Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 334

Thread: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

  1. #241
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Possible. But there have been zero accusations of this, except by you and others on the left.
    There is no way to prove it, but SSA did say they only send that type of letter to someone who has submitted at least 10 SSNs that were assigned to a name other than the one submitted. You do the math.

    Did you really just say Nikki is not a liar? Do you want to correct that, or do you plan on sticking with it? Individual "A" who saw a letter nearly 10 years ago and, allegedly forgot. Individual "B" who indicated she was here legally, provided stolen identity and falsified documents. I think most people would call "B" the bigger liar out of the two.
    We know that Nicky is a liar. She is here illegally - my statement was not worded accurately. I should have said Nicky is not the only liar here. There are no degrees of liars, you are either a liar or you are not. Whitman and her husband are lying. Nicky has commited a crime for being here illegally, Whitman for hiring her.

    I've heard the maid speak - she speaks fine, but with a heavy accent. Which is similar to my neighbor. I wasn't suspicious at all of my neighbor, until you told me I should be. You apparently have this position that all accented individuals are suspicious and should be referred to INS. At least this is what you support when it comes to Meg and her maid.
    As much as Whitman claims that she will get tough on illegals and that those who hire them should be held accountable, I would think she would have taken all the necessary precautions to make sure she didn't hire an illegal. All your suggestions are just excuses for someone that clearly broke the law, but like typical cons, you give them a pass.

    She wasn't being paid under the table. Again, no one is accusing her of this, including the maid or either of the maid's attorneys. That would be a real scandal and would provide evidence to bolster Nikki's claim that Whitman knew of her status.
    I was just pointing out that many employers do that to keep from being found out that they hire illegals. If that were to be the case with Whitman, it will be even harder for Whitman's story to be believed.
    Lastly, the SSA just began sending not match letters to employers in 2004 (per the SSA website). Prior to that, they only sent them to the employees. How did the letter allegedly go out to the employer (whitman) in April 2003, before they were even sending them to employers?
    Well, then I guess Meg Whitman is lying about that also.

    By the end of the day, Whitman's campaign acknowledged it was possible that the couple had received a letter alerting them in 2003 that personal data submitted for the employee didn't match government records.

    Whitman had vehemently denied receiving such a letter from the Social Security Administration in a news conference just minutes before the housekeeper, Nicky Diaz Santillan, unveiled it Thursday at the offices of her attorney, Gloria Allred.


    Mark Lassiter, a spokesman for the Social Security Administration in Washington, D.C., said the agency's practice was to send so-called no-match letters between 2003 and 2006 to employers with 10 or more employees whose Internal Revenue Service records contained discrepancies between names and Social Security numbers.

    Read more: Meg Whitman's campaign surprised by federal letter about their housekeeper - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee



    Overview of Social Security Employer No-Match Letters Process
    From your link:

    SSA began sending no-match letters to workers in 1979 and to employers in 1994.


    I think that illegals should be deported and it should be much harder for illegals to obtain jobs.
    Employers should stop hiring them - and they should face criminal charges if they hire them. The gov has provided a method for them to check them out that would get the employer of the hook if the employee turns out to be illegal. It is free and Whitman should have used it.


    I think children of non-citizens born in this country should not automatically be granted citizenship, just as it is done in every other coutnry.
    That is not a correct statement. Every other country does not deny citizenship to children born of non-citizens. Where do you get your info?

    Countries granting citizenship to people who are born in that nation include American Samoa, Antigua and Barbuda, Brazil, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Canada, Columbia, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, Grenada and Guatemala. Also Honduras, Jamaica, Lesotho, Mexico, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguey, Peru, Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Uruguay and Venezuela.

    Read more: Birthright Citizenship Laws | eHow.co.uk Birthright Citizenship Laws | eHow.co.uk


    But, no. If I suspected someone of being illegal, I wouldn't turn that person in.
    Perhaps that is what many do - the reason we have the problem.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  2. #242
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Umm, she did. She had the word of the employment agency, a social security number, a driver's license, and a signed document saying she was legal. What else should she have done?
    She could have used the program provided by the government that checks out people to see if they are legal. It is called E-Verify. It is free and it gets the employer off the hook if the employee turns out to be illegal. It is for their own protection, if they are serious about not wanting to hire illegals. I guess Whitman didn't want to know, if it is true that she didn't. But, I think Whitman knew all along, played dumb.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  3. #243
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    There is no way to prove it, but SSA did say they only send that type of letter to someone who has submitted at least 10 SSNs that were assigned to a name other than the one submitted. You do the math.
    I was just pointing out that many employers do that to keep from being found out that they hire illegals. If that were to be the case with Whitman, it will be even harder for Whitman's story to be believed.
    Oh, I get it now. You’re just throwing out wild speculations. It seems like that’s all you have, no? You’re basically saying “Some employers pay their maids under the table and don’t pay taxes. Even though some small evidence that Meg didn’t engage in this and zero evidence that she did, she still might have”. Very logical indeed.

    It sounds like that could be kind of fun. Here let me try it out: “Many people that think Meg is guilty, pay for their addictions by being whores (thank you Jerry Brown). You think Meg is guilty, so you do the math.”

    As much as Whitman claims that she will get tough on illegals and that those who hire them should be held accountable, I would think she would have taken all the necessary precautions to make sure she didn't hire an illegal. All your suggestions are just excuses for someone that clearly broke the law, but like typical cons, you give them a pass.
    She did. She used an agency to hire the individual and confirm the legality of the maid. They obtained an I9, social security card, and a driver’s license. They actually followed all of the requirements of the law. Meg paid her a more than fair salary and paid taxes as per the maid’s two attorneys. Why would Meg do these two things if she had knowingly hired an illegal immigrant?

    SSA began sending no-match letters to workers in 1979 and to employers in 1994.
    Yes, I apologize. I typed the response quickly in between searching for information on a new engine for my “for fun car”. Misread that entirely.

    That is not a correct statement. Every other country does not deny citizenship to children born of non-citizens. Where do you get your info?
    Again, fast reply is my excuse. I try not to make blanket statements and will normally couch them in “almost all”. This time I screwed it up. So, allow me to restate. Almost all countries do not allow citizenship to children of non-citizens born in their country. I think this is good policy and we should follow them. The time when birth-right citizenship was a necessary policy, has long passed.
    Last edited by buck; 10-15-10 at 11:23 AM.

  4. #244
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    His posts don't show any dislike for Nicky. How would she receive tax refunds - the SSA claimed that her SSN was registered to someone else. If she paid taxes, the other person must have gotten credited with them. We really don't know that Whitman paid any taxes, all the righties can do on this thread is assume that she did because the IRS isn't coming after her. That is rich!
    Seems like a pretty solid argument to me.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  5. #245
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Wasn't loyal - how do you figure that. 9 years working for someone that is cheating you?

    Meg Whitman is a farce. She claims one thing, does another. She's all talk and no action. Like the rest of the cons, she talks tough on illegals and then goes and hires them behind everyone's back.
    How was Nicky the liar cheated?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  6. #246
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Whitman kept saying she wanted those who hire illegals to be held accountable - I guess she didn't mean herself.
    She did everything to check before Nicky was hired, she can't use the social security notice as a basis to suspect that she is illegal, and she fired her when she found out! What was she supposed to do differently?!

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  7. #247
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    She could have used the program provided by the government that checks out people to see if they are legal. It is called E-Verify. It is free and it gets the employer off the hook if the employee turns out to be illegal. It is for their own protection, if they are serious about not wanting to hire illegals. I guess Whitman didn't want to know, if it is true that she didn't. But, I think Whitman knew all along, played dumb.
    Why should she have to if she already has the word of the employment agency, a driver's license, a social security number, and a signed document?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  8. #248
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    04-04-17 @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    121

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Why should she have to if she already has the word of the employment agency, a driver's license, a social security number, and a signed document?
    SSShhh, he thinks he's on a roll. Let him think that his train of thought is logical. Besides, most of the people arguing that Meg Whitman was at fault keep forgetting that Whitman hired Nicky Diaz through an employment agency and received proper documentation. So unless you want every employer to start running those expensive background checks on all their employers, no one would hire in a long time.
    We the People of the United States,... provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare....
    Where did it ever say, promote for the common defence, and provide the general Welfare..... Please don't mix up the two....

  9. #249
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Oh, I get it now. You’re just throwing out wild speculations.
    I wasn't talking about Whitman when I said that. That you have problems comprehending what you read is not my problem. But, are you trying to say that everything you claim is the absolute facts? You know exactly what Whitman was thinking and what she said, because you have a mind reader and a tape recorder of everything she has said?

    It seems like that’s all you have, no? You’re basically saying “Some employers pay their maids under the table and don’t pay taxes. Even though some small evidence that Meg didn’t engage in this and zero evidence that she did, she still might have”. Very logical indeed.
    The IRS hasn't confirmed anything. What is being said outside of court is irrelevant. You don't know what Whitman has done or hasn't done, just because you don't want her to be guilty doesn't mean she isn't.
    Whitman's husband in essence is calling Whitman a liar - so if she lied about one thing, what makes you think she didn't lie about other things? And, Whitman didn't sign the I-9, failing to admit that she knew Diaz was authorized to work in the US.
    So much for your evidence!

    Update (MM): Whitman’s husband responds — and contradicts his wife’s plain defense that they never received the letter — by admitting that why yes, the handwriting on the letter could be his, but it’s the maid’s fault for not following up.
    Michelle Malkin » Whitman’s illegal alien maid-gate update

    And, I guess you are going to offer up some lame excuse as to why Whitman might not have signed the I-9 form like she was supposed to?

    According to the I-9 form, Diaz-Santillan presented her California driver's license and Social Security number to the employer for review (Section 2 of the I-9 form, List A and B).
    The employer did not sign the I-9 form made available to the public. The employer, therefore, failed to certify, under penalty of perjury, that to the best of her knowledge that Diaz-Santillan was authorized to work in the United States. If the employer did not sign the form, that is a violation of law.

    Whitman's Illegal-Immigrant Maid

    It sounds like that could be kind of fun. Here let me try it out: “Many people that think Meg is guilty, pay for their addictions by being whores (thank you Jerry Brown). You think Meg is guilty, so you do the math.”
    Are you calling me a whore? Why don't you man up and come out and say it instead of playing your stupid games? Yes, I think Meg is guilty, so why does that make me a whore? Why are you resorting to insults? Is it because you realize you don't have much to go with other than your gut feeling for another conservative? A lame debater usually resorts to insults, I'm sorry that you have so little that you have to do that.


    She did. She used an agency to hire the individual and confirm the legality of the maid. They obtained an I9, social security card, and a driver’s license. They actually followed all of the requirements of the law. Meg paid her a more than fair salary and paid taxes as per the maid’s two attorneys. Why would Meg do these two things if she had knowingly hired an illegal immigrant?
    Because it was cheaper than hiring an American to do the work, and the American would not take her abuse and not do as good a job. She's not the only one that has done it, why do they all do it?

    Yes, I apologize. I typed the response quickly in between searching for information on a new engine for my “for fun car”. Misread that entirely.
    Oh, but the rest of your information is accurate?

    Again, fast reply is my excuse. I try not to make blanket statements and will normally couch them in “almost all”. This time I screwed it up. So, allow me to restate. Almost all countries do not allow citizenship to children of non-citizens born in their country. I think this is good policy and we should follow them. The time when birth-right citizenship was a necessary policy, has long passed.
    It doesn't matter what other countries do or don't do. Most conservatives claim to be supporters of the Constitution, but all of a sudden they seem to want to change it.
    It also doesn't matter what you think is a good policy or not. It will take an Amendment to change the 14th Amendment, and I don't think those of us that are happy with the way the Constitution reads "all persons born in the United States" are going to roll over and let those who are so afraid that they will lose control, dictate what it should be.
    Last edited by mertex; 10-23-10 at 03:59 AM. Reason: add link:



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  10. #250
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    According to the I-9 form, Diaz-Santillan presented her California driver's license and Social Security number to the employer for review (Section 2 of the I-9 form, List A and B).
    The employer did not sign the I-9 form made available to the public. The employer, therefore, failed to certify, under penalty of perjury, that to the best of her knowledge that Diaz-Santillan was authorized to work in the United States. If the employer did not sign the form, that is a violation of law.

    Whitman's Illegal-Immigrant Maid
    Funny how you ignore the rest of the article.

    Documents released by Republican California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman reveal that her former maid, Nicandra (Nicky) Diaz Santillan, made liberal use of fraudulent documents in order to obtain employment.
    There is no indication that the Social Security Administration followed up or required any corrective action to be taken even though the maid was using a Social Security number that belonged to someone else. Likewise, the Internal Revenue Service continued collecting taxes while turning a blind eye to the fact that a felony was being committed.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •