Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 312

Thread: Transgender senior can't be king

  1. #281
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    DOL -
    I have looked at somatostatin and I am not seeing what role it could possibly play in gender identity.
    Well, in the defense of CC, (Gawd really am I actually doing this) he is not stating something as fact. The truth is that you're correct, just like I pointed out in the post above yours. There are assumptions, but the assumptions are not without merit, as there are clear corollaries in the dimorphic structure of males and females. How relevant it is, is the main question, and just how sexually necessary the structure is is also a fair question, but the data does suggest a path for research, and on that alone I agree with CC's documentation.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #282
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    As interesting as all that is...it has little bearing on this case. These studies are focued on male-female transsexuals. I would like to see data, if it exists, on the female-male transsexual (which is afterall what this thread is about) unless this is part of these studies and I just missed it.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #283
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    What I still haven't heard is why he shouldn't be allowed to be homecoming king just because he was born a "she"? Rules should have reasons behind them, not just be set because someone feels it should be that way or even the ever-so-popular "because that's the way it's always been". What harm can come from allowing a girl who lives life as a boy (or even a girl in general) to be homecoming king?

    In the more general discussion, what actual harm comes from allowing a person to live life as the gender they feel they are, if it isn't the gender they were born as? Allowing someone to believe they are an animal, such as a dog or a duck or a turtle, means that either someone would have to agree to look after the person as a "pet" or allowing the person to be possibly putting themselves at risk of things such as exposure, food poisoning, animal attacks, etc. if they truly do try to live their lives as that animal. I'm not sure if it is legal or not to keep someone as a "pet" if they believe they are an animal, but I doubt it. However, the same things cannot be said about someone who simply wants to live as the opposite sex as they were born, with or without surgery to change themselves physically. The person will still be living life as a human, which means communicating with other people, following the laws of the land, thinking for themself, taking care of themself, and doing everything a human does, just not conforming to gender norms.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #284
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    What I still haven't heard is why he shouldn't be allowed to be homecoming king just because he was born a "she"? .
    answer in bold, because the rules say "shes" can't be HK. There would be no harm in allowing this, since homecoming king is bull**** meaningless title anyway.

    I am a white guy, my wife and I adopted two black boys. They have been raised in a white family, treated like white kids, they think of themselves as white kids but none of that changes the fact that they are black. they were born black and they will always be black.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #285
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    answer in bold, because the rules say "shes" can't be HK. There would be no harm in allowing this, since homecoming king is bull**** meaningless title anyway.

    I am a white guy, my wife and I adopted two black boys. They have been raised in a white family, treated like white kids, they think of themselves as white kids but none of that changes the fact that they are black. they were born black and they will always be black.
    There is a difference. Men and women are treated differently in society based on their gender. There are different expectations for how they should dress and conduct themselves. Different races are not held to those same standards by titles or contests. Discrimination laws would prevent there from ever again being a contest that was only for blacks or only for whites in a school. If a black boy "acted" more white than other black boys in the school, it wouldn't have any impact on what he may or may not be eligible to do or where in the school he could go. It doesn't work the same way when you are talking about a girl who acts, and actually lives life as, a boy, or a boy who acts, and actually lives life, as a girl.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #286
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    As interesting as all that is...it has little bearing on this case. These studies are focued on male-female transsexuals. I would like to see data, if it exists, on the female-male transsexual (which is afterall what this thread is about) unless this is part of these studies and I just missed it.
    That's not true. The first study I cited refers to both MTF AND FTM. Re-read the information and you will see that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #287
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    The choice of who is to be homecoming king or queen should be left up to the kids. Not their parents.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #288
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    I was just reading through this thread again when I was reminded of something from an Art History study I did in college. Took me a second to find a source to back it up. It looks like everyone arguing that a king is male by definition has just lost the battle.



    As far back as Ancient Egypt, there has been precedent for female kings.

    Egypt: The Kings (Pharaohs) of Ancient Egypt

    Game. Set. Match.
    Homecoming Pharaoh DOES sound much more cool than Homecoming King, doesn't it?

    I'm not sure if it is as cool as Homecoming Poobah, but close.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #289
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    That's not true. The first study I cited refers to both MTF AND FTM. Re-read the information and you will see that.
    got it and thanks. I still see nothing that would prove that the brain differences are causative and not as a result of.

    as the old saying goes: "correlation does not equal causation"
    Last edited by OscarB63; 09-29-10 at 05:49 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #290
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The choice of who is to be homecoming king or queen should be left up to the kids. Not their parents.
    I personally think they should banish all those stupid "popularity" contests in school. All it does is give the "popular" kids yet another opportunity to spit on the "losers".
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •