Page 92 of 129 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1288

Thread: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

  1. #911
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    You think being poor is comfortable.
    Those are both relative terms, but in this case, yeah. I think so. If you set out free food, someone will always eat it. Feeding people who can feed themselves is not conducive to a successful society.

  2. #912
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    I was being honest
    I know you were and that is what made it funny. With all the problems we have in this country those issues seem quite small but to each their own. Myself I look at the economic results, jobs, and record deficits as enough to claim that Bush did a better job. Remember the recession ended in June 2009 and here we are in 2010 with unemployment higher each month than it was each month of 2009. Doubt many of those people care about the runway issue, credit cards, and that gift card thing.

  3. #913
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,566

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Who doesnt like goose-stepping marches.
    Ducks?????



  4. #914
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I know you were and that is what made it funny. With all the problems we have in this country those issues seem quite small but to each their own. Myself I look at the economic results, jobs, and record deficits as enough to claim that Bush did a better job. Remember the recession ended in June 2009 and here we are in 2010 with unemployment higher each month than it was each month of 2009. Doubt many of those people care about the runway issue, credit cards, and that gift card thing.
    Im not a President Obama supporter. I do have to wonder how you can defend President Bush and attack President Obama on any economic plan.

    I know you will not agree but the country was in economic decline when President Obama took office. The stock market went from 14,164 to 6,547 in just a few months. Thats 46% of what it was worth. The housing market crashed and is still a mess. Auto Manufacturing companys were on the brink of going out of business after being around for decades. In fact almost every industry in the United States is still shaking after what is being reffered to as the Great Recession.

    Yet you can claim that non of this matters. That the whole issue with the economy is all President Obamas fault. Did you watch TV in 2008. Dont you remember all of the crisis this doom that. It just makes no sense. Every time you complain about the economy President Bush owns part of it.

  5. #915
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    I do have to wonder how you can defend President Bush and attack President Obama on any economic plan.
    It's a phenomenon called cognitive dissonance.

  6. #916
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,291

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    It's a phenomenon called cognitive dissonance.



    Irony coming from a "left" libertarian... no?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #917
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Irony coming from a "left" libertarian... no?
    So you are a Libertarian who approves of both President Bush and President Obama?

  8. #918
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    =ender1;1059064155]Im not a President Obama supporter. I do have to wonder how you can defend President Bush and attack President Obama on any economic plan.
    You have to ask why and you claim to be a libertarian? I am not sure you know what it means to be a Libertarian. This far left President is the exact opposite of a Libertarian and there is nothing in his major economic agenda that I support. The question is why do you? You like having 3 trillion added t0 the debt in 2 years, an additional 4 million unemployed, and meagar economic growth?

    I know you will not agree but the country was in economic decline when President Obama took office. The stock market went from 14,164 to 6,547 in just a few months. Thats 46% of what it was worth. The housing market crashed and is still a mess. Auto Manufacturing companys were on the brink of going out of business after being around for decades. In fact almost every industry in the United States is still shaking after what is being reffered to as the Great Recession.
    We were in an financial crisis when Obama took office and Obama was part of creating the problem unless of course you don't think Congress plays any role in economic policy. They controlled the legislative process and the purse strings. It was CRA passed by Carter and then changed under Clinton that led to the sub prime mortgage crisis. Interesting how facts get in the way of personal opinions and that brainwashing from the media. I posted the economic results of GW Bush that came from the non partisan Bureau of Economic Analysis and Bureau of Labor Statistics. Interesting how no one wants to address those actual results but instead stick to talking points.

    Yet you can claim that non of this matters. That the whole issue with the economy is all President Obamas fault. Did you watch TV in 2008. Dont you remember all of the crisis this doom that. It just makes no sense. Every time you complain about the economy President Bush owns part of it.
    No where did I say that Bush didn't have some responsibility as did the Congress of which Obama was part. His economic policy has made things worse and that is why his approval rating hit a record low today. He won the election with 52% of the vote, today his approval ratings are in the low 40's and in some upper 30's. That means he lost 10-14% of those that supported him. Why? You can only blame Bush so long until the people wake up and ask what have you done to make things better. You wanted the job, you campaigned for years to get the job and yet you still blame Bush.

    Name for me one President, just one, that had job losses over a year after a recession ended? Name for me one President that had trillion dollar deficits? Obama is in way over his head and the results show it.

  9. #919
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    It's a phenomenon called cognitive dissonance.
    Have you bothered to check out the actual economic results from non partisan sites like the Bureau of Economic Analysis and Bureau of Labor Statistics to see if what you are told by the media and Obama is accurate? Did you know that Bush had an economy that had 52 straight months of economic growth and job creation? Did you know that Bush had economic growth of 4.5 trillion dollars in 8 years, the highest GDP dollar growth in history? Get the facts before spouting rhetoric.

  10. #920
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You have to ask why and you claim to be a libertarian? I am not sure you know what it means to be a Libertarian. This far left President is the exact opposite of a Libertarian and there is nothing in his major economic agenda that I support. The question is why do you? You like having 3 trillion added t0 the debt in 2 years, an additional 4 million unemployed, and meagar economic growth?.
    Did you actually read my post. You even copied it. I dont approve of President Obamas Economic policy. Any more than I approved of Predent Bushs economic policy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We were in an financial crisis when Obama took office and Obama was part of creating the problem unless of course you don't think Congress plays any role in economic policy. They controlled the legislative process and the purse strings. It was CRA passed by Carter and then changed under Clinton that led to the sub prime mortgage crisis. Interesting how facts get in the way of personal opinions and that brainwashing from the media. I posted the economic results of GW Bush that came from the non partisan Bureau of Economic Analysis and Bureau of Labor Statistics. Interesting how no one wants to address those actual results but instead stick to talking points.?.
    I have consulted with Freddie. While they were a mess it was the early 2000's that they got REALLY gready. Why to you continue to attack me. Again, you want to tell "Yo mama" jokes next.


    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No where did I say that Bush didn't have some responsibility as did the Congress of which Obama was part. His economic policy has made things worse and that is why his approval rating hit a record low today. He won the election with 52% of the vote, today his approval ratings are in the low 40's and in some upper 30's. That means he lost 10-14% of those that supported him. Why? You can only blame Bush so long until the people wake up and ask what have you done to make things better. You wanted the job, you campaigned for years to get the job and yet you still blame Bush.

    Name for me one President, just one, that had job losses over a year after a recession ended? Name for me one President that had trillion dollar deficits? Obama is in way over his head and the results show it.
    And what president had the lowest approval rating in history?

Page 92 of 129 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •