Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 334

Thread: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

  1. #281
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Not to mention she stabbed you in your cold, dark heart, bitch.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  2. #282
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Great, I don't like Whitman either, berate her all you want. These at least are good arguments against voting for her as opposed to the whole housekeeper nonsense.
    OMG!! That Jerry Brown interview was TERRIBLE!! I usually support the Democratic party and can say I'm honestly embarrassed by that lol. That has to be the most damaging video clip of a candidate I've ever seen. That one comparing Arnold to Whitman is good too. We are screwed either way!!
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  3. #283
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,463

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Not to mention she stabbed you in your cold, dark heart, bitch.
    I bet it breaks her heart that EBAY is sending jobs to China and helping to build the Chinese army, too.

  4. #284
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I bet it breaks her heart that EBAY is sending jobs to China and helping to build the Chinese army, too.

    Do you believe that more companies will stay in America when their taxes go up further?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #285
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Not to mention she stabbed you in your cold, dark heart, bitch.
    Who can blame her after all of the trouble she has caused her?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  6. #286
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I bet it breaks her heart that EBAY is sending jobs to China and helping to build the Chinese army, too.
    Sorry to break it to you, but companies aren't charities. This is why I have no problem with Fiorina sending jobs to China either. They want to increase their profits, and in the end it gives us lower prices. The employer benefits and consumers benefit. Only employees lose and they can find another job. The increasingly specialized division of labor is a good thing.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  7. #287
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I don't live in CA, and frankly, don't care who their governor is. Their state is a mess, and they keep voting into power the individuals that made it that way.
    I knew that you didn't live in CA - you just took Meg's side because she happens to be the Republican and most Reps/cons don't care what their candidates do, as long as they are Reps they will defend and vote for them. The state is a mess, but guess what, they have a Republican Governor, so you are the one that wants the same individuals that turned it into a mess and keep voting for them. Even Meg Whitman, admits that Brown was doing such a good job - why she came to California. Are you going to refute her?





    However, you still haven't answered - Meg paid the maid $23.00 per hour and, according to those directly invovled, all applicable taxes. I guess it's possible they just forgot to ask you for the facts of the case, but I doubt it. So, how did Meg profit from the endeavor of hiring a known illegal? Don't you think Meg would pay her less and probably skip on the whole "paying taxes" thing? Or do you think that meg knowingly hires illegals and pays full salary just for fun?
    Like I told you before, I guess it went over your head. I know that you claim that Nicky paid her taxes and so did Whitman, but that has not been verified by IRS, so until it is, it is a moot point. If Meg Whitman was thoroughly convinced that Nicky was legal, why didn't she sign the form acknowledging that she was sure Nicky was legal. The suit charges that Whitman didn't pay Nicky all the hours due her, as well as mileage, and it hasn't gone to court yet. For Reps/cons to keep ascertaining that Meg Whitman is innocent is sheer assumption.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  8. #288
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Facts are releveant in this type of discussion. California derserves space cadet Brown. How fitting if he wins and they legalizr pot the same day!
    Yeah, like the fact that the current Governor is a Republican? That even Meg Whitman endorses Jerry Brown!





    Legalizing pot will save the country billions of dollars spent trying to stop pot from coming into the country illegally. How dumb is that? And people who want to use pot will continue to use it whether legal or not, so not capitalizing on it seems odd to me since most Reps/cons are all in favor of Capitalism!



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  9. #289
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    If she knew she was illegal then why would she ask for a SSN, driver's license, the word of the employment agency, etc.? Why go through all of that for someone you know is illegal? Your story makes no sense.
    Are you feigning ignorance like Whitman? Of course Whitman would ask for all those things, she was trying to protect herself from the gitgo. It's all a farce. The employee says he's legal, the employer pretends she believes the employee. She's dumb, but not that dumb.

    She did everything that the law requires!
    No, she didn't. Why you keep insisting on that is beyond me.

    1. She didn't sign the I-9 card claiming that she was positive that Nicky Diaz was legal.
    2. She didn't respond to the SSA letter advising her there was a mismatch with the SSN, a tipoff that something is not right.

    If a con artist gets $500 from you and then uses equipment that he purchased with that money to rob a bank, are you an accessory to robbery?
    Your analogy doesn't even make sense. Stick to the facts instead of making up analogies that don't even relate to the issue at hand.
    Of course not! If you had no way of knowing, then how can you be at fault?
    That is so inane. What you are claiming is that there is no way of identifying illegals. Well, the country is in deep kimchi if that is the case. If all they have to do is present SSNs and fake driver's licenses, we are in trouble because they have been doing that for a long time. It is the employer's responsibility to find out - the government has even provided a free service through E-verify - why they don't use it just shows that they know but rather ignore the law. Then, they join the group that claims to be against illegals coming into the US and getting jobs. What a sham!



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  10. #290
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,354

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I bet it breaks her heart that EBAY is sending jobs to China and helping to build the Chinese army, too.
    Ebay helping the chinese army? By selling them used toys.

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •