Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 334

Thread: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

  1. #311
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Are you aware there are a lot of legal hispanic residents in California. There are even more people of hispanic decent that were born in California.

    You didn't answer the question. What would you have done that Whitman did not do to insure the woman was legally able to work other than assume she was illegal which of couse is biased against hispanics.
    Yes, I am aware there are many legal Hispanic residents in California and many of them became legal thanks to Reagan's amnesty program.

    I lived in LA for 20 years and I have hired many housekeepers over the years and I didn't care if they were legal or not and I'm pretty sure Whitman didn't care either when she hired Nicki. Don't ask, don't tell, is the American way.

    You are the one who is biased if you would put an illegal immigrant in jail simply because they came here to find work. It shows you don't understand or even know what the American free trade agreement NAFTA did to Mexico's economy and why so many of their people risk their lives to cross the border. The US free trade policies bears most of the blame for the mass illegal immigration from Mexico. What we sowed, so shall we reap.

    http://www.twnside.org.sg/title2/res...83/Cover06.doc
    Last edited by Moot; 11-01-10 at 05:12 AM.

  2. #312
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,487

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Yes, I am aware there are many legal Hispanic residents in California and many of them became legal thanks to Reagan's amnesty program.

    I lived in LA for 20 years and I have hired many housekeepers over the years and I didn't care if they were legal or not and I'm pretty sure Whitman didn't care either when she hired Nicki. Don't ask, don't tell, is the American way.

    You are the one who is biased if you would put an illegal immigrant in jail simply because they came here to find work. It shows you don't understand or even know what the American free trade agreement NAFTA did to Mexico's economy and why so many of their people risk their lives to cross the border. The US free trade policies bears most of the blame for the mass illegal immigration from Mexico. What we sowed, so shall we reap.

    http://www.twnside.org.sg/title2/res...83/Cover06.doc
    What you say doesn't make any sense but don't let that stop you.

    If a person doesn't care if a worker is illegal they wouldn't jump through all the hoops she did to be legal on everything.

    You can't read very well can you? I said she needs to be jailed for falsifying information to the California DMV and to other agencies. It is a felony to sign a document under penalty of perjury when you know the information is false. She did that more than once. Do you think she gets a pass because she is inthe country illegally and maybe you think US law does not apply to her. I don't know why some people think it is OK to break the law with no consequences. Identity theft is also a crime and she should be prosecuted for that, and if the person knowingly gave her permission to use her SS number, she needs to be jailed as well. If there were some kind of consequences to illegal action, maybe some of these people would think twice about doing some of this ****ed up ****.

    The people crossing the border looking for work "to feed their families" are the losers of society. You can keep them. We don't need them back here in Mexico.

  3. #313
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    What you say doesn't make any sense but don't let that stop you.

    If a person doesn't care if a worker is illegal they wouldn't jump through all the hoops she did to be legal on everything.

    You can't read very well can you?
    What is your problem? Do you think your snarky insults will somehow make you appear intelligent or convince me you are right? Well, you couldn't be more wrong.

    I said she needs to be jailed for falsifying information to the California DMV and to other agencies. It is a felony to sign a document under penalty of perjury when you know the information is false. She did that more than once. Do you think she gets a pass because she is inthe country illegally and maybe you think US law does not apply to her.
    I don't give a rat's ass what you said. Nicki wouldn't have had to falsify her documents if she wasn't an illegal immigrant and if you can't understand that then you don't understand anything.

    I don't know why some people think it is OK to break the law with no consequences. Identity theft is also a crime and she should be prosecuted for that, and if the person knowingly gave her permission to use her SS number, she needs to be jailed as well. If there were some kind of consequences to illegal action, maybe some of these people would think twice about doing some of this ****ed up ****.
    I seriously doubt there is a person in this country that hasn't broken a law or two, including you. Laws are meaningless unless they are enforced and/or obeyed. Few people cared about the immigration laws until a few white supremists in Arizonia decided they could get rich off the federal government by imprisoning illegal immigrants in private prisons. I think the motive behind the sudden interest in anti-immigration is dispiciple.


    The people crossing the border looking for work "to feed their families" are the losers of society. You can keep them. We don't need them back here in Mexico.
    "Losers of society?" Geez, and you had the nerve to call me biased? And what do you mean you "don't need them back here in Mexico?" Are you living in Mexico and exploiting their cheap resources while you whine about the laws in the US?
    Last edited by Moot; 11-01-10 at 06:48 AM.

  4. #314
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Yes, I am aware there are many legal Hispanic residents in California and many of them became legal thanks to Reagan's amnesty program.

    I lived in LA for 20 years and I have hired many housekeepers over the years and I didn't care if they were legal or not and I'm pretty sure Whitman didn't care either when she hired Nicki. Don't ask, don't tell, is the American way.
    If she didn't care then why go through hiring through an employment agency and asking for all those documents?

    You are the one who is biased if you would put an illegal immigrant in jail simply because they came here to find work. It shows you don't understand or even know what the American free trade agreement NAFTA did to Mexico's economy and why so many of their people risk their lives to cross the border. The US free trade policies bears most of the blame for the mass illegal immigration from Mexico. What we sowed, so shall we reap.

    http://www.twnside.org.sg/title2/res...83/Cover06.doc
    LOL! Free trade made Mexico poorer? Oh please, do tell.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  5. #315
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    If she didn't care then why go through hiring through an employment agency and asking for all those documents?
    Because going through an agency is how most people hire housekeepers. Thats how I hired all my housekeepers. Some couldn't even speak english.



    LOL! Free trade made Mexico poorer? Oh please, do tell.
    I posted a link if you care to read it.

  6. #316
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You think Arnold is a Republican? LOL!!!


    j-mac
    Laugh all you want, that is what he is!


    Wiki:
    As a Republican, he was first elected on October 7, 2003, in a special recall election to replace then-Governor Gray Davis. Schwarzenegger was sworn in on November 17, 2003, to serve the remainder of Davis's term. Schwarzenegger was then re-elected on November 7, 2006, in California's 2006 gubernatorial election, to serve a full term as governor, defeating Democrat Phil Angelides, who was California State Treasurer at the time. Schwarzenegger was sworn in for his second term on January 5, 2007



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  7. #317
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Not true. I am defending Meg because she did nothing wrong in this instance. However, to prove you wrong and because it's just so easy... There are republicans that I will not defend and will be happy to criticize. For example, I will criticize Bush 1, Christine Odonnel, the guy that stepped on that girls head. However, just as most democrats will vote for democrats, I will typically vote for republican. Having said that, though, there is a democrat I have voted for. I will vote for that same democrat, when he comes up for re-election - which I think is Tuesday.
    You are saying that Whitman did nothing wrong because you are taking her word against others. Since it is going to court, it will be decided whether or not she did something wrong. For you to say that before the court decides is so typical of Republicans - they always defend other Republicans before they have all the facts.

    The IRS doesn't affirm that people have paid their taxes. For instance, I never once heard them state that you paid your taxes. Using your logic (I use that term quite loosely) you are obviously a tax evader.
    When Whitman/Nicky go to court it will be determined whether or not taxes have been paid.

    Instead, what the IRS does is affirm, through charges, that taxes have not been paid.
    And, since it hasn't gone to court, we don't have word from the IRS. It will be a known fact then, but until then, the IRS won't say that she hasn't.

    No one with any knoweldge (including the IRS, Meg, the maid, the attorneys, etc) have contradicted the statement that the maid's taxes were paid. The only people that are contradicting, are people that have no clue (such as you) but instead have an axe to grind.
    Taxes were paid to a name that was not Nicky's. Remember, Whitman was sent a letter telling her that Nicky's SSN did not match the name they had for that number?
    So, basically, she hasn't paid taxes to her name. So, when you figure that one out, be sure and let us know.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  8. #318
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Their state is a mess, and they keep voting into power the individuals that made it that way.
    Exactly, they need to vote in a Republican for once or their state is going to become a disaster.
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  9. #319
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post

    What would you have done that Whitman did not do to insure this woman was in the country legally?
    Meg Whitman, running for Governor, former E-Bay CEO, should be smart enough to know that there is a government service (free) to check out whether your employees are legal.

    Meg Whitman should have used it, especially after the SSA notified her that the SSN was a mismatch.

    Meg Whitman should be punished for hiring illegals.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  10. #320
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Exactly, they need to vote in a Republican for once or their state is going to become a disaster.
    Ha,ha,ha! I guess Reps/cons don't know that Schwarzenegger is a Republican?

    And besides, it was a Republican that put the country in the toilet.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •