Page 76 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1288

Thread: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

  1. #751
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    More spacificly he wants a consumption tax. Which is silly. He knows its a regressive tax and does not care. He wants to keep more and have those that are just making it pay more. Lumping anyone who is not in the top 1% as lazy.
    you are lying about my position and you are lying about being a libertarian. libertarians have no use for progressive taxes



  2. #752
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we had that before income taxes and the country was quite well

    what comes off as greedy is people saying the rich had a duty to fund them

    I say that those who vote up the taxes on the rich don't pay enough taxes themselves.

    everyone should suffer when taxes are increased

    and you again are a fraudulent libertarian, you are more a communitarian
    We have never had this much debt before. Prior to the 16th our income was enough. Now we owe, I dont want to even know how much, and we need to pay it back. A consumption tax will not fix this. The poor dont have it and the middle class is going broke. The rich are the only ones with any money left. That is because the government has been purchased by corporations and the rich.

    Your statement on everyone suffering:::
    Everyone but the rich seam to be suffering. Thats why everyone is screaming for them to pay more. Over the last hundred years there has never been such a long strech of time with taxes this low for the upper income groups. Its not realistic to keep this up.

    I am a true and loyal libertarian. I want a small responsible government where we dont have to have these conversations. Republicans and Democrats are both to blame for this issue. If we sent representatives to DC without them getting there by being paid for we would be much better off.

  3. #753
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    We have never had this much debt before. Prior to the 16th our income was enough. Now we owe, I dont want to even know how much, and we need to pay it back. A consumption tax will not fix this. The poor dont have it and the middle class is going broke. The rich are the only ones with any money left. That is because the government has been purchased by corporations and the rich.

    Your statement on everyone suffering:::
    Everyone but the rich seam to be suffering. Thats why everyone is screaming for them to pay more. Over the last hundred years there has never been such a long strech of time with taxes this low for the upper income groups. Its not realistic to keep this up.

    I am a true and loyal libertarian. I want a small responsible government where we dont have to have these conversations. Republicans and Democrats are both to blame for this issue. If we sent representatives to DC without them getting there by being paid for we would be much better off.
    why should the rich suffer? taxes are too high on the rich. half the income goes to taxes and they GET NOTHING ADDITIONAL IN DIRECT BENEFITS IN RETURN

    what's wrong with regressive taxes. seriously, all other costs are regressive.

    you don't seem to understand that not making those who use most of the direct services pay enough for them is why those costs expand

    its easier to tell the masses that others will be taxed to pay for their goodies


    the first thing we have to do is start weaning people off of unconstitutional spending

    we did fine without an income tax for years

    the New Deal screwed the pooch



  4. #754
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are lying about my position and you are lying about being a libertarian. libertarians have no use for progressive taxes
    You have stated repeatedly that you want a consumption tax, that the CREAM RISES to the top, and that your sick of paying everyones way. How is that lying.

    I am a Libertarian. The issue is that the Republicans and Democrats have put us in a situation where we have to much for a simple fix. I dont want to tax the rich, I dont want a have a huge government telling me how to live my life. But the bottom line is we are in this mess because in large part people got gready. All of America suffered because of a few who got to selfish and took to much. You know what that did. Take a look at recent SEC laws. Take a look at things like consumer protection rights that are getting ready to swing waaay out of wack.

    I was told once that life often times swings like a pendulum. That when something gets to far out of wack it will swing the other way. It passes neutral and goes the other way. I am involved in medical and financial law on a regular basis. I can tell you that a strom is brewing. I blame big business and greedy people.

  5. #755
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    You have stated repeatedly that you want a consumption tax, that the CREAM RISES to the top, and that your sick of paying everyones way. How is that lying.

    I am a Libertarian. The issue is that the Republicans and Democrats have put us in a situation where we have to much for a simple fix. I dont want to tax the rich, I dont want a have a huge government telling me how to live my life. But the bottom line is we are in this mess because in large part people got gready. All of America suffered because of a few who got to selfish and took to much. You know what that did. Take a look at recent SEC laws. Take a look at things like consumer protection rights that are getting ready to swing waaay out of wack.

    I was told once that life often times swings like a pendulum. That when something gets to far out of wack it will swing the other way. It passes neutral and goes the other way. I am involved in medical and financial law on a regular basis. I can tell you that a strom is brewing. I blame big business and greedy people.
    libertarians support freedom and that includes the right of people to be greedy. the storm will be the wealthy moving away so they cannot be looted and the dependents having less and less money they can vote away.

    jacking up taxes will only mean the party that gains power through handouts will keep it up



  6. #756
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why should the rich suffer? taxes are too high on the rich. half the income goes to taxes and they GET NOTHING ADDITIONAL IN DIRECT BENEFITS IN RETURN

    what's wrong with regressive taxes. seriously, all other costs are regressive.

    you don't seem to understand that not making those who use most of the direct services pay enough for them is why those costs expand

    its easier to tell the masses that others will be taxed to pay for their goodies


    the first thing we have to do is start weaning people off of unconstitutional spending

    we did fine without an income tax for years

    the New Deal screwed the pooch
    Everyone one is suffering, why should the rich not suffer with everyone else. Taxes are not to high on the rich. They are in fact at the lowest level in 100 years. Nobody pays half of their income. The highest tax bracket is 35%.

    The regressive tax issue. Please think about this. If a family is spending 80% or more on food, shelter and simple stuff to live how do you expect them to go from 10-15 taxes to paying the 20% you propose. How do THEY ever have a chance to make it?

    I disagree with the expanding market look at what AVT has done in europe. Most economists agree that AVT is a major reason for the european economic recession.

    100% agree with cutting spending

    "we did fine without an income tax for years" Yes but we did not owe 13 plus TRILLION

    The pooch has had many litters.

  7. #757
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    libertarians support freedom and that includes the right of people to be greedy. the storm will be the wealthy moving away so they cannot be looted and the dependents having less and less money they can vote away.

    jacking up taxes will only mean the party that gains power through handouts will keep it up
    As far as Im concerned you should be able to get stupid filthy rich. We all should. Thats my issue. Its a lie. The government has made big corps and a small group very very rich. Not everyone was given the chance to play and thats the issue. If thats not you then you are paying for thier mistake. Taxes will go up and the rich will pay more. Give it 5 years and I can see the top tax bracket up to or over 40%.

  8. #758
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Everyone one is suffering, why should the rich not suffer with everyone else. Taxes are not to high on the rich. They are in fact at the lowest level in 100 years. Nobody pays half of their income. The highest tax bracket is 35%.

    The regressive tax issue. Please think about this. If a family is spending 80% or more on food, shelter and simple stuff to live how do you expect them to go from 10-15 taxes to paying the 20% you propose. How do THEY ever have a chance to make it?

    I disagree with the expanding market look at what AVT has done in europe. Most economists agree that AVT is a major reason for the european economic recession.

    100% agree with cutting spending

    "we did fine without an income tax for years" Yes but we did not owe 13 plus TRILLION

    The pooch has had many litters.
    people should pay the same rate. you are not in a position to say if taxes are not too high on the rich

    you are liar, I pay over half of my income in taxes when you count sales taxes, property taxes, gasoline taxes income taxes, state income taxes, and all the taxes that are built into stuff I buy. Plus I expect a massive estate tax when I die despite careful estate planning

    but I am happy to have a flat tax instead, anything to prevent the panderers from buying votes by promising the parasite class and others that they will get what they want at others' expense.

    we owe 13 million because politicians pander to the majority and FDR's judges raped the tenth amendment



  9. #759
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    As far as Im concerned you should be able to get stupid filthy rich. We all should. Thats my issue. Its a lie. The government has made big corps and a small group very very rich. Not everyone was given the chance to play and thats the issue. If thats not you then you are paying for thier mistake. Taxes will go up and the rich will pay more. Give it 5 years and I can see the top tax bracket up to or over 40%.
    and more and more will leave the USA leaving the sucklers of the public teat starving



  10. #760
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,838
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Moderator's Warning:
    Census finds record gap between rich and poorFolks, let's keep things civil and stick to the topic. The topic is not "you're a liar", "no you are".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •