Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
Results 311 to 312 of 312

Thread: Transgender senior can't be king

  1. #311
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,698

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    It says the term is an informal term for the disorder, specifically a term used for when the disorder is at a certain stage. Just because transsexual is not the diagnostic term for the disorder does not mean it is not a term for the disorder. Your source says explicitly that it is another term for the disorder. You were arguing that transsexualism is not a disorder, but your own source clearly says that it is a disorder. It only clarifies that the technical term is gender identity disorder, which is something I never questioned.
    FIFTH AND LAST TIME. That is not what the source said. I have clarified this over and over. The term is NOT another term for the disorder. It is an incorrect shortcut term that some use. Transsexualism is NOT a disorder. GID is. The sources is clear that after a GID diagnosis is given, and after a sucessful "real life experience" occurs, transsexualism is confirmed. NOT the disorder, but the state of being, like heterosexuality, homosexuality, maleness, femaleness, etc... I advise you to cease misrepresenting this issue. You are wrong about this... as has been shown to you.



    Since you are now giving out empty retorts why don't you just go the full monty and respond with "Said the liar"?
    You have obviously no desire to educate yourself on this issue, so I have no reason to do more exploration. You disagee? Ok.



    This is not about speculation. Ruling out social conditioning as a factor in this case as the researchers did is simply mistaken.
    Social conditioning is not something to be tested for. Unless you show some evidence that, in the research presented, there is some indication that social conditioning WAS a factor, you've got nothing. And since you have presented none of this... you've got nothing.



    "Hypothesis" is a good term for it, because that is the scientific equivalent of a guess. Their research is far from proving their hypothesis.
    Wrong. It certainly demonstrated their hypothesis and until you show some demonstration of the opposite, yours remains unfounded.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #312
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    FIFTH AND LAST TIME. That is not what the source said. I have clarified this over and over. The term is NOT another term for the disorder. It is an incorrect shortcut term that some use. Transsexualism is NOT a disorder. GID is. The sources is clear that after a GID diagnosis is given, and after a sucessful "real life experience" occurs, transsexualism is confirmed. NOT the disorder, but the state of being, like heterosexuality, homosexuality, maleness, femaleness, etc... I advise you to cease misrepresenting this issue. You are wrong about this... as has been shown to you.
    It did not say this was an incorrect term. It said it was an informal term. The source also says transsexualism is on the spectrum of gender identity disorder. You keep saying transsexualism is not a disorder when the source only says it is not a formal term for someone with the disorder. Saying a person who is transsexual has a mental disorder is consistent with what your source says.

    Social conditioning is not something to be tested for. Unless you show some evidence that, in the research presented, there is some indication that social conditioning WAS a factor, you've got nothing. And since you have presented none of this... you've got nothing.
    It is not my responsibility to rule out a possible factor in their research that could affect the results. The researchers are the ones who are responsible for ruling out social conditioning as a factor. They claim it is ruled out by the young age of a subject, but that does not actually rule out social conditioning at all.

    Wrong. It certainly demonstrated their hypothesis and until you show some demonstration of the opposite, yours remains unfounded.
    Like I said, they are putting forward a cause that is most likely just an effect of some other cause and all of this without decisively ruling out another causal factor.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •