Page 47 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1288

Thread: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

  1. #461
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Six figure retirement income and you call him a Marxist.
    Please post the link where I called him a marxist. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #462
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    apdst doesn't understand the many ways to accumulate retirement income. He thinks drawing a company retirement (small), AND social security AND navy retirement all at once is illegal. Millions of people are doing it, have been for a long, long time...
    Well, I know enough to know that if you're drawing all that retirement and your full social security benefit, then you're either lieing about it so you can look cool, or you are defrauding the government, because SS bennies are based on income. Which is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #463
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Almost goes without saying, the main cause of "poor" is lack of education, whether it is the fault of the kid, the parents, the schools, whatever.
    There are several ways to succeed, but almost always the best way is thru education.
    Many poor don't see the value of education, many rich just want to pay for their own kids and let the rest remain ignorant.
    We have had so much progress in technology in the last few decades, it is understandable that the education system is lagging in its responsibilities. Hopefully the public will acknowledge that and demand more from govt. Certainly the curriculum needs massaging.
    The main cause of, "poor", is a lack of motivation. Anyone that isn't motivated enough to make it without an education, isn't going to motivated enough to make it with and education, or even put out enough to get and education.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #464
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,182

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The main cause of, "poor", is a lack of motivation. Anyone that isn't motivated enough to make it without an education, isn't going to motivated enough to make it with and education, or even put out enough to get and education.
    Are you speaking for "all the poor" or just yourself?

  5. #465
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The main cause of, "poor", is a lack of motivation. Anyone that isn't motivated enough to make it without an education, isn't going to motivated enough to make it with and education, or even put out enough to get and education.
    The main cause of poor is the fact that this country is making 1% profit increase a year. But the rich folks see 5% more a year. The money has got to be coming from somewhere. How about the only people left....thier employees. By the way, the post I quoted might need an editor or tutor or someone to take a look. A Southern Louisiana Conservative veteran talking about poor people being poor because of a lack of education? You should know about the poor. You've seen them oversees I'm sure. You've seen them in La, I'm sure. Is it really a lack of motivation? All the while, there's a statistic in your face telling you where the money is coming from in regards to the rich making more. It comes from us. But they are entitled to to our money. Because their businesses are doing poorly. And our economy is doing poorly. But they are educated. I guess.
    Last edited by JakeFromWI; 10-04-10 at 08:50 PM.
    and so it goes...

  6. #466
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Are you speaking for "all the poor" or just yourself?
    I'm not poor. What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  7. #467
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,482

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Please post the link where I called him a marxist. Thanks in advance.
    Your quite welcome

    Let me refer you to post #389 where you bolded the following text from UtahBill (Think of it as dues paid for the privilege of living in such a nice country, with real opportunities for anyone willing to do their share of the work on the road to success.) and made the following statement.

    That almost sounds like something that Karl Maex would say.
    Now the wiggling starts eh?
    Last edited by Donc; 10-04-10 at 09:00 PM.
    I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to remain flexible at all times.

    Sen. Everett Dirksen.

  8. #468
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    186,718

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    And I wonder how many dollars more CEO's get than what they need to be paid.
    some CEO's are grossly overpaid. that is a matter for the shareholders and directors to worry about. Not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    This is a thread about gun control. You want to discuss crime control--start a thread in the appropriate sub forum.

  9. #469
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    The main cause of poor is the fact that this country is making 1% profit increase a year. But the rich folks see 5% more a year. The money has got to be coming from somewhere. How about the only people left....thier employees. By the way, the post I quoted might need an editor or tutor or someone to take a look. A Southern Louisiana Conservative veteran talking about poor people being poor because of a lack of education? You should know about the poor. You've seen them oversees I'm sure. You've seen them in La, I'm sure. Is it really a lack of motivation? All the while, there's a statistic in your face telling you where the money is coming from in regards to the rich making more. It comes from us. But they are entitled to to our money. Because their businesses are doing poorly. And our economy is doing poorly. But they are educated. I guess.
    Yes, I have and 90% of the poor folks I've seen are poor, because of the choices they made in life. Most of that 90% made the choice to be a buncha ****-offs all their lives and/or sit on the porch waiting for the mail man to bring that big payoff.

    I'm not educated. In fact, numerous people on this forume have claimed that I'm stupid as hell--refer to Moot's ast post. One member even went so far as to say that that I'm, "An embarressment to all black people with an IQ above 75", and I seem to have gone out in the world and done fairly good for myself. Now, if someone as dumb as myself can make it, what the **** is everyone else's excuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  10. #470
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Your quite welcome

    Let me refer you to post #389 where in you bolded the following text from UtahBill (Think of it as dues paid for the privilege of living in such a nice country, with real opportunities for anyone willing to do their share of the work on the road to success.) and made the following statement.



    Now the wiggling starts eh?
    Ok, glad we got that cleared up. It's proven: I didn't call him a Marxist, only that his comments resembled those made by Karl Marx. Looks like I'm not the only poor lad that is confused. Eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

Page 47 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •