Page 81 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1288

Thread: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

  1. #801
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No corporation takes your money by force. None.

    The government, however . . .
    Shows how little you know. When they are able to pay taxes at a lower rate, that sure isn't giving me money! They are benefitting from our government, and I am paying a higher rate to support their benefits.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  2. #802
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,671

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you cite this as fact, counsel. then establish this fact. show us that he does not do well


    what is your evidence to establish that he does not prosper

    and being unable to provide proof of your "facts", you might do well to ponder this excerpt from the distionary.com definition of projection:
    he? who are you talking about--SHE has been whining about corporate America constantly

    your rants about me are funny as they are inaccurate

    edify me as to your education so I may determine if you have the ability to actually apply some definition you googled to me

    I doubt it



  3. #803
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,671

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Shows how little you know. When they are able to pay taxes at a lower rate, that sure isn't giving me money! They are benefitting from our government, and I am paying a higher rate to support their benefits.
    you don't. Unless you are making over 117K a year you are getting more in government benefits than you pay in taxes. Net tax payers are those who are carrying the load for everyone else.



  4. #804
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,671

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Put some facts out to back up your nonsense.

    Twenty years later, the capital gains tax breaks are back with a vengeance-- the top tax rate on capital gains is 15 percent, less than half the 35 percent top rate on regular income-- and Berkshire Hathaway chairman Warren Buffett is ringing the same bell:
    Last year, Buffett said, he was taxed at 17.7 percent on his taxable income of more than $46 million. His receptionist was taxed at about 30 percent.
    By most accounts, the driving factor behind his super-low tax rate is that virtually all of his income comes in the form of capital gains.

    Talking Taxes: Buffett: The Rich Pay Too Little



    What you mean is "he would pay the same" - what you fail to acknowledge is that most wealthy people don't. Not if their earnings mostly come from capital gains.


    The government plays an important part in helping him make his riches. Sure, he probably doesn't have to use Medicare, but you're fixed on the social programs alone. I already listed all the benefits people like Buffett derive from our form of government, that you want to deny it just shows thickheadness and unwillingness to give up the nonsense that rich people hoarding more of their money helps you and me and the country. It has been proven wrong.

    They still enjoyed their tax cuts in 2008 and 2009, so where are the jobs that allowing them a lower tax rate brings? Where are the businesses that are supposed to be stirred by their tax cuts. If it wasn't for Obama's recent bill to help small businesses get loans, they wouldn't be able to because banks weren't lending, the rich people are hoarding their money, the only thing they are stimulating is their own bank accounts.
    so you think capital gains should be taxed the same as wage income

    that demonstrates a frightening lack of understanding about economics and would drive even more capital out of this country

    only a real moron could argue that Buffett is a net tax consumer or that he doesn't get near what he pays in taxes in terms of services.

    He also structured his compensation to minimize taxes and then he whines about it

    DO you know what his SALARY (which he sets) is? Less than a first year wall street lawyer's or a MBA hire at Goldman-Sachs



  5. #805
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,568

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Shows how little you know. When they are able to pay taxes at a lower rate, that sure isn't giving me money! They are benefitting from our government, and I am paying a higher rate to support their benefits.
    No one said they were giving you money. If you're paying higher taxes, take it up with the government. They're the ones who help themselves to it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #806
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    Mertex, seriously? I hope you understand that people get what they work for and some do not.
    First of all, your statement doesn't even make sense. What is your point?

    But still who said anything about life being fair?
    So you accept whatever comes your way with an attitude of "that's life?" Interesting.

    What people deserve is the chance and people in the states do have that chance.
    I'm sorry, I don't really understand your babble.

    I just see a lot of people in this thread who are complaining about not being rich so they get angry for the rich being rich.
    I think you have a problem with comprehension. I've not read any post from someone complaining about not being rich. Perhaps you would like to point it out to me.

    You gotta hustle if you want money. Or get a degree that does not have tens of thousands of people studying like something in Eng.
    Thanks for the enlightening information. Now, why don't you take your own advise and go and do that, I don't have time to play right now.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  7. #807
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No one said they were giving you money. If you're paying higher taxes, take it up with the government. They're the ones who help themselves to it.
    No, you said they were not taking money from me. I didn't say I was paying higher taxes, do you always make stuff up?

    Have you tried the Chat threads, you might find those more enjoyable.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  8. #808
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Then please give another solution. The poor dont have any, the middle class is going broke. I want lower taxes for everyone and a government that lets its adult citizens to be free to choose the life they want. But how do we pay back the 13 plus trillion in debt we have.
    Cut back on spending. Cut way back. Cut back on taxes as well. Pay off the debt little by little, but don't sacrifice growth in order to pay it off.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #809
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Oy vey.


    1. This country doesn't exactly have low taxes for those the wealthy. Today 250,000 a year qualifies you as "millionaires and billionaires".

    2. Yes, people fought and died so we could be free people. Not to be manhandled by a foreign government and especially by our very own government.

    3. Give back? The wealthy pay the brunt of the tax burden. They are overtaxed. The also give to charity. They give far more than they should. In the process government is killing the geese that lay the golden eggs; Jobs.


    a. You want them to leave? Some have and more will when government oversteps, and tramples the private sector. Today you don't have to "take it", you can pack up your fortune and leave. The beauty of modern mobility.

    b. Spit on you? Seems you feel they owe you something? What is it that you want the government to steal from private individuals to pass on to you?

    c. Cowards and crybabies... perhaps when you're old enough to run a business... you'll understand.

    Sad stuff... class envy just oozes out of ender's post.

    .
    Do not make assumptions. I am a business owner. I own two in fact. Both doing well enough to qulify for me in the top tax bracket you insist is barely enough to scrape by on. What, you assume just because I think your being selfish that I'm poor or middle class. There are plenty of wealthy people who have compassion for those with less. Although it seams very few or none here.

    Its good to finally understand that the ultra conservative on this board only see this country as a way to get wealthy. That explains a lot.

    The wealthy pay the brunt of the taxes because we MAKE the brunt of the income. No, we are not over taxed. I also give not only money but over 2000 hrs plus a year for charity. The trickle down theory is bunk.

    I stand by what I said. If the only reason your here is for money then leave. I only wish there was a way to make it illegal for you to come back.

    b. If you live here you should be a patriot and a citizen. Not a gready, selfish angry person.

    c. Please read the first part. I see that your anger is so deep that you cant even think of anyone but yourself. You must be a pretty miserable person.

    Without knowing who your chatting with you should not jump to conclusions. I am heavily involved in the banking and medical field. While not a lawyer my partners are. I listen to how unjust taxes are as people drive expencive cars to expencive houses after expencive meals. After awhile its just hard to listen to. Maybe its new money. Old money seams to be a lot less bitter.

  10. #810
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Cut back on spending. Cut way back. Cut back on taxes as well. Pay off the debt little by little, but don't sacrifice growth in order to pay it off.
    I 100% agree with cutting spending but 13 Trillion is to much to cut taxes at this point.

Page 81 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •