Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 471

Thread: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-04-10 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    588

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    If Ann Coulter was taped kissing another Woman in a way that presumed it was more than a hello/goodbye situation and it was on Private property with a full expectation of total privacy and some Olberman type scuzzball had the tape - wel(??) would it get all over including MSM in very short order ???? Do We really have to think on this one(??)

  2. #192
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    That's what I'm thinking too. Judging by the fact that he was making out with another man shows he was out to some degree, but definitely not open. I think the fear of being harassed and the shock of everyone knowing he is gay may have been the trigger or at least a factor in his decision to suicide. Maybe he also feared rejection from his family or friends over being a homosexual. I do think there were deeper issues, but this event led to a suicidal cascade. It's a shame, honestly I think many would side with him and condemn those who recorded him.
    You could be right about this. It could have been the trigger, but for it to BE a trigger for him to kill himself, there must have been more significant mental health issues. One who is emotionally stable, just doesn't kill themselves out of the blue, no matter how difficult a situation they are presented. Not from what I've seen, at least.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #193
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    And he did that under his real name?
    His user name was apparently not very well hidden, as both his roommate and reporters were able to uncover it with minimal effort

    Either way, the point is that if someone willingly broadcasts video of himself performing sexual acts on a gay website all over the internet, it seems strange that a video of him merely kissing a guy being streamed to a couple college kids would cause him such embarrassment that he would commit suicide. This is particularly true where the kid involved doesn't appear to be very closeted, if at all.

    As has been stated repeatedly, it sounds like there's a lot more to this story than we currently know.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 10-02-10 at 02:34 AM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #194
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    No, we don't "all have a couple of embarrassing videos or drunken pictures floating around." That's a really disingenuous argument to use against this kid, Jall, and you're better than that.
    Anyone who went to college in the past 10 years and did anything remotely inappropriate has embarrassing videos or drunken pictures floating around.

    This is something that my friends and I joke about all the time. No one from our generation who was even remotely social will ever be able to run for office until all the older people either die off or learn to accept the fact that everything is on camera nowadays. I can't wait until we stop demonizing people for the fact that there are drunken pictures of them - everyone did it, the difference is just that old people didn't have cameras everywhere.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    CC -
    Internalized homophobia? Oh... just another one of your silly unsubstantiated opinions that have no merit. Gotcha.
    Well, in all fairness, this was before I knew he was out.. Just coz it was unsubstantiatied didn't negate the claim when I made it. This is "breaking news", right? We all learn as we go, and since I am the one that "broke" the newer information here on DP, I should deserve some credit, no? Up until that point everyone was speculating, so please get off your high horse..

    Tim-
    Last edited by Hicup; 10-02-10 at 02:59 AM.
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #196
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    CC -

    Well, in all fairness, this was before I knew he was out.. Just coz it was unsubstantiatied didn't negate the claim when I made it. This is "breaking news", right? We all learn as we go, and since I am the one that "broke" the newer information here on DP, I should deserve some credit, no? Up until that point everyone was speculating, so please get off your high horse..

    Tim-
    Don't care about your explanation. Your initial assumption had no basis in ANYTHING other than your bias. That doesn't make it breaking news at all.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #197
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    CC -

    Well, in all fairness, this was before I knew he was out.. Just coz it was unsubstantiatied didn't negate the claim when I made it. This is "breaking news", right? We all learn as we go, and since I am the one that "broke" the newer information here on DP, I should deserve some credit, no? Up until that point everyone was speculating, so please get off your high horse..

    Tim-
    Actually the higher rate of suicide amongst homosexuals supports your claim.

    One important and carefully conducted study found suicide attempts among homosexuals were six times greater than the average (Remafedi et al. 1998).

    Then, more recently, in the Archives of General Psychiatry-- an established and well-respected journal--three papers appeared with extensive accompanying commentary (Fergusson et al. 1999, Herrell et al. 1999, Sandfort et al. 2001, and e.g. Bailey 1999). J. Michael Bailey included a commentary on the above research; Bailey, it should be noted, conducted many of the muchpublicized "gay twin studies" which were used by gay advocates as support for the "born that way" theory. Neil Whitehead, Ph.D.
    Bailey said, "These studies contain arguably the best published data on the association between homosexuality and psychopathology, and both converge on the same unhappy conclusion: homosexual people are at substantially higher risk for some forms of emotional problems, including suicidality, major depression, and anxiety disorder, conduct disorder, and nicotine dependence...The strength of the new studies is their degree of control."


    Homosexuality and Mental Health Problems

    Suicide risk higher among young gay people, a Swiss study finds. - swissinfo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #198
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Don't care about your explanation. Your initial assumption had no basis in ANYTHING other than your bias. That doesn't make it breaking news at all.
    Ah, I see, so people can't have internalized homophobia? It is what homophobia is, afterall. I know that NOW it means something else, but back when the term was coined it meant something quite different. Either way, I don't care that you don't care. It happens to be the truth, regardless of whether you think it is.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #199
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Actually the higher rate of suicide amongst homosexuals supports your claim.

    One important and carefully conducted study found suicide attempts among homosexuals were six times greater than the average (Remafedi et al. 1998).

    Then, more recently, in the Archives of General Psychiatry-- an established and well-respected journal--three papers appeared with extensive accompanying commentary (Fergusson et al. 1999, Herrell et al. 1999, Sandfort et al. 2001, and e.g. Bailey 1999). J. Michael Bailey included a commentary on the above research; Bailey, it should be noted, conducted many of the muchpublicized "gay twin studies" which were used by gay advocates as support for the "born that way" theory. Neil Whitehead, Ph.D.
    Bailey said, "These studies contain arguably the best published data on the association between homosexuality and psychopathology, and both converge on the same unhappy conclusion: homosexual people are at substantially higher risk for some forms of emotional problems, including suicidality, major depression, and anxiety disorder, conduct disorder, and nicotine dependence...The strength of the new studies is their degree of control."


    Homosexuality and Mental Health Problems

    Suicide risk higher among young gay people, a Swiss study finds. - swissinfo
    Correlation, not causation. This supports nothing.

    Further, the first link is to NARTH... which I reject outright, as NARTH has zero credibility. As for the second link, if you would like to see some possible causation, perhaps you should have posted some of the excerpts:

    Pierre Schommer, a member of Pink Cross and organiser of the sexual orientation issues in schools seminar, said that the fact that the suicide risk was higher among homosexual youths was worrying.

    "It's because they are bullied, discriminated against, and because they are not accepted and don't find a way of life for their homosexuality in society," he said.

    Often harassment and violence takes place at schools, which in Switzerland are often attended until the age of 20. Adolescents often react badly to someone they perceive as not behaving "normally" or like a "typical" man or woman, Schommer explained.
    Revealing their sexual orientation can be a difficult experience for some young people, with a rejection by relatives or friends leading to isolation and loneliness.

    "These kinds of negative experiences are those which can end in a low self-esteem, stress, mood problems, drug abuse or suicide," Leu said.
    So, again, not only have you shown no causation, but you have shown that the connection may be social pressures and attitudes towards homosexuality. Thank you for refuting your own post.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 10-02-10 at 03:22 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #200
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Ah, I see, so people can't have internalized homophobia? It is what homophobia is, afterall. I know that NOW it means something else, but back when the term was coined it meant something quite different. Either way, I don't care that you don't care. It happens to be the truth, regardless of whether you think it is.


    Tim-
    Didn't say that people could not have it. What I said is that you made an assumption based on YOUR bias without any evidence or information that substantiated it. And that's what made it irrelevant, as I said. It really is just that simple.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •