Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 334

Thread: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

  1. #301
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sad, sad state of affairs when all demo's have these days are personal smears, and conspiracy theory.


    j-mac
    yes, and this propensity of the party in power to go personal is not confined to california

    it's nationwide, all can see

    even abc, yesterday:

    Vote 2010 Elections: Democratic Closing Argument: Personal Attacks - ABC News

    in TIMES LIKE THESE, in california and coast to coast, the campaign for control coming from the crew currently in charge is all about whores and witches

    republicans, in contrast, are "foaming at the mouth," according to gallup this morning, eager to talk about our TROUBLES, our TODAY, our 2010

    y'know, JOBS, the economy, the spending and borrowing and deficits, taxes, the lack of results, the unreadable and unworkalbe leviathans of legislation which leadership has leveraged on us

    that leadership can't even begin to address these epic concerns in our troubled times is disgraceful

    here in CA, a festering sore, inimical issue NOT on many folks' radar screens is this sacrifice of the CENTRAL VALLEY for some stupid smelt

    i'm on the western edge of that once burgeoning loamland, i've had my eye on merced and stockton and modesto and fresno for months

    there was a poll this week outta CA20, jim costa, that had the 3 term incumbent trailing by TEN

    RealClearPolitics - Election 2010 - California 20th District - Vidak vs. Costa

    it's susa, as reputed a congressional pollster as we have

    it's all rather to be expected, the suffering along the san joaquin is so real

    CA20, the south central valley (CA18, dennis cardoza, comprises the north) is SIXTY THREE % hispanic

    unemployment in some of the dustbowls is FORTY %

    i wonder if the times/usc and field, when they drew up their sample, accounted for hispanic sentiment in the central valley

    i wonder what turnout model cnn/time used, i wonder what actual turnout is gonna ultimately manifest itself

    the groundswell is all gop, the earlies are enormous, and according to gallup, pew, battleground/gwu and nbc/wsj TODAY momentum is mounting in the last few days for a massive makeover

    Key Bloc Of Voters Flocks to The GOP - WSJ.com

    i don't know what's gonna happen to moonbeam and barbara the bitch boxer

    but i know that a LOST central valley is very problematic for progressive prospects here on the left coast

    and i feel that i9's are not really what these elections are about

    either way, enjoy tuesday

    it's gonna be very exciting
    Last edited by The Prof; 10-30-10 at 06:07 PM.

  2. #302
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Do you think someone here illegally and who lied on a federal form should be doported or not. Simple question.
    In this case she should be put in jail first, then deported after she served her time.

  3. #303
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Yeah, like the fact that the current Governor is a Republican?

    You think Arnold is a Republican? LOL!!!


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #304
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    I knew that you didn't live in CA - you just took Meg's side because she happens to be the Republican and most Reps/cons don't care what their candidates do, as long as they are Reps they will defend and vote for them.
    Not true. I am defending Meg because she did nothing wrong in this instance. However, to prove you wrong and because it's just so easy... There are republicans that I will not defend and will be happy to criticize. For example, I will criticize Bush 1, Christine Odonnel, the guy that stepped on that girls head. However, just as most democrats will vote for democrats, I will typically vote for republican. Having said that, though, there is a democrat I have voted for. I will vote for that same democrat, when he comes up for re-election - which I think is Tuesday.

    Like I told you before, I guess it went over your head. I know that you claim that Nicky paid her taxes and so did Whitman, but that has not been verified by IRS, so until it is, it is a moot point.
    The IRS doesn't affirm that people have paid their taxes. For instance, I never once heard them state that you paid your taxes. Using your logic (I use that term quite loosely) you are obviously a tax evader. Instead, what the IRS does is affirm, through charges, that taxes have not been paid. No one with any knoweldge (including the IRS, Meg, the maid, the attorneys, etc) have contradicted the statement that the maid's taxes were paid. The only people that are contradicting, are people that have no clue (such as you) but instead have an axe to grind.

  5. #305
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    ahnahld was once a republican, that was a long time ago

    to understand california politics, in my opinion, you must appreciate what happened to the gubernator and how it happened

    gray davis became only the second gub in us history to be RECALLED in 2003

    that november ahnahld won the special in a crowded field by a plurality of 17

    ahnahld was intimidating, ahnahld was a star, ahnahld marched on sacto to kick some butt

    he immediately ran into the logjam that has prevailed there for the better part of a decade

    we are a state where pretty much the entire delegations from the 2 major population centers, the bay area in the north and city of angels down south, are not very many steps removed from whatever it is style of politics you want to call it that comes out of places like san francisco, berkeley, oakland, richmond...

    pretty much the entire bay area caucus, for instance is comprised rather comprehensively of clones of nancy, her creations and sycophants

    lynn woolsey, leader of the house progressive caucus, comes from marin, just across the golden gate from frisco

    george miller, house author of obamacare, comes from richmond/vallejo

    barbara lee in oakland/berkeley, john garamendi from the once wealthy tri valley, jerry mcnerny in my district out here in the east bay/delta, jackie speier in south sf, the old home of looney tom lantos

    spitting pete stark in hayward/fremont, half the silicon valley (680S over the sunol grade is one of the cruelest commutes in the country)

    anna eshoo on the peninsula, palo alto south to san jose, also silicon rich

    mike honda in still wealthy santa clara county and zoe lofgren in san jose proper---they're all loyally in lockstep with their leader

    yes, we are a state with some pretty dark blues

    but in sacto the reds, led by terrible tom mcclintock, need only ONE THIRD plus one to put a STOP to any germ of a tax hike

    we've been stuck here forever, we are a dying state because of our budget's burgeoning bankruptcy, and yet sacto is pretty much CONSITUTIONALLY incapable of contemplating even an ounce of remediation

    so ahnahld's method of dealing with the recalcitrants way back then was to threaten and then actually to call his 2005 special election

    it was glorious, the 4 propositions the weightlifter championed, so perfectly crafted, timed and placed

    no abortions for underage girls without at least the notification of a parent, reform of public teacher tenure, no union dues for campaign unless specifically ok'd by member's signature, and a spending cap

    they were great propositions, they were well written, no one really tore any holes in them

    the cta and seiu, of course, but especially the nurses went after the gub, he called out the hospital employees in the paper pajamas

    they kicked his ahnahld ass, 4 for 4, special election, 2005

    he's been a phantom since, a cardboard gubernator

    we have been completely leaderless, solutionless, yet all knowing all the while we're fast slipping into the pacific

    foreclosures are everywhere, even in the trivalley, even in santa clara, home values are in the basement

    californians know we are on a certain course to insolvency and yet we have NO faith, no hope, only despair for any kind of political solution coming from sacto

    and we've felt this way for years

    and, worse, the assemblies themselves have thrown in the towel, no one up there is gonna go out on a limb and propose anything that might be controversial

    they've given up, we've given up

    in the special election of last year, may, 09, emergency "one time allocations" of income tax revenues, tobacco taxes, lottery proceeds, all to stitch together for a few more months the tattered bottom lines of our broken budget, were busted, 6 for 6, all beat down by almost two to one

    THAT was sea change out here on the left coast

    californians have become cynical but not cold

    jerry brown is a ridiculous figure, out here in california and pretty much across the country

    he's the candidate only because our other top dems---cruz bustamante in sacto, villairagosa in la---are too tied to the top, too tainted

    gavin so good looking newsom in sf was a fresh face til we all learned how he'd treated his so called best friend and campaign manager

    if the 7 million residents of the central valley, 4.5 million of em hispanic, abandon the party of bustamente, boxer and brown...

    either way, a state that was once reliably blue is now, empirically, half red

    we'll see what it all means
    Last edited by The Prof; 10-31-10 at 11:14 AM.

  6. #306
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    In this case she should be put in jail first, then deported after she served her time.
    If Meg Whitman wants to criminalize employers who hire illegal immigrants, then she should be the first to get charged.

  7. #307
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If Meg Whitman wants to criminalize employers who hire illegal immigrants, then she should be the first to get charged.
    You need to understand what happened here.

    The woman needs to go to jail for getting a drivers license, under penalty of perjury, under false pretenses.

    The state should prosecute here for the fraud, not for being inthe country illegal.

    This woman broke a ton of laws and she should pay for that then get deported.

    I assume by your comment that you beleive she knew the woman was illegal.

    What would you have done that Whitman did not do to insure this woman was in the country legally?

  8. #308
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You think Arnold is a Republican? LOL!!!


    j-mac
    That would be like calling Bloomberg a Republican.

  9. #309
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    You need to understand what happened here.

    The woman needs to go to jail for getting a drivers license, under penalty of perjury, under false pretenses.

    The state should prosecute here for the fraud, not for being inthe country illegal.

    This woman broke a ton of laws and she should pay for that then get deported.

    I assume by your comment that you beleive she knew the woman was illegal.

    What would you have done that Whitman did not do to insure this woman was in the country legally?
    In California, almost everyone knows that most Hispanic housekeepers are illegal immigrants and that anyone can buy a DL and SS in Los Angeles. So either Whitman was very naive or she didn't care about Nicki's legality. And if she was naive, then she doesn't have the intelligence to run a state like California and if she didn't care, then she's a hypocrite. Either way she loses on this issue.

  10. #310
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    In California, almost everyone knows that most Hispanic housekeepers are illegal immigrants and that anyone can buy a DL and SS in Los Angeles. So either Whitman was very naive or she didn't care about Nicki's legality. And if she was naive, then she doesn't have the intelligence to run a state like California and if she didn't care, then she's a hypocrite. Either way she loses on this issue.
    Are you aware there are a lot of legal hispanic residents in California. There are even more people of hispanic decent that were born in California.

    You didn't answer the question. What would you have done that Whitman did not do to insure the woman was legally able to work other than assume she was illegal which of couse is biased against hispanics.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •