Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 312

Thread: Transgender senior can't be king

  1. #231
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    I always thought that homecoming king was the gayest dude in the school anyway. maybe the kids got it right this time.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #232
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    So you can't answer the questions. Next time just say that.
    Translation: "La la la la la I can't hear you!"

  3. #233
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Oh, for Christ's sake. Now it's the pursuit of happiness. It's not about that! It's about teaching kids that rules matter. Anyone wonder why a kid gets out of high school and can't hold down a job because he can't accept authority? Electing a girl for homecoming king does absolutely nothing to make the world a better place. I think your premise is beyond ridiculous.
    Or teaching kids that adults lose their minds over silly ****. I bet if we could talk to the kids, that would be their response.

    And this has no bearing on kids and their employment future. Thinking it does is beyond rediculous IMHO.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #234
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    turn the situation around. If it was a guy, born a guy, who said he thought he was a girl. How many of you would want "her" in the locker room, restroom, etc with your daughter?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #235
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    turn the situation around. If it was a guy, born a guy, who said he thought he was a girl. How many of you would want "her" in the locker room, restroom, etc with your daughter?
    Why would it matter? Stalls have doors. And girls have seen these things before and will again. Same with boys. As long as no advances are made, or improper behavior, why would anyone object? Though this is an apple and orange example. Kings and queens don't have to go to the rest room together and there is no locker.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #236
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Translation: "La la la la la I can't hear you!"
    Answer my questions.

    I gave you two. You ducked both of them.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #237
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Answer my questions.

    I gave you two. You ducked both of them.
    I did. You can't deal with the answers, so you ran away. Not my problem.

  8. #238
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Moderator's Warning:
    Transgender senior can't be kingThis is the last warning to discuss the topic and not each other. I would not push this if I were you.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #239
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Incorrect. Your apostrophe does not change the noun in any way shape or form. Gender is defined as sex. There is no middle ground.
    No, that's not true at all. It said ONE sex, not one's sex. So the possessive changes everything. It means that one can have one sex, and another gender. The very definition YOU posted makes that patently clear.

  10. #240
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Transgender senior can't be king

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Why the hell is this an issue? These are kids who decided for themselves that they wanted a transgender individual to represent them as their homecoming king. What grounds does the school have to enforce gender roles on its students? Why must the school be "consistent with gender'?
    This not about "gender roles" because the mental disorder itself is a result of people pushing gender roles on others.

    Also, do you really think the qualifications to be a heart surgeon are the same to be a homecoming king for a high school? Or do you really think this transgender's lack of a Y chromosome inhibits their ability to be a homecoming king in the same that your lack of education in medicine inhibits your ability to perform surgery? Hyperbole anyone?
    The point is you don't encourage people with mental disorders to see their delusions as reality. It will harm them even if you may not realize how it harms them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    Men have a membrane that separates the halves of the brain that females do not have. I wrote a paper for a college psych class that relates the differences between the brains of the sexes. You don't want to read what I wrote for a source, so I direct you to:
    Are There Differences between the Brains of Males and Females?
    Studies like this prove why sociobiology is junk science that people should just throw out most of the time. It is all just a series of "correlation equals causation" argument that completely ignore social factors because ultimately they are not being paid to find social factors. "Proving" that gender identity is biological is just like "proving" depression is real medical condition. It is all about the pharmaceutical companies who pay them to get results that can ultimately be used to push new drugs and treatments in order to "cure" whatever "illness" they made up. Pushing drugs is a far more lucrative business than therapy or, heaven forbid, people actually taking control of their own lives.

    Learn a bit about the neonatal mind. Hell learn about the prenatal mind because social conditioning ultimately begins in the womb. It can be pretty laughable reading some of these "scientific studies" that sociobiologists put out. Apparently there is some part of your brain that pre-programs you to like pretty dresses and the color pink. It is junk science through and through.

    Even as a fetus people are highly perceptive and learn many different things. Obviously the relative lack of internal stimuli mitigates exactly how much they can be condition but noises are fully capable of reaching the unborn child and the unborn child learns and process such noises and reacts to them months before birth.

    While we might find it hard to detect slight differences in expressions and behaviors the infant mind is able to process these differences with astounding accuracy. As a function of our culture we typically treat girls and boys differently from birth, even if we do not realize it, and so any claim of a biological cause for this cannot simply gauge differences a few months after birth and the further back in time you go the fewer differences you find on every level.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •