Page 64 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 1288

Thread: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

  1. #631
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    cutting down the government is always a goal. a tax system that captures lots of illegal income and cuts down on government control on people is a great idea.
    What about the black market.

    <hushed tones> hey turtle man. . .you want some tax free Captain Crunch <end of hushed tones>

  2. #632
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    I will have to look but President Obama had something like 20yrs of practicing law. Most of it in public service. I think thats how he met his wife.

    President Clinton served 35years. Again Its going off of memory but I am almost certain it was over 30 years.
    good luck with that. being a community organizer is not practicing law, being a politician is not practicing law. being a lecturer at a law school is not practicing law. The guy went to law school at 25 or so and is under 50-do the math



  3. #633
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    What about the black market.

    <hushed tones> hey turtle man. . .you want some tax free Captain Crunch <end of hushed tones>
    yeah that is a problem-just as it is now. but its alot harder for a mercedes dealer to hide a bunch of sales then it is for a drug dealer to hide his drug income.



  4. #634
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I've run a photography business where at times clients were tax exempt and others weren't. I see many problems with your proposal and many rules for business to abide by. And for business' that do
    business
    across state lines it can get even more complicated.
    how is a federal sales tax going ot be an interstate issue

    and I am waiting for you to admit (and save some credibility) that a sales tax is going to mean less government than the current system

    it also castrates congressional power. congress gets a tremendous amount of power by telling the poor that if they vote for say the dems, they will get more handouts that only the top 2% will have to pay for with increased taxes.

    if the dems want to raise taxes with a NST or consumption tax they are going to piss everyone who buys stuff off. lot tougher than the current system where the obamunists promised the majority more goodies and health care paid for by a minority only



  5. #635
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah that is a problem-just as it is now. but its alot harder for a mercedes dealer to hide a bunch of sales then it is for a drug dealer to hide his drug income.
    Are you going to tax his illegal drug sales.

  6. #636
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    how is a federal sales tax going ot be an interstate issue

    and I am waiting for you to admit (and save some credibility) that a sales tax is going to mean less government than the current system

    it also castrates congressional power. congress gets a tremendous amount of power by telling the poor that if they vote for say the dems, they will get more handouts that only the top 2% will have to pay for with increased taxes.

    if the dems want to raise taxes with a NST or consumption tax they are going to piss everyone who buys stuff off. lot tougher than the current system where the obamunists promised the majority more goodies and health care paid for by a minority only
    Your federal sales tax means more government for business. It is another tax in addition to sales tax for business to keep records on. And yes there are state issues. For example in NJ clothing is tax free. That is how the state wants it is it a violation of states rights to impose a consumption tax in Jersey on clothes?

  7. #637
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Are you going to tax his illegal drug sales.
    you cannot using either system-but when he buys a car under the current system with the proceeds from selling 5 kilos of coke, the federal government gets no taxes. under my system there is a far better chance the feds will get taxes.



  8. #638
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Your federal sales tax means more government for business. It is another tax in addition to sales tax for business to keep records on. And yes there are state issues. For example in NJ clothing is tax free. That is how the state wants it is it a violation of states rights to impose a consumption tax in Jersey on clothes?
    wrong-ever heard of the Robbinson PIttman Act? not a state right issue. different sovereigns

    try again-this is one of the areas I have some professional expertise in.



  9. #639
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you cannot using either system-but when he buys a car under the current system with the proceeds from selling 5 kilos of coke, the federal government gets no taxes. under my system there is a far better chance the feds will get taxes.
    No, they guy who buys the coke paid income taxes so the money spent on the coke has already been taxed.

  10. #640
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wrong-ever heard of the Robbinson PIttman Act? not a state right issue. different sovereigns

    try again-this is one of the areas I have some professional expertise in.

    You just said you had a retail sports store what gives?

    So if you want to enact the R P act businesses doing business in state "x" that doesn't tax widget "a" now have to keep records on widget "a" for that state. And it can get more complicated from their. In the mean time I'm fairly confident that the states will fight this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •