Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 334

Thread: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

  1. #61
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,073

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's a pretty generous wage for a menial laborer. Like I said, skilled technicians get paid that here in LA. And I am perfectly comfortable with paying them that salary.
    Skilled technicians go home after 5pm. They don't cook, clean and take care of your kids. Jallman, you live in California. $15 an hour is what you'd pay a teenager to take care of your kids. Seriously, child-care in California is big business because of how expensive it is to have somebody take care of your kids while you're at work. You're comparing apples and oranges.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Irrelevant. answer the question. What is so generous about paying $23 an hour in California? You act like Whitman was some sort of patron saint.
    no, not a saint, just a person who did nothing wrong

  3. #63
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,073

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    no, not a saint, just a person who did nothing wrong
    You are supposed to report an illegal alien to federal authorities.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    no, not a saint, just a person who did nothing wrong
    I bet your tone would be different if she were a Democrat.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    the letter from social security to ms whitman which ms allred is waving about actually serves to exonerate the republican candidate and her husband

    the note the husband scratched---check into this, nikki---rather indicates this unlisted ssn came as news to him

    the fact that the couple continued to pay all taxes, all soc sec, undercuts allred's entire premise about why the whitmans would hire an illegal (at $23 an hour) in the first place

    the text of the letter states simply that the ssn doesn't register, it does not say ms nikki is illegal

    indeed, there is a paragraph in the corrspondence which states the employers must NOT act on this ssn discrepancy by FIRING their maid

    allred's entire case as contained in the letter rather serves to exonerate the whitmans, not taint them

    indeed, here in CA allred is becoming THE issue in this madcap story

    she has EXPOSED ms nikki to serious legal jeopardy, as an illegal, as potentially an employee who LIED to her bosses

    and for what, ms allred?

    what have you or nikki to gain from this?

    meg and moonbeam are debating tonite, this topic will certainly be pretty hot

    she is well positioned to knock this one outta the park, and, after so much brouhaha has been had over this (almost as much as the delaware witch), she will experience a serious BUMP

    we'll all be watching, i expect

    brown's camp comes across as dirty and desperate

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I bet your tone would be different if she were a Democrat.
    my tone, as always, is matter of fact

    it's the only adult tone

  7. #67
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,073

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    the letter from social security to ms whitman which ms allred is waving about actually serves to exonerate the republican candidate and her husband

    the note the husband scratched---check into this, nikki---rather indicates this unlisted ssn came as news to him

    the fact that the couple continued to pay all taxes, all soc sec, undercuts allred's entire premise about why the whitmans would hire an illegal (at $23 an hour) in the first place

    the text of the letter states simply that the ssn doesn't register, it does not say ms nikki is illegal

    indeed, there is a paragraph in the corrspondence which states the employers must NOT act on this ssn discrepancy by FIRING their maid

    allred's entire case as contained in the letter rather serves to exonerate the whitmans, not taint them

    indeed, here in CA allred is becoming THE issue in this madcap story

    she has EXPOSED ms nikki to serious legal jeopardy, as an illegal, as potentially an employee who LIED to her bosses

    and for what, ms allred?

    what have you or nikki to gain from this?

    meg and moonbeam are debating tonite, this topic will certainly be pretty hot

    she is well positioned to knock this one outta the park, and, after so much brouhaha has been had over this (almost as much as the delaware witch), she will experience a serious BUMP

    we'll all be watching, i expect

    brown's camp comes across as dirty and desperate
    .... You do know Alfred isn't a member of this forum, right?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You are supposed to report an illegal alien to federal authorities.
    employees are sposed to tell their employers the truth

  9. #69
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    It wasn't necessarily the agency's fault either, even if the woman was illegal. If she had paperwork that looked authentic and the agency reported the documents properly on an I9 form, that's all they were required to do.
    You are saying that they just looked at the documents and nothing else? They didn't check to see if any of that stuff was real? Sounds like a poor excuse. Like they just turned a blind eye. I would not have used the same agency if I was her.There is also the old saying "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me".
    Last edited by jamesrage; 10-02-10 at 01:47 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Skilled technicians go home after 5pm. They don't cook, clean and take care of your kids. Jallman, you live in California. $15 an hour is what you'd pay a teenager to take care of your kids. Seriously, child-care in California is big business because of how expensive it is to have somebody take care of your kids while you're at work. You're comparing apples and oranges.
    So, what is the average hourly wage of a part time maid in california? Actual proof i.e. a link, not just what you think it is.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •