Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 275

Thread: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

  1. #21
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    If they do what they say they will for small businesses, we'll see the economy and jobs grow at astounding rates.. More jobs= more taxes paid.
    which is what?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #22
    Student RosieS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    06-01-14 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    272

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    What this Pledge says is that GOP pockets are open to receive special interest money once again so that the special interests may dictate the GOP agenda once again.

    Not a thing new with that.

    Regards frm Rosie
    "If you wanna get it done, you gotta fight for yourself." --Meat Loaf, Bat Outta Hell II

  3. #23
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,356

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    I don't have much faith in the current GOP.


  4. #24
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    It's the Democrats that have a Contract ON America the Republicans had a Contract WITH America. The big difference is America doesn't know what is in the Democrat's contract on them. The Democarats secret contract mostly comprises of stealing the peoples money through taxes, destroying the free enterprise system and converting as many people as possible to dependence on the government.
    Well, when you find this secret contract, be sure to let us know. LOL

  5. #25
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    I frankly think they should have kept their mouths shut until after this coming election and let the Tea Pary do their dirty work. I agree it gives their opponents something to attack. But I like to see goals and focus. But I haven't read the pledge so I don't know.
    Some thought they should just let the Dems hang themselves.
    However, being known as the party of NO doesn't sound so good. They really needed to get their ideas out there and so far I think the Pledge is excellent. They kept social issues out except for a promise to permanently ban all federal funding of abortions which I think polls showed 70% of Americans would be for that. The real focus is on jobs and the economy from the summary I've seen.

    It just feels good to think "finally, someone is listening! thank you tea party!"
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Been there; done that. How did it go once they were in charge?
    Can you say, "4% unemployment"? The Dems took over in 2007. When did the recession get cranked up? How much good has the Democrats's, "plan", to make everything better worked? How many jobs have been killed and how many billions in tax dollars have been wasted to bail out the unions? Don't tell me that you actually believe that a 18% increase in the capital gains tax is going to help small businesses grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #27
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Been there; done that. How did it go once they were in charge?
    But they really, really promise they'll be different this time....LOL...



    said Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis. "It's a contrast to the way we conducted ourselves a decade ago. We spent too much money. We lost our way."
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Some thought they should just let the Dems hang themselves.
    However, being known as the party of NO doesn't sound so good. They really needed to get their ideas out there and so far I think the Pledge is excellent. They kept social issues out except for a promise to permanently ban all federal funding of abortions which I think polls showed 70% of Americans would be for that. The real focus is on jobs and the economy from the summary I've seen.

    It just feels good to think "finally, someone is listening! thank you tea party!"
    I'm starting to believe that being labeled the party of no, is a badge of honor. Obviously, the fewer decisions that Congress makes, the fewer things they can **** up for the private sector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    11-28-17 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,690

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    With tax cuts preserved, "common sense exceptions" that cover large chunks of discretionary spending, and no specified mandatory spending reforms, it is difficult to determine that the plan would lead to lower deficits than those that will result under current policy. Furthermore, there was no CBO score to accompany the plan (perhaps the absence of such a score was purposeful?). Therefore, it is difficult to conclude that the plan offers credible fiscal consolidation.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Pray-tell, how could the Dems possibly exploit this? What are they going to do, tell us about all the great things they've done since they took over?
    They've already started on MSNBC.
    "They never said what they will cut. It's just the same old talking points. How will they impliment it. That will just add to the deficit. Blah blah blah
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •