Page 48 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1288

Thread: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

  1. #471
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, I know enough to know that if you're drawing all that retirement and your full social security benefit, then you're either lieing about it so you can look cool, or you are defrauding the government, because SS bennies are based on income. Which is it?
    Ask around, ask your friends, ask your parents, ask anybody you know.
    SS bennies are based on income as you say, but past income, not the income you are drawing from other sources after you retire. It is also based on how many years of contributing. It is not illegal to draw SS unless you never paid into it. My younger brother only worked 2 years of his life, you have to work at least 10 to draw a SS pension. HE can't collect SS, and he has only a small VA pension of about $700 a month to live on. Good thing our parents gave him the "house", more like a shack....

    Here is a challenge, call SS and tell them you know about someone drawing SS illegally, and repeat all the wrong things you keep saying here, and they will let you know how wrong you are. I don't need to lie to look cool, but you need to educate yourself so you won't look stupid. What you are saying is that you plan on not applying for SS because you will have a pension from your job, or you will apply for SS because you don't have access to a pension plan. Either way, you won't likely have enough money to retire on....
    Others here have tried to educate you, but you are stubborn to the point of frustration. The "force" of willful ignorance is strong in you, young padawa, so I am giving up on you.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #472
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, I have and 90% of the poor folks I've seen are poor, because of the choices they made in life. Most of that 90% made the choice to be a buncha ****-offs all their lives and/or sit on the porch waiting for the mail man to bring that big payoff.

    I'm not educated. In fact, numerous people on this forume have claimed that I'm stupid as hell--refer to Moot's ast post. One member even went so far as to say that that I'm, "An embarressment to all black people with an IQ above 75", and I seem to have gone out in the world and done fairly good for myself. Now, if someone as dumb as myself can make it, what the **** is everyone else's excuse?


    That's gonna leave a mark ...

  3. #473
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, I have and 90% of the poor folks I've seen are poor, because of the choices they made in life. Most of that 90% made the choice to be a buncha ****-offs all their lives and/or sit on the porch waiting for the mail man to bring that big payoff.

    I'm not educated. In fact, numerous people on this forume have claimed that I'm stupid as hell--refer to Moot's ast post. One member even went so far as to say that that I'm, "An embarressment to all black people with an IQ above 75", and I seem to have gone out in the world and done fairly good for myself. Now, if someone as dumb as myself can make it, what the **** is everyone else's excuse?
    I remember calling my late father up many many years ago and telling him I just got an acceptance letter from a prestigious university and he said good

    but don't ever confuse being well educated with having common sense



  4. #474
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post


    That's gonna leave a mark ...
    yeah the sound of the slap just made it to Ohio



  5. #475
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,512

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Ask around, ask your friends, ask your parents, ask anybody you know.
    SS bennies are based on income as you say, but past income, not the income you are drawing from other sources after you retire. It is also based on how many years of contributing. It is not illegal to draw SS unless you never paid into it. My younger brother only worked 2 years of his life, you have to work at least 10 to draw a SS pension. HE can't collect SS, and he has only a small VA pension of about $700 a month to live on. Good thing our parents gave him the "house", more like a shack....

    Here is a challenge, call SS and tell them you know about someone drawing SS illegally, and repeat all the wrong things you keep saying here, and they will let you know how wrong you are. I don't need to lie to look cool, but you need to educate yourself so you won't look stupid. What you are saying is that you plan on not applying for SS because you will have a pension from your job, or you will apply for SS because you don't have access to a pension plan. Either way, you won't likely have enough money to retire on....
    Others here have tried to educate you, but you are stubborn to the point of frustration. The "force" of willful ignorance is strong in you, young padawa, so I am giving up on you.
    I have asked and everything that I've heard indicates that you're either lieing, or ripping off the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #476
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The main cause of, "poor", is a lack of motivation. Anyone that isn't motivated enough to make it without an education, isn't going to motivated enough to make it with and education, or even put out enough to get and education.
    An education exposes you to more opportunities, more doors are open for you. Are you saying that your job requires little education? Is your job manual labor and dangerous? Want to do that til you are 67 years old?
    College grads make more than tech school grads, who make more than High School grads, who make more than dropouts.
    Not always, but most of the time. The govt says so....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  7. #477
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,512

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I remember calling my late father up many many years ago and telling him I just got an acceptance letter from a prestigious university and he said good

    but don't ever confuse being well educated with having common sense
    Don't get me wrong. There's nothing at all wrong with getting an education. What I am saying, is that it's not a guarantee of anything. At the end of the day, the guys who busted their asses the most and made the best decisions are the ones that will see the most success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #478
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I have asked and everything that I've heard indicates that you're either lieing, or ripping off the government.
    Who did you ask? somebody who knows even less than you? Google will explain it to you, if you know how to search...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #479
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I have asked and everything that I've heard indicates that you're either lieing, or ripping off the government.
    Turn me in, tell them UtahBill on DP is a crook. They can easily find out who I am. There may be a reward in it for you....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  10. #480
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    An education exposes you to more opportunities, more doors are open for you. Are you saying that your job requires little education? Is your job manual labor and dangerous? Want to do that til you are 67 years old?
    College grads make more than tech school grads, who make more than High School grads, who make more than dropouts.
    Not always, but most of the time. The govt says so....
    This is true, which is why I have a masters and a doctorate I also note that some groups sit back and bash education while other groups embrace it. I never met a Jewish or Chinese kid who was ridiculed for making the honor role or called "Uncle Tom" or "acting white" for graduating valedictorian.



Page 48 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •