Page 18 of 129 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1288

Thread: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

  1. #171
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    whose money are we all sharing?
    I don't like my money going to pay for George W.'s wars. I guess life isn't fair.

  2. #172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    tell it to watergate wonderboy woodward

  3. #173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Yours of course.
    that's stupid, to get to me you're gonna have to waste every public school teacher in california, if not coast to coast

    i'm too smart

    and i'm loaded

    i don't even need the fat pension i've been promised---it's just more money to give away TO THOSE I CHOOSE TO GIVE IT TO

    sorry, i guess

  4. #174
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    tell it to watergate wonderboy woodward
    Meh. I also don't like my tax money going towards faith based programs and abstinence only education.

    Maybe I'll do a Prof an whine about it instead of recognize that the 16th amendment gives Congress the ability to levy an income tax.

  5. #175
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Meh. I also don't like my tax money going towards faith based programs and abstinence only education.
    as affable, gaffe-able, laughable joe biden said today in manchester---quit whining

    the 16th amendment gives Congress the ability to levy an income tax.
    ok, but why did the party punt?

  6. #176
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Okay, let me put it this way for you.

    My Data: Taxes include all federal, state & local taxes (personal and corporate income, payroll, property, sales, excise,
    estate etc.).

    Your Data: Federal income taxes.

    Get it?

    I guess I wasn't too clear.
    Yes, and since we're talking about raising or not raising federal income taxes, I don't understand why you keep on including things like local property taxes.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #177
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Lets put it this way. If there were 100 peole and $100 to share what would this look like.

    One person would get $23 the other ninty nine would fight over the rest of the $77. The bottom 20 fight over about $3.

    When we have to pay the bills:

    That top guy pays a lot. About 23% or $5. The bottom 20, who only have $3 to start with only pay about seven or eight cents. The top guy is still left with $18. Thats more than six times what the bottom 20 started out with.
    Nothing about this resembles how an economy works, so I'm not sure what relevance it has.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I pretty clearly just acknowledged that they weren't. The point is that your argument is still wrong, as the existence of a free market =/= "stealing sweat equity."
    No, you weren't clear. You said, "Substitute that [sweat equity] for "slavery" in my previous post and every point still stands." And now you're trying to weasle out it by saying they aren't the same. So which is it?
    Last edited by Moot; 09-29-10 at 02:37 AM.

  9. #179
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    No, you weren't clear. You said, "Substitute that [sweat equity] for "slavery" in my previous post and every point still stands." And now you're trying to weasle out it by saying they aren't the same. So which is it?
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

    The things that he was describing are neither slavery nor "stealing sweat equity." My points stand, regardless of which argument he was making.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #180
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Census finds record gap between rich and poor

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    don't hold your breath on TAXING THE RICH, either

    Democrats Look To Punt On Tax Cut Debate [UPDATE]

    91%---LOL!
    Yeah, they're not going to vote on extending the tax cuts for the middle class until after the election. Good, because that is exactly what I hoped they would do. That way the Dems won't need to worry about the election when they vote to extend tax cuts for the middle class and can simply let the tax cuts lapse for the wealthy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •