Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 334

Thread: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

  1. #261
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Not really funny at all. Mertex doesn't want the facts, instead relying on the speculation of the whole thing. In a couple of years when the IRS still hasn't filed charges against Whitman for not paying the required taxes, Mertex will still insist upon her guilt.
    What facts? The facts that you are fantasizing in order to give Meg a pass?

    The fact is that Brown is beating her soundly - and in a couple of weeks you won't remember who Meg Whitmas was! She can go back and hire herself another illegal, because a billionaire like her shouldn't have to spend any more than she needs to, if she can get away with hiring illegals, and get the approval of the rest of the Republicans who claim to want illegals gone! Illegals won't cease being a problem until scumbags like Whitman quit hiring them!



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  2. #262
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,352

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    What does it say about the state of politics in general or this forum specifically. Here we have a contest for the govenor of the largest state in the U.S. It has something like a $20 billion budget deficit. Unemployed and underemployed total about 22% and they have a shortfall in their pension funding of about $100 billion. Yet we have 260 posts on this meaningless issue.

    People get the government they deserve.

  3. #263
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    What facts? The facts that you are fantasizing in order to give Meg a pass?

    The fact is that Brown is beating her soundly - and in a couple of weeks you won't remember who Meg Whitmas was! She can go back and hire herself another illegal, because a billionaire like her shouldn't have to spend any more than she needs to, if she can get away with hiring illegals, and get the approval of the rest of the Republicans who claim to want illegals gone! Illegals won't cease being a problem until scumbags like Whitman quit hiring them!
    I don't live in CA, and frankly, don't care who their governor is. Their state is a mess, and they keep voting into power the individuals that made it that way.

    However, you still haven't answered - Meg paid the maid $23.00 per hour and, according to those directly invovled, all applicable taxes. I guess it's possible they just forgot to ask you for the facts of the case, but I doubt it. So, how did Meg profit from the endeavor of hiring a known illegal? Don't you think Meg would pay her less and probably skip on the whole "paying taxes" thing? Or do you think that meg knowingly hires illegals and pays full salary just for fun?
    Last edited by buck; 10-26-10 at 01:43 AM.

  4. #264
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,352

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I don't live in CA, and frankly, don't care who their governor is. Their state is a mess, and they keep voting into power the individuals that made it that way.

    However, you still haven't answered - Meg paid the maid $23.00 per hour and, according to those directly invovled, all applicable taxes. I guess it's possible they just forgot to ask you for the facts of the case, but I doubt it. So, how did Meg profit from the endeavor of hiring a known illegal? Don't you think Meg would pay her less and probably skip on the whole "paying taxes" thing? Or do you think that meg knowingly hires illegals and pays full salary just for fun?
    Facts are releveant in this type of discussion. California derserves space cadet Brown. How fitting if he wins and they legalizr pot the same day!

  5. #265
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Facts are releveant in this type of discussion. California derserves space cadet Brown. How fitting if he wins and they legalizr pot the same day!

    While what you say is a common sentiment, and is amusing, the fact is that California is the largest population concentration in the US. As Cali goes, so goes the US......Great.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #266
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Pleading ignorance doesn't excuse you from the law. Geez, what have we been talking about. Do you need me to recap the whole conversation, so you can keep up?

    She failed to sign the form. if she was 100% sure that she had a legal, documented employee, she would have signed the freakin form. She didn't sign it, which just makes it even more suspicious that she knew Diaz was illegal.
    If she knew she was illegal then why would she ask for a SSN, driver's license, the word of the employment agency, etc.? Why go through all of that for someone you know is illegal? Your story makes no sense.

    Are you trying to be funny? She claims to be tough on employers that hire illegals, and yet she does it herself. I guess Reps aren't as concerned with illegals working in the US, or is it only when they are working for other than Republicans?
    She did everything that the law requires! If a con artist gets $500 from you and then uses equipment that he purchased with that money to rob a bank, are you an accessory to robbery? Of course not! If you had no way of knowing, then how can you be at fault?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  7. #267
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    If she knew she was illegal then why would she ask for a SSN, driver's license, the word of the employment agency, etc.? Why go through all of that for someone you know is illegal?
    Plausible deniability.

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    She did everything that the law requires! ... If you had no way of knowing, then how can you be at fault?
    As already stated, plausible deniability.

    How about you answer one for me, now? Why don't you explain how Meg Whitman is going to be "tough on employers who hire illegals" given her "But, but, but... that awful illegal lied!" excuse?

    She's sure as hell not explaining it, is she? It's become quite clear that for Ms. Whitman, laws apply only to the little people (do a Google on her son, Griffith Harsh; plenty of questions about her "disappearing" the various charges against him over the years...)

    And that's why she's tanking in the polls. She's a raging hypocrite.

  8. #268
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Plausible deniability.



    As already stated, plausible deniability.

    How about you answer one for me, now? Why don't you explain how Meg Whitman is going to be "tough on employers who hire illegals" given her "But, but, but... that awful illegal lied!" excuse?

    She's sure as hell not explaining it, is she? It's become quite clear that for Ms. Whitman, laws apply only to the little people (do a Google on her son, Griffith Harsh; plenty of questions about her "disappearing" the various charges against him over the years...)

    And that's why she's tanking in the polls. She's a raging hypocrite.

    Sad, sad state of affairs when all demo's have these days are personal smears, and conspiracy theory.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #269
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Plausible deniability.

    As already stated, plausible deniability.
    Lol, sounds like a lot of work to go through when you could just as easily hire someone who is legal and probably pay that person less.

    How about you answer one for me, now? Why don't you explain how Meg Whitman is going to be "tough on employers who hire illegals" given her "But, but, but... that awful illegal lied!" excuse?
    I don't care, I'm not a Meg supporter. I'm just trying to fetter out the truth here about this illegal maid.

    She's sure as hell not explaining it, is she? It's become quite clear that for Ms. Whitman, laws apply only to the little people (do a Google on her son, Griffith Harsh; plenty of questions about her "disappearing" the various charges against him over the years...)
    She is not her son. Furthermore, she did everything that the law required in the situation. What else do you want from her?

    And that's why she's tanking in the polls. She's a raging hypocrite.
    And you're biasing your opinion to the point where you don't even care about the truth.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  10. #270
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Lol, sounds like a lot of work to go through when you could just as easily hire someone who is legal and probably pay that person less.
    Dont you know? Meg likes to hire illegals, pay high wages, pay all taxes and verify identification just so she can have an escape for when/if she gets caught. All the cool CEOs are doing it.
    Last edited by buck; 10-27-10 at 12:27 AM.

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •