Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston

  1. #51
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Voter registration fraud is legal?
    Yes, but not the same as voter fraud. Tow different crimes and with two different consequences.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #52
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,433

    Re: Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, but not the same as voter fraud. Tow different crimes and with two different consequences.
    But, still a crime. Yes?? Should be looked into? Questions about why an orginization that receives Federal monies is committing a crime? Right?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, still a crime. Yes?? Should be looked into? Questions about why an orginization that receives Federal monies is committing a crime? Right?!?
    I have no problem with the authories looking into any possible crime. But I do have trouble with people mistaking two different crimes, and leaping to conclusions not supported by the facts.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #54
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Good, because alledge does not mean prove.
    Correct, because "alledge" does not mean anything.

    Again, we're talking about "alledged" voter registration fraud, not proven. And you have yet to show any proof of any voter registration fraud or voter fraud or whatever by SEIU. [edit; SEIU was mentioned in Grim's opening statement in case you intended to accuse me of not addressing the topic again]
    Where did I say I had proof? Again, this is not hard to understand. I'm saying that if these things happened, they are crimes.

    Your point is taken and you are still wrong. I'm trying to explain to you and very politely I might add, that the OP article is alledging voter registration fraud and that it is a bogus claim simply based on who is making the claim and their long history of voter suppression....read this....

    "King Street Patriots". My that has a very tea party sound to it, doesn't it?
    Again, whether or not republicans are the devil has nothing to do with our discussion.

    Wtf?? Did you really just say that "lawsuits don't have anything to do with convictions"??? LOL I think you just blew your credibilty right into outer space, RightinNYC.
    ...

    ...

    Yes, I did say that "lawsuits don't have anything to do with convictions." That statement is true.

    A lawsuit is a civil claim filed against a party. If that claim is successful, it's called a judgment. A prosecution is when criminal charges are brought against a party. If those charges are successful, that's called a conviction. There is no such thing as a "conviction" resulting from a "lawsuit."

    If you don't understand how the law works, I would recommend that you don't speak authoritatively on it.

    No, that isn't what I'm arguing at all. What am I arguing is that Republicans have a long history of voter fraud, suppression, and intimidation and that accusing voter registration groups of fraud is one of their more notorious and fraudulent tactics.
    All of which has nothing to do with the issue we're discussing.

    It might also interest you to know this little "King Street Patriot" group down there in Houston are the main suspects for burning down the warehouse holding all of Harris County's voting machines. Yeah, you heard that right. Now if that isn't cause for a criminal investigation into voter suppression and fraud, then what hell is? ....
    LOL

    They're the "main suspect" according to some retard on huffpost. Let me know what the cops say.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    You far-righties had this problem before, you don't understand the difference between voter registration fraud and voter fraud....

    Watch out, the ACORN boogeyman is coming to get you....!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, but not the same as voter fraud. Tow different crimes and with two different consequences.
    I'd love for either you to explain the difference in terms of the statutes used to prosecute each crime and the penalty that is assessed.

    I mean, the DoJ says that they're both voter fraud crimes, but you guys must know a lot more about this than they do.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #55
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,433

    Re: Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have no problem with the authories looking into any possible crime. But I do have trouble with people mistaking two different crimes, and leaping to conclusions not supported by the facts.
    What do you think the motivation to commit voter registration fraud is? SEIU and ACERN have to be getting something out of it? A path to election rigging, perhaps? Then, it would be voter fraud, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What do you think the motivation to commit voter registration fraud is? SEIU and ACERN have to be getting something out of it? A path to election rigging, perhaps? Then, it would be voter fraud, too.
    With ACORN, as I recall, it was the registrators making more money. Mickey Mouse never showed up to vote. You can't leap to conclusions like you're doing now. The two crimes are different and don't automatically lead to the other.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #57
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,433

    Re: Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    With ACORN, as I recall, it was the registrators making more money. Mickey Mouse never showed up to vote. You can't leap to conclusions like you're doing now. The two crimes are different and don't automatically lead to the other.
    But, still a crime? How confident are you that our current DoJ will persue these crimes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, still a crime? How confident are you that our current DoJ will persue these crimes?
    As confident as I ever was. There is no evidence this administration is apolitical as the previous one was. The Bush DoJ was very political and used the DOJ as an arm of the republican party, much to my dismay. I see no evidence this one is a s bad.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #59
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston

    I have a dream...that one day, black people and white people; liberal people and conservative people; will stand up when they see bull**** and obvious and blatant violations of law. That they will stand united in opposition to such behavior and not excuse it, justify it, rationalize it, or gleefully condone it. That stuffing ballot boxes on college campuses...and finding votes that have been 'lost' in closets...and collecting homeless people and bribing them with alcohol and cigarettes...and manuevering to block ballots cast by soldiers serving overseas...that paying people to register to vote and then having people vote under cartoon characters names might be iniversally condemned as wrong...oh...I have a dream. That allegations of voter intimidation b e FULLY investigated and where found to be valid, those guilty be prosecuted under federal criminal statutes. That all elligible citizens be allowed their vote and that any effort to deny that vote be punished...I have a dream...

  10. #60
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston

    No one is suggesting that people who violate the law shouldn't be punished.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •