Page 62 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1288

Thread: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

  1. #611
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    1) thanks

    2) yes, its awful that two presidents who went to the two finest law schools in the country are no longer allowed to practice law

    3) bs-complete Bs and more BS

    4) your last comment makes no sense.lots of congress reps pander to the poor and claim to represent their interests.
    1) well deserved

    2) Boo.. how about this. How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?

    3) Part 2 of my statement if fact. Its a regresive tax. Part 1 is also a fact. When you put the tax burden on purchasing goods and services you slow down the economy.

    4) Sure it does. Name one congress person who makes $20k or less. If you cant then 0% of those making legislation represent the poor.

  2. #612
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    would you vote for some guy who can only merit minimum wage? I sure wouldn't
    Fair point. I do beleive there are plenty of people who are not RICH who would do very well in congress. Much better than what we have today.

  3. #613
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Fair point. I do beleive there are plenty of people who are not RICH who would do very well in congress. Much better than what we have today.
    That's not saying much.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  4. #614
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,799

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    1) well deserved

    2) Boo.. how about this. How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?

    3) Part 2 of my statement if fact. Its a regresive tax. Part 1 is also a fact. When you put the tax burden on purchasing goods and services you slow down the economy.

    4) Sure it does. Name one congress person who makes $20k or less. If you cant then 0% of those making legislation represent the poor.
    2) actually most attorneys I have met tend to be truthful. why-because the penalty for lying is too high and its too easy for someone to prove a lie. now do some lawyers know that their clients lie under oath =absolutely, that I see a fair amount of time. which is essentially the same as lying themselves. but its hard to prove.

    3) I don't have problems with some regressive taxes. I absolutely oppose a progressive tax. prices for goods or services are regressive. It makes people want to work harder and smarter so they have more money.

    4) more complete crap. I have a congressman that is Catholic. I am agnostic. But he votes for lower taxes, more gun rights etc. Therefore he represents my interests. I voted for Bush, he represented my interests on taxes and gun rights. Libs scream that their legislation and polices are for the poor--while I disagree--I believe handouts actually hurt the poor and benefit the fat cats who addict them--your claim of representation is moronic.

    4-Continued) are you saying that protestants have no one that represents their interests in the USSC? or that a woman cannot represent male votes

    clue to you-its how they vote that represents us, not what they make or what they look like that counts



  5. #615
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,799

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Fair point. I do beleive there are plenty of people who are not RICH who would do very well in congress. Much better than what we have today.
    1) I am sure I could do a better job than most-I am certainly better educated than most and that propably goes for a few dozen on this board as well compared to say lamers like Maxine Waters or BOtox Pelosi. But I have no desire to run. I am not good at kissing ass at a knights of columbus festival or the local PTA. If some asswipe in the media asked me if I had ever smoked reefer in college or gotten some pussy while not married I'd tell the guy to go do something that is physically impossible

    2) You have to have a special tolerance of BS to be a congressman. most people don't have it or would want to. You have to pretend you care about stuff that you do not.



  6. #616
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    2) actually most attorneys I have met tend to be truthful. why-because the penalty for lying is too high and its too easy for someone to prove a lie. now do some lawyers know that their clients lie under oath =absolutely, that I see a fair amount of time. which is essentially the same as lying themselves. but its hard to prove.

    3) I don't have problems with some regressive taxes. I absolutely oppose a progressive tax. prices for goods or services are regressive. It makes people want to work harder and smarter so they have more money.

    4) more complete crap. I have a congressman that is Catholic. I am agnostic. But he votes for lower taxes, more gun rights etc. Therefore he represents my interests. I voted for Bush, he represented my interests on taxes and gun rights. Libs scream that their legislation and polices are for the poor--while I disagree--I believe handouts actually hurt the poor and benefit the fat cats who addict them--your claim of representation is moronic.

    4-Continued) are you saying that protestants have no one that represents their interests in the USSC? or that a woman cannot represent male votes

    clue to you-its how they vote that represents us, not what they make or what they look like that counts
    2) no. Their lips are moving. Your awful at jokes.

    3) no. People dont spend. . . thats the point. Our economy depends upon people spending money. A regressive tax is really not a poor tax anyways. Its a tax on the middle class. The poor have no money. We can not afford another burden on the middle class.

    4) I am simply saying that the poor do not have representation in congress. No less, no more.

  7. #617
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,799

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    2) no. Their lips are moving. Your awful at jokes.

    3) no. People dont spend. . . thats the point. Our economy depends upon people spending money. A regressive tax is really not a poor tax anyways. Its a tax on the middle class. The poor have no money. We can not afford another burden on the middle class.

    4) I am simply saying that the poor do not have representation in congress. No less, no more.
    I want less governmental power--a consumption tax takes power away from the government and captures lots of untaxed income

    you did claim to be a libertarian?



  8. #618
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I want less governmental power--a consumption tax takes power away from the government and captures lots of untaxed income

    you did claim to be a libertarian?

    How do you suggest this consumption tax be collected?

  9. #619
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    1) I am sure I could do a better job than most-I am certainly better educated than most and that propably goes for a few dozen on this board as well compared to say lamers like Maxine Waters or BOtox Pelosi. But I have no desire to run. I am not good at kissing ass at a knights of columbus festival or the local PTA. If some asswipe in the media asked me if I had ever smoked reefer in college or gotten some pussy while not married I'd tell the guy to go do something that is physically impossible

    2) You have to have a special tolerance of BS to be a congressman. most people don't have it or would want to. You have to pretend you care about stuff that you do not.
    1) If being well educated is a major part of your presidential job requirements then both President Clinton and Presiden Obama should be very well qualified. A masters from harvard and a rhodes scholar. . oh my.

    2) Wouldnt it be nice if someone in office actually DID care.

  10. #620
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,799

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    How do you suggest this consumption tax be collected?
    same way state sales tax is collected



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •