Page 79 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1288

Thread: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

  1. #781
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    No. I do find it offencive that people would leave this country if taxes go up. That the only thing this country has to offer is lower taxes. All I can think of is the people who gave thier lives to protect this country. Patriots who gave the ultimate sacrifice not for personal gain but for freedom. Freedom that gave these people the ability to aquired great wealth. So now that they have to give some back they say "Oh this is unfair I am leaving"

    Good, I want them to leave. They have just spit on me, my family and my country. Good riddance. To me they are cowards and cry babys and we are better off without them.

    what statist nonsense. People have a duty to get looted by greedy politicians?



  2. #782
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Big corporations have gotten rich because of sweetheart deals with the government. There's no point in denying that. Corruption is a disgusting habit in this country.
    some have, some have not

    silly generalization.



  3. #783
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Doesn't prove that the rich use proportionally more of the "general wealth." This is another subject entirely.



    Someone's never heard of anecdotal evidence. Show me the statistics if you want to prove anything.
    the BUffett nonsense has been put to bed

    he pays higher rates of taxes on like income than anyone making less than 250K

    that he structures his income into lower taxed dividend or capital gains means he does pay less than say someone making 600K in salary alone but he still pays the same rate on salary as that other person and more on his salary than his secretary

    he also pays millions in taxes-he sure doesn't use millions in government services



  4. #784
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    some have, some have not

    silly generalization.
    Regulations helps ALL big businesses. Not some, all. Small businesses have a tougher time dealing with regulation than large ones.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  5. #785
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Regulations helps ALL big businesses. Not some, all. Small businesses have a tougher time dealing with regulation than large ones.
    true, just as union wages hurt smaller businesses

    but claiming that big businesses are helped because they are more able to handle red tape is not an argument in favor of government

    BBL



  6. #786
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    true, just as union wages hurt smaller businesses

    but claiming that big businesses are helped because they are more able to handle red tape is not an argument in favor of government

    BBL
    Who's been claiming that?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  7. #787
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    ....Small businesses have a tougher time dealing with regulation than large ones.
    Short-term memory loss?

  8. #788
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    Short-term memory loss?
    What are you talking about?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #789
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Mertex, seriously? I hope you understand that people get what they work for and some do not. But still who said anything about life being fair? What people deserve is the chance and people in the states do have that chance. I just see a lot of people in this thread who are complaining about not being rich so they get angry for the rich being rich. You gotta hustle if you want money. Or get a degree that does not have tens of thousands of people studying like something in Eng.

  10. #790
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Regulations helps ALL big businesses. Not some, all. Small businesses have a tougher time dealing with regulation than large ones.
    It looks like you are claiming that big businesses are helped because they are more able to handle red tape. After reading back through the other posts, I assume you are protesting that you are not arguing in favor of the government.

    Ok, but I think you're wrong to assume that ALL big businesses got that way by getting sweetheart deals from the government.

Page 79 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •