Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

  1. #1
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    They have no problem hiring a known terrorist but they voted against giving the scumbag emeritus status?



    University of Illinois denies Bill Ayers emeritus status - chicagotribune.com

    In a very unusual move, University of Illinois trustees Thursday denied giving emeritus status to controversial retired professor William Ayers.

    The vote, at a U. of I. board meeting in Urbana, was unanimous and came after a passionate speech by board chair Christopher Kennedy, who invoked the 1968 assassination of his father, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, in saying that he was voting his conscience.

    The other trustees, without comment, also voted against the appointment.

    Ayers, the Vietnam War-era radical, had been an education faculty member at UIC since 1987. He retired effective Aug. 31 and then sought the emeritus faculty status, a largely honorific title that includes some benefits such as library privileges.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #2
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    They have no problem hiring a known terrorist but they voted against giving the scumbag emeritus status?



    University of Illinois denies Bill Ayers emeritus status - chicagotribune.com

    In a very unusual move, University of Illinois trustees Thursday denied giving emeritus status to controversial retired professor William Ayers.

    The vote, at a U. of I. board meeting in Urbana, was unanimous and came after a passionate speech by board chair Christopher Kennedy, who invoked the 1968 assassination of his father, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, in saying that he was voting his conscience.

    The other trustees, without comment, also voted against the appointment.

    Ayers, the Vietnam War-era radical, had been an education faculty member at UIC since 1987. He retired effective Aug. 31 and then sought the emeritus faculty status, a largely honorific title that includes some benefits such as library privileges.
    If there was true justice the headlines should have been BILL AYERS DENIED PAROLE or CLEMENCY



  3. #3
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,751

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Phew. To think that man almost had library privileges...
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #4
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Ayers served his time in jail, yes?

    So then why is this a problem, I dont see a reason to call him a terrorist. Is he currently engaged in any violent activities?
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  5. #5
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Ayers served his time in jail, yes?

    So then why is this a problem, I dont see a reason to call him a terrorist. Is he currently engaged in any violent activities?
    yeah it would be almost as unfair as calling Ted Bundy or Charlie Manson murderers or Ivan Boesky a scam artist



  6. #6
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Some people will forgive anything.

    Ayers was, is, and always will be a scum bag.

    He's not the least bit sorry for his terrorist ways. He wears them like a badge of honor.

    And like so many other Communists/Socialists/Marxist radicals he's close to the Amateur in Chief Obama.

    I seriously wonder what color the sky is in the fantasy world of so many Obama Disciples, because they has no relationship with reality.

    They think it's cool to have terrorists and total wackos visiting the other Radical in the White House.

    So sad, because when the Shtuff hits the fan it will be evenly spread all over them too and they either can't wait to wallow in it, or they're just too busy day dreaming about unicorns and butterflies to car about themselves or their children and their children who's future is being hocked by the "Trifecta of Doom Obama, Pelosi, Reid," and of course the rest of the cast of ne'er-do-wells in Congress.

    And those who still think Obama is their Savior.

  7. #7
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Oh come on, Ayers just dedicated a book to the man that shot his father. Whats the big deal?

    /sarcasm


    The better question is how did that piece of trash get to be a professor in the first place?
    Last edited by texmaster; 09-26-10 at 01:57 AM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #8
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    I'm sure Ayers is really crying about that money he wasn't going to get as the "title" has about as many benefits as a pimple on Truth Detector's neck.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #9
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah it would be almost as unfair as calling Ted Bundy or Charlie Manson murderers or Ivan Boesky a scam artist
    Ayers served his sentence. Unless he is currently engaging in terrorist activities, you're only name-calling because you disagree with his views.
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  10. #10
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Ayers served his sentence. Unless he is currently engaging in terrorist activities, you're only name-calling because you disagree with his views.
    He dedicated a book to an assassin.

    You really think this is a simple disagreement of views?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •