Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't Ask,

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't Ask,

    A federal judge in Washington has ruled that an Air Force nurse who was kicked out of the military for being gay should get her job back, NPR's Rachel Martin reports.

    After her commanders learned she was engaged in a romantic relationship with a woman, Maj. Margaret Witt was expelled from the military in 2004.

    The case, Witt v. Department of the Air Force, questions the constitutionality of the military's controversial don't ask, don't tell policy.

    Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't Ask, Don't Tell : The Two-Way : NPR

    Well think want but the fact is gays have and do a valuable for this county. It is a shame they have to go to such great lengths to serve.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: < previous post Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't A

    SCOTUS should repeal DADT, if it has any sense.

  3. #3
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: < previous post Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't A

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    SCOTUS should repeal DADT, if it has any sense.
    SCOTUS shouldn't have anything to do with DADT. Congress should stop shoving all the hard decisions off on the courts.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: < previous post Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't A

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    SCOTUS shouldn't have anything to do with DADT. Congress should stop shoving all the hard decisions off on the courts.
    But as usual SCOTUS will be the initiatior because congress is too polarized to do anything about it.

  5. #5
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: < previous post Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't A

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    But as usual SCOTUS will be the initiatior because congress is too polarized to do anything about it.
    It's still unclear if SCOTUS will do anything about the gay marriage case, but I think it's far less likely that they'll take on DADT either way. The court is very deferential when it comes to the military. The fact that Congress has made moves toward dealing with it lately will probably also make the court more reluctant to get involved.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: < previous post Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't A

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    It's still unclear if SCOTUS will do anything about the gay marriage case, but I think it's far less likely that they'll take on DADT either way. The court is very deferential when it comes to the military. The fact that Congress has made moves toward dealing with it lately will probably also make the court more reluctant to get involved.
    at the end of the article it does state:

    According to Martin, he went on to say that the courts are not the appropriate venue to decide whether or not gays should be able to serve openly in the military.

    And I happen to agree

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't Ask,

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    A federal judge in Washington has ruled that an Air Force nurse who was kicked out of the military for being gay should get her job back, NPR's Rachel Martin reports.

    After her commanders learned she was engaged in a romantic relationship with a woman, Maj. Margaret Witt was expelled from the military in 2004.

    The case, Witt v. Department of the Air Force, questions the constitutionality of the military's controversial don't ask, don't tell policy.

    Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't Ask, Don't Tell : The Two-Way : NPR

    Well think want but the fact is gays have and do a valuable for this county. It is a shame they have to go to such great lengths to serve.
    Gays don't do anymore for this country than anyone else. Let's stop putting groups of the politically correct up on pedestles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't Ask,

    nobody is putting them on a pedestal apdst, not sure where you got that. Gay service members do do a valuable service for this nation, just as much as any other member but one might fail to realize that after hearing some people talk about them.
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't Ask,

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    nobody is putting them on a pedestal apdst, not sure where you got that. Gay service members do do a valuable service for this nation, just as much as any other member but one might fail to realize that after hearing some people talk about them.
    There service is no more valuable than anyone else's. With, or without them, we're going to have the finest fighting force in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Judge: Reinstate Nurse Kicked Out Of Air Force Because Of Don't Ask,

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Gays don't do anymore for this country than anyone else. Let's stop putting groups of the politically correct up on pedestles.
    No one's putting them on a pedestal, they just want to be equal.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •