Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 275

Thread: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

  1. #81
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    I, for one, cannot wait until we return to that fiscally responsible 2008 spending level. (along with extending the tax cuts so we also have 2008 tax levels).

    That will definitely solve our debt problems and those tax/spending levels will definitely keep us out of economic trouble.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #82
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    mid-illinois
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    too bad their rate of pay wasnt also rescinded to the 2008 level.

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    oh my god. if small business owners are too ****ing lazy to read a bill that they THINK affects them negatively, maybe their businesses will fail because they are both stupid and lazy.
    Unfortunately, business owners don't get to interpret the mumbo-jumbo. The government does.

    are corporate taxes being raised? and please use an example of small business instead of donald trumps "friend"....weren't we discussing small business? never mind, again no facts.

    Health Care Bill Text - H.R. 4872 - Reconciliation Act of 2010 - OpenCongress
    Yes! Corporate taxes are being raised. Where you been? Capital gains taxes are going up 18%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #84
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I, for one, cannot wait until we return to that fiscally responsible 2008 spending level. (along with extending the tax cuts so we also have 2008 tax levels).

    That will definitely solve our debt problems and those tax/spending levels will definitely keep us out of economic trouble.
    Who was running the show in 2008? I'll give you hint; it wasn't the Repubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #85
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    It's the Democrats that have a Contract ON America the Republicans had a Contract WITH America. The big difference is America doesn't know what is in the Democrat's contract on them. The Democarats secret contract mostly comprises of stealing the peoples money through taxes, destroying the free enterprise system and converting as many people as possible to dependence on the government.
    What a bunch of crap. The contract w/ america involved lying about WMD, allowing Wall Street to bone us, dereged the oiling drilling stuff, let New Orleans float down the Mississippi. Wait mission accomplished?

    If your party was the solution for america, they'd be in office still. Take ownership for the crap they pulled.

    .
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  6. #86
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Can you say, "4% unemployment"? The Dems took over in 2007. When did the recession get cranked up? How much good has the Democrats's, "plan", to make everything better worked? How many jobs have been killed and how many billions in tax dollars have been wasted to bail out the unions? Don't tell me that you actually believe that a 18% increase in the capital gains tax is going to help small businesses grow.
    That is lame. Clinton left you with a balanced budget. Was it balanced when he left?
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  7. #87
    Student sokpupet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In your heart.
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    252

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    It's the Democrats that have a Contract ON America the Republicans had a Contract WITH America. The big difference is America doesn't know what is in the Democrat's contract on them. The Democarats secret contract mostly comprises of stealing the peoples money through taxes, destroying the free enterprise system and converting as many people as possible to dependence on the government.
    I burst out laughing when I read you post (I appreciated your humor); but I feel you have it backwards. The Democrats and Republicans are self-serving if the truth be told. We are squawking about the same things being done by different measures. They are in a never ending mode of campaigning for $ so they are all in the pockets of someone. It is not unlike a high school football rivalry and with less maturity.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    seems he just did...did you bother to watch the townhall?

    When asked by another participant whether the ‘American Dream’ was dead, the president said “Absolutely not…We are still the country that billions of people in the world look to and aspire to.”

    and of course you don't want to bother.....you never waste your time with facts.
    he said, he said...

    LOL!

    what OTHERS said at georgetown monday morning

    john harwood---the recession has been declared over (applause), but didn't the bigwigs mostly benefit?

    absolutely not, we inherited this economy, we took emergency steps, we staved off depression, the programs we put in place worked, we've stabililized the markets, we've seen 8 months of private sector job growth, when you're in a hole so deep the first thing you must do is stop digging, folks are hurting, many in the audience (loud applause), we must continue to head in a positive direction, we can't go in a negative direction, we've cut cap gains on small biz, r&d, student loans, progress is slow and steady, there's no quick fix, it took us 10 years to get in this hole, the wsj says from 2001 to 2009 real income declined 5%, it's gonna take more time

    harwood---i know, we've heard that many times, could it be that your elite education, your personal style, your racial heritage, make it so you understand intellectually what americans are going thru without really feeling it?

    absolutely not, i could be green, i could be purple and if the economy were doing well it wouldn't matter, there's the big picture but if you're outta work all you're really thinking about is where's the job, if you've lost your home, my grandparents, GI bill, FHA, my life is a testimony to the american dream, that's why i ran, everything i've done is to continue that american dream, i think about the next generation and not the next election

    the now famous cfo---i'm exhausted from defending you (that wide obama smile), i'm deeply disappointed, i was told i was voting for a man who would bring meaningful change for the middle class, i never expected a great measure, but a small one, quite frankly i'm not feeling it, hard to put food on the table, is this my new reality?

    absolutely not...

    harwood---the psychology, business confidence, you talk about THEM like dogs (nervous laugh), are you villifying biz?

    harwood---do you see work for profit as morally inferior to the kind of work you did as community organizer?

    absolutely not...

    a 30 year old law student who wants to go into public service---there are no jobs, i took those student loans, i can't pay the interest, i can't afford to get married (lots of laughter, obama---whatever the expense its worth it), i was inspired by your message but the inspiration is dying away, what concrete steps? is the american dream dead for me?

    absolutely not...

    harwood---any course correction, any signal of a changed approach, will geithner and summers stay?

    harwood---your debt commission?

    harwood---orszag (who wrote the op ed in the nyt calling for extending bush tax cuts to all)?

    harwood---pelosi says you can get 80% of the revenue by taxing only those making over a mil?

    a small biz owner from pennsylvania, 3rd generation monogram glassmaker---you were right to reinvest in business, the stimulus funded ailing small biz, the challenge is the public is fearful and negative, you saved the autos and it might even look like you're gonna turn a profit yet critics paint you as dramatically anti biz prez, the public just doesn't get it, how do you win back the center, you're losing the war of sound bites

    (the next day, this lone sychophant declared, "obama never answered my question")

    rick santelli (video)---would investors invest in a concern that borrows 42 cents per dollar, how long can we continue without hurting our longterm health?

    harwood---are you telling americans to buck up and prepare for lower services from soc sec and medicare?

    mba from georgetown---the govt is too large, that's what tea's about, what are you gonna do if these candidates are elected?

    harwood---tea accuses you of altering constitution, the commerce clause?

    harwood---after the stimulus is it time to focus on the private sector?

    a wall street lawyer---i went to school with you, i fouled you in a basketball game (obama says he remembers, everyone laughs), i feel whacked by a stick, if i hire someone in nyc for 50K it costs me 90 and she walks home with 35, when will you stop whacking wall street like a pinata?

    the last 3 questions concerned foreign policy
    Last edited by The Prof; 09-23-10 at 10:43 PM.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    That is lame. Clinton left you with a balanced budget. Was it balanced when he left?
    Who got him to move to the center so he could end with a balanced budget?
    Problem is, Obama will be too stubborn to move to the center when Rep. take over this time. All they'll be able to do is keep sending bills to his desk for him to veto. That won't look so good. He'll get the title of the Presidentcy of NO.
    They'll also be able to stop funding on some of his more egregious policies.
    At least we won't be seeing that 2000 pg crap and tax bill or anything like blanket amnesty.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #90
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    That is lame. Clinton left you with a balanced budget. Was it balanced when he left?
    gee whiz! Who controlled Congress when we had a balanced budget?? I'll give you a hint; it wasn't the Dems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •