Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

  1. #21
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Let me explain something to the less fortunate among us. Once a Terrorist always a Terrorist. It's like an Army General who has retired. For the rest of his life he will be called General like anyone who holds an elected office such as Councilman. Those people can use that title for the rest of their lives.

    In the case of Bill Ayers he is unapologetic about being a Radical Terrorist who by the way should be rotting in some rat infested rundown Federal prison for the rest of his worthless no good life along with the rest of the Weather underground garbage.

    As to how he is allowed anywhere near a school, it's the Liberal wacko way, it's like being a Muslim and drinking, chasing women in a strip club, and breaking all the rules and edicts are okay in the end because you are doing it for the cause and if you do enough you get first prize. In Islam it's the mythical nonexistent virgins, and in radical Liberal camps, it's a free pass to remain a nut bar and they'll even pretend nothing ever really happened and even though you piut a large number of lives at risk they'll defend you no matter how back you have been or radical you still are because they stand for nothing in the end.

    Those who stand for nothing fall for anything, like all Liberals.

  2. #22
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Yeah, I do. Again, the guy has served his sentence.
    What was his sentence for all the terrorist acts he committed?

    If you dont like his views, that's fine. But he DOES have the right to express them, regardless of what they are.
    Its not really a matter a of disliking his views. Its disliking what he did.

    Calling him a terrorist is stupid because he ISN'T a terrorist.
    He committed many terrorist acts in the US. So he is a terrorist.

    It'd be like me calling you a pedophile;

    You do realize pedophilia is a sexual attraction to prepubescent kids, not something that happens because mean ol catholic church doesn't let their priests marry.So that means you do not have to convicted of child rape/molestation to be one nor is it something that goes away unless they found a cure for it.

    it's stupid because it isn't (I trust) true.
    His past activities says he is a terrorist.


    Unless you can show there is current evidence that he is currently involved in terrorist activities,
    So by your logic Ted Bundy is not a serial killer, John Wayne Gacy, Jr is not a serial killer and John Couey is not a pedophile child murdering rapist because they are not currently doing those things.

    he's a radical but not a terrorist.
    The fact a school would give that piece of **** a job to teach or let him anywhere near that school is unconscionable.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 09-26-10 at 11:12 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #23
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Yeah, I do. Again, the guy has served his sentence. If you dont like his views, that's fine. But he DOES have the right to express them, regardless of what they are. Calling him a terrorist is stupid because he ISN'T a terrorist. It'd be like me calling you a pedophile; it's stupid because it isn't (I trust) true. Unless you can show there is current evidence that he is currently involved in terrorist activities, he's a radical but not a terrorist.
    #1 I never called him a terrorist. You need to be clear on whom you are replying to.

    #2 He never ever expressed any regret for his efforts in targeting buildings for detonation.

    This guy isn't a liberal where points can be argued. He's a far left extremist dedicating books to assassins and expressing no regret for past illegal activities. This is way beyond politics.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #24
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Let me explain something to the less fortunate among us. Once a Terrorist always a Terrorist.
    I disagree. Sure, there is a common asociation that is made linking a person to a crime, and with that association a specific state of mind. That association, however, doesn't inherently make it right. I mean, I believe that is why the english language has prefixes and words like "former" and "ex-" - it acknowledges that he was involved with the activities in question, but also acknowledges that he moved on from those specific ats that landed him behind the bars [that he probably should have been kept behind longer]. IMO, if he doesn't keep clear of said activities, call him a terrorist in the "in the now" sense, but until then, IMO, "ex-" or "former" is far more correct logistically.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The fact a school would give that piece of **** a job to teach or let him anywhere near that school is unconscionable.
    You should see the nuts from PeTA and the Animal Liberation Front who are allowed into schools and universities to lecture on special occasions. They are just as bad as this guy if not, in many cases, worse.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    You know there is something really wrong when a man like Bill Ayes can do the things he did and then go on to be an educator in the very country he despises.

    He said of America "It makes me want to puke."

    Of the 30 bombings he said he had no regrets but felt they didn't do enough.

    Then to find this man has a close association to the president makes you wonder if Ayers wasn't doing a bit of educating while they were hanging out together.
    Between Ayers "America makes me want to puke" to Wright's "GD America" it's not surprising Obama comes off as not being especially fond of the country. He's surounded himself with anti-Americans.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #26
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Using your logic, doesn't texmaster have the right to call the person a terrorist if that is his view. Even if you think he is a reformed terrorist.
    He can CALL him anything he wants, I'm simply pointing out that it's an incorrect title.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    What was his sentence for all the terrorist acts he committed?
    I have no idea and it's irrelevant.

    Its not really a matter a of disliking his views. Its disliking what he did.
    He served his sentence for what he did.

    He committed many terrorist acts in the US. So he is a terrorist.
    Acts that he has served a prison sentence for.

    You do realize pedophilia is a sexual attraction to prepubescent kids, not something that happens because mean ol catholic church doesn't let their priests marry.So that means you do not have to convicted of child rape/molestation to be one nor is it something that goes away unless they found a cure for it.
    Dont be deliberately obtuse, you know what I mean.

    So by your logic Ted Bundy is not a serial killer, John Wayne Gacy, Jr is not a serial killer and John Couey is not a pedophile child murdering rapist because they are not currently doing those things.
    They are convicted criminals, serving their sentences.

    The fact a school would give that piece of **** a job to teach or let him anywhere near that school is unconscionable.
    Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    #1 I never called him a terrorist. You need to be clear on whom you are replying to.
    True, though I contend you implied it further back.

    #2 He never ever expressed any regret for his efforts in targeting buildings for detonation.
    He doesnt have to.

    This guy isn't a liberal where points can be argued. He's a far left extremist dedicating books to assassins and expressing no regret for past illegal activities. This is way beyond politics.
    Again, he doesnt HAVE to show regret. He engaged in illegal activities, was caught, served his time, and now he's out working.
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  7. #27
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    I have no idea and it's irrelevant.
    Then how can you say he was actually punished for his crimes?

    He served his sentence for what he did.

    Acts that he has served a prison sentence for.
    It is blatantly obvious that either you are lying or you do not know to be making such bull **** statements.

    Dont be deliberately obtuse, you know what I mean.
    If you meant child rapist or child molester then you should have said so.

    They are convicted criminals, serving their sentences.
    Irrelevant. By your logic since they have not did those things then they are no longer serial killers or child rapist or murders.

    Why?
    Why do you think it is a good idea to let a piece of **** terrorist scumbag teach or anywhere near a school?
    Last edited by jamesrage; 09-26-10 at 03:57 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #28
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    I disagree. Sure, there is a common asociation that is made linking a person to a crime, and with that association a specific state of mind. That association, however, doesn't inherently make it right. I mean, I believe that is why the english language has prefixes and words like "former" and "ex-" - it acknowledges that he was involved with the activities in question, but also acknowledges that he moved on from those specific ats that landed him behind the bars [that he probably should have been kept behind longer]. IMO, if he doesn't keep clear of said activities, call him a terrorist in the "in the now" sense, but until then, IMO, "ex-" or "former" is far more correct logistically.
    I think "human garbage"," piece of ****" or scumbag is just as sufficient as former terrorist or terrorist.


    You should see the nuts from PeTA and the Animal Liberation Front who are allowed into schools and universities to lecture on special occasions. They are just as bad as this guy if not, in many cases, worse.
    Seeing how screwed up Ayers and peta are, it kind of makes you wonder how ****ed up the people are that allow these scum to even set foot of the property.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #29
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Ayers served his sentence. Unless he is currently engaging in terrorist activities, you're only name-calling because you disagree with his views.
    He can have his views. It doesn't mean anyone has to have him as part of their club or honor him in any way. Expressing views goes both ways.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Controversial UIC professor denied emeritus status

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    They have no problem hiring a known terrorist but they voted against giving the scumbag emeritus status?
    I doubt you even know what he did that's so controversial.

    Your masters at Fox have programmed you to hate him, so, when you see his name in print, you blurt out 'scumbag'... not even knowing why....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •