Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Results 271 to 275 of 275

Thread: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

  1. #271
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wait another year, or so. There'll be mountains of evidence for you.

    Did you ever wonder why the economy took off after WW2? Was it because of the war, or bcause of the massive tax cuts following the war.
    Or the spending produced by government putting money in at the bottom. Again, historically we can see that the economy has done well with a high tax rate and with a low tax rate, and everything combination in between. There is no evidence that taxes control the economy. Remeber, we have tax cuts right now, and just how is the economy doing?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #272
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    86,467

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Or the spending produced by government putting money in at the bottom. Again, historically we can see that the economy has done well with a high tax rate and with a low tax rate, and everything combination in between. There is no evidence that taxes control the economy. Remeber, we have tax cuts right now, and just how is the economy doing?
    The government put money in at the bottom for ten years. It was called, "The Great Depression". The top tax rate was raised to 79% in 1936. Does it appear that that help things? Then, came along the tax cuts after WW2 and the economy boomed. gee, let's see!!
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The government put money in at the bottom for ten years. It was called, "The Great Depression". The top tax rate was raised to 79% in 1936. Does it appear that that help things? Then, came along the tax cuts after WW2 and the economy boomed. gee, let's see!!
    You're making a leap. Look at causal relationship error fallacy. You can't reason something out in this manner.

    try reading some history:

    Labor, farms, mines, factories, trading houses, investment firms, communications — even cultural and educational institutions — were enlisted into the war effort. The nation accumulated big money and generated huge new industries to mass produce planes, ships, armored vehicles and numerous other items. Major population shifts occurred as people headed to new jobs.

    The draft helped bring the armed forces of the United States to more than 15 million members. Approximately 65 million men and women were in uniform or worked in war-related jobs by the end of 1943.

    Massive unemployment became a thing of the past and the Great Depression was swallowed up in the worldwide effort to defeat the Axis powers of Japan, Germany and Italy.

    The Great Depression

    And you might avoid conservative revisionist history.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #274
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    86,467

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're making a leap. Look at causal relationship error fallacy. You can't reason something out in this manner.

    try reading some history:

    Labor, farms, mines, factories, trading houses, investment firms, communications — even cultural and educational institutions — were enlisted into the war effort. The nation accumulated big money and generated huge new industries to mass produce planes, ships, armored vehicles and numerous other items. Major population shifts occurred as people headed to new jobs.

    The draft helped bring the armed forces of the United States to more than 15 million members. Approximately 65 million men and women were in uniform or worked in war-related jobs by the end of 1943.

    Massive unemployment became a thing of the past and the Great Depression was swallowed up in the worldwide effort to defeat the Axis powers of Japan, Germany and Italy.

    The Great Depression

    And you might avoid conservative revisionist history.
    The depression didn't end, until after the war.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  5. #275
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The depression didn't end, until after the war.
    Yes, I know. And while I understand you don't understand how things take time and think it happens instantly, another fallacious logic, you really should read more history.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •