Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 334

Thread: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

  1. #141
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: get out the Nutella. This chick's toast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    I don't give a rat's ass about Whitman (OR what you think).
    So you admit that you were wrong about this whole issue.

    She's managing her campaign like a moron, and her ethics/integrity are crap.
    She's a loser by every definition that actually matters.
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #142
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: get out the Nutella. This chick's toast.

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So you admit that you were wrong about this whole issue.
    Not at all (but your attempts to put words in others mouths will surely serve you well in your chosen profession).

    In fact, I'm 100% correct: She's managing her campaign like a moron, and her ethics/integrity are crap. She's a loser by every definition that actually matters.

  3. #143
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: get out the Nutella. This chick's toast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Not at all (but your attempts to put words in others mouths will surely serve you well in your chosen profession).
    Imagine this scenario:

    You go to a lecture by a lawyer who talks about civil liberties. He says that if the police stop you for speeding or some other offense, you may have the right to prevent them from searching your car. He then says that you should always speak with a lawyer to find out if you have a case.

    Imagine you get pulled over by a cop for speeding and the officer suspects that you're impaired. He looks in your car and sees a bottle. He asks you to step out and does a field sobriety test, which you fail. He then searches your car.

    You're angry about this, and want to argue that your civil rights were violated. Based on what that first lawyer said, you think you might have a case. You go to an expert criminal defense lawyer, tell him what happened in your scenario, and ask if you have a case.

    He says that you absolutely don't, because once the officer suspected that you were intoxicated and saw the bottle, he could ask you to step out. Once you failed the sobriety test, he could search your car.

    Now, if I asked you whether or not you had a case against the police, what would you say? Would you say that you have a case because the first lawyer said that in situations like yours, you might? Or would you say that you don't, because you consulted with an expert about your particular case who said that you don't?

    Do you see why it's completely ridiculous to argue that Whitman broke the law here based on that one general statement, when experts looking at this actual case said she didn't?

    In fact, I'm 100% correct: She's managing her campaign like a moron, and her ethics/integrity are crap. She's a loser by every definition that actually matters.
    And like I said, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #144
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: get out the Nutella. This chick's toast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Not at all (but your attempts to put words in others mouths will surely serve you well in your chosen profession).

    In fact, I'm 100% correct: She's managing her campaign like a moron, and her ethics/integrity are crap. She's a loser by every definition that actually matters.
    Why, exactly, are the three bolded statements the case, in your opinion?

    I haven’t seen anything that would lead me to those conclusions…
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #145
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: get out the Nutella. This chick's toast.

    The maid seems to have been manipulated by her political opponents.So are they suggesting everyone should make the assumption their mexican employee is an illegal immigrant? Im pretty sure she could have been burned the opposite way round if she had insisted a non illegal maid had been vetted really hard .People would say things like "she assumes all mexicans are illegal immigrants".
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  6. #146
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: get out the Nutella. This chick's toast.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    The maid seems to have been manipulated by her political opponents.So are they suggesting everyone should make the assumption their mexican employee is an illegal immigrant? Im pretty sure she could have been burned the opposite way round if she had insisted a non illegal maid had been vetted really hard .People would say things like "she assumes all mexicans are illegal immigrants".
    This really is a no-win for Whitman. She had a driver's license, social security number, the word of the agency, a signed form, etc. They had no reason to believe it, the social security form could have easily been just a mistake when it was written down (probably what the husband believed), so what could she have done? This is a non-story.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  7. #147
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: get out the Nutella. This chick's toast.

    why did meg pay soc sec for 9 years?

  8. #148
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: get out the Nutella. This chick's toast.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    why did meg pay soc sec for 9 years?
    To get all the benefits of hiring an illegal, obviously.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #149
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    What's damning? This is damning.


    This to a woman who worked in her home for nine years and had the temerity to ask for help.

    **** you, Meg Whitman!
    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    The woman who's suing Whitman at the behest of Gloria Allred claims that she said that. Given that those two have lied about everything else up until now, you'd have to be exceedingly gullible to take what they say at face value. …
    Turns out Nicandra Diaz Santillan has more credibility than Meg Whitman on the matter.


    But, again, I draw people's attention to the nature of this candidate for public office, Meg Whitman, who when confronted with an unhappy circumstance, a trusted employee, a woman who has been working in her home for over nine years, asks for help; Meg Whitman fires her — over the phone, Meg Whitman fires her — nine years of loyal service and Meg Whitman fires her and tells her that she is never to contact her again.

    That's the candidate who is asking for your vote; that's the bitch who wants to be governor of our state.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  10. #150
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Turns out Nicandra Diaz Santillan has more credibility than Meg Whitman on the matter.
    Because you say so?

    But, again, I draw people's attention to the nature of this candidate for public office, Meg Whitman, who when confronted with an unhappy circumstance, a trusted employee, a woman who has been working in her home for over nine years, asks for help; Meg Whitman fires her — over the phone, Meg Whitman fires her — nine years of loyal service and Meg Whitman fires her and tells her that she is never to contact her again.
    And like I said before, "the woman who's suing Whitman at the behest of Gloria Allred claims that she said that. Given that those two have lied about everything else up until now, you'd have to be exceedingly gullible to take what they say at face value."

    ...

    That's the candidate who is asking for your vote; that's the bitch who wants to be governor of our state.
    That's some pretty egregious anti-feminist language you're using there.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •