Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 334

Thread: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

  1. #1
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    I didn't see this posted yet.

    It is very possible Whitman did not know her personal employee was illegal, but the story may damage her campaign anyway.


    Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper - Video - FoxNews.com
    Do not write in this space!

  2. #2
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    I didn't see this posted yet.

    It is very possible Whitman did not know her personal employee was illegal, but the story may damage her campaign anyway.

    Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper - Video - FoxNews.com
    I don't think she much cared about the person's legal status as long as they provided cheap labor.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #3
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I don't think she much cared about the person's legal status as long as they provided cheap labor.
    But she said the girl was hired through an agency, and had proper paperwork.
    Do not write in this space!

  4. #4
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    But she said the girl was hired through an agency, and had proper paperwork.
    If that's the case, then it sounds like that agency should be investigated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #5
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If that's the case, then it sounds like that agency should be investigated.
    Maybe. But its not very hard for someone illegal to get legitimite looking paperwork. And if a company hired someone based on that (and filed the I9 form) they weren't doing anything illegal, they were being fooled, but not committing a crime.
    Do not write in this space!

  6. #6
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    In a well-publicized press conference this morning, Meg Whitman's former housekeeper accused California's Republican nominee for governor of verbal abuse and exploitation. Nicky Diaz has hired Gloria Allred, a high-profile laywer who represented a stunt woman accusing Arnold Schwarzenegger of sexual assault during his 2003 campaign for governor (the suit was dismissed). Allred's current endeavor, just a month before the election, is sparking a bit of deja vu.
    Yea, this doesn't sound like it's motivated by politics or anything.

    Meg Whitman's Nanny Diaries - Nicole Allan - Politics - The Atlantic
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #7
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,747

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    I didn't see this posted yet.

    It is very possible Whitman did not know her personal employee was illegal, but the story may damage her campaign anyway.


    Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper - Video - FoxNews.com
    Doesn't matter. The reason she might not have known that her housekeeper was illegal is because she probably broke the law. Let me explain - For more than 10 years, it has been a requirement for employers to verify that prospective employees are in the United States legally. This consists of completing an I-9 form on each and every employee that you hire. This also includes housekeepers. Ignorance of the law is no excuse, and if Whitman did not verify her employee, before hiring her, she has no excuse either. In fact, she should know better. Wasn't she the CEO of a major company?
    Last edited by danarhea; 09-29-10 at 11:07 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #8
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Doesn't matter. The reason she might not have known that her housekeeper was illegal is because she probably broke the law. Let me explain - For more than 10 years, it has been a requirement for employers to verify that prospective employees are in the United States legally. This consists of completing an I-9 form on each and every employee that you hire. This also includes housekeepers. Ignorance of the law is no excuse, and if Whitman did not verify her employee, before hiring her, she has no excuse either. In fact, she should know better. Wasn't she the CEO of a major company?
    Whitman says that the nanny had presented falsified documents to the agency that she worked for. I presume that the agency was the nominal employer and bore the burden of verifying those documents.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Doesn't matter. The reason she might not have known that her housekeeper was illegal is because she probably broke the law. Let me explain - For more than 10 years, it has been a requirement for employers to verify that prospective employees are in the United States legally. This consists of completing an I-9 form on each and every employee that you hire. This also includes housekeepers. Ignorance of the law is no excuse, and if Whitman did not verify her employee, before hiring her, she has no excuse either. In fact, she should know better. Wasn't she the CEO of a major company?
    Actually TMZ has the documents and have posted them showing that the maid did provide an I9, W4, SSN card and drivers license. Basically, you have a maid that, apparently lied about her imigration status, committed identity theft and, when the maid finally came clean, was fired. After being fired, and apparently for political reasons, she went to Allred (who has a history of this) and filed a complaint.

  10. #10
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,747

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Actually TMZ has the documents and have posted them showing that the maid did provide an I9, W4, SSN card and drivers license. Basically, you have a maid that, apparently lied about her imigration status, committed identity theft and, when the maid finally came clean, was fired. After being fired, and apparently for political reasons, she went to Allred (who has a history of this) and filed a complaint.
    If that is the case, then she should be in jail. Identity theft is serious business. Please post a link ASAP. I am more than willing to change my stance here, if you give me a good reason to do so. Looks like you ARE giving me a good reason, but I do ask that you show me the documentation. Do that, and I will be screaming alongside of you.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •