Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 275

Thread: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

  1. #241
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Again, a pilot's salary isn't, "tens of thousands of dollars a day".
    And in the jet and support services.

  2. #242
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Again, a pilot's salary isn't, "tens of thousands of dollars a day".
    Well, for one that's not what you said before, so "again" is a bit off. Next, that post you quoted the first time specifically said salary wasn't the only expense. It costs tens of thousands of dollars because if you want a pilot to actually do something you also need to have an aircraft for him to operate. That costs money. Similarly, if you want the construction company you're paying stimulus dollars to do something meaningful, they're going to have to buy a bunch of machinery and building materials. Hence, the "cost" of a job is far in excess of just the salary of the employee.

    So to get back to the point I was trying to make, you can't just divide the stimulus spending by $50,000 and expect to come up with a meaningful expectation of the number of jobs to be created, because the stimulus wasn't spent on jobs. It was spent on projects that needed to be completed. If you want to repave a road, you're going to need to buy some concrete.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #243
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I gave the government $4,000 for my 09 taxes. Believe me, I did look at my return.
    Which doesn't mean anything in itself.

    But thanks for proving my point. You entirely fail to understand taxes.

    Unlike yourself, I'm not a kid in school. I live in the real world, deal with real money, real laws, real problems and the real IRS, not the one you read about in your school book.
    Not at all. I pay more then you. I certainty will this year. I'll be lucky to get pay $4,500 this year.

    Giving us just the amount you paid this year doesn't tell us anything if you benefited or not from the tax cuts. This is how I know you are completely uninformed about this topic. To show that you in fact did not benefit, you'd need to compare this year and 2007 before the additional tax cuts kicked in. If you had similar AGI and similar structural income (15% vs Earned) and you paid more, then you could actually say the stimulus didn't help your taxes. But instead, you just gave us 2010 tax numbers. That tells us aside from your ignorance on the topic, nothing.

    Your post showed that you're wrong, because very little of that has anything to do with the economy
    perhaps you should re-read your post.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059004728

    Do you see that post restrict the discussion to the economy? No. You are wrong. And you are far too immature to admit it.

    But thanks for answering my question. Noticed I say this:

    "So you do agree that Obama is in fact in lock step with Bush in many ways? Or are you going to act like your usual immature partisan self?"

    So yes, you are going to act like your usual, immature partisan self. It's amazing how I point that out....and then you go and do it.

    uber fail there Adpst. Uber Fail.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #244
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,588

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Which doesn't mean anything in itself.

    But thanks for proving my point. You entirely fail to understand taxes.



    Not at all. I pay more then you. I certainty will this year. I'll be lucky to get pay $4,500 this year.

    Giving us just the amount you paid this year doesn't tell us anything if you benefited or not from the tax cuts. This is how I know you are completely uninformed about this topic. To show that you in fact did not benefit, you'd need to compare this year and 2007 before the additional tax cuts kicked in. If you had similar AGI and similar structural income (15% vs Earned) and you paid more, then you could actually say the stimulus didn't help your taxes. But instead, you just gave us 2010 tax numbers. That tells us aside from your ignorance on the topic, nothing.



    perhaps you should re-read your post.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059004728

    Do you see that post restrict the discussion to the economy? No. You are wrong. And you are far too immature to admit it.

    But thanks for answering my question. Noticed I say this:

    "So you do agree that Obama is in fact in lock step with Bush in many ways? Or are you going to act like your usual immature partisan self?"

    So yes, you are going to act like your usual, immature partisan self. It's amazing how I point that out....and then you go and do it.

    uber fail there Adpst. Uber Fail.
    When you get out of high school, come talk to us about paying taxes. Thaaaaanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #245
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    When you get out of high school, come talk to us about paying taxes. Thaaaaanks!!!
    Does the annoying fact that I explain taxes to you suggest that perhaps you are wrong? Furthermore, age has really no factor upon intelligence. Or wisdom. Or in your case maturity.

    But keep going about being an immature partisan who can never, ever, ever admit he's wrong about anything.

    Uber fail there on trying to argue that 1 year's tax liability with no AGI context proves you got no benefit from the stimulus tax cut. It's kind of like arguing 1 day's temperature proves global warming is a fraud.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #246
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,588

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Well, for one that's not what you said before, so "again" is a bit off. Next, that post you quoted the first time specifically said salary wasn't the only expense. It costs tens of thousands of dollars because if you want a pilot to actually do something you also need to have an aircraft for him to operate. That costs money. Similarly, if you want the construction company you're paying stimulus dollars to do something meaningful, they're going to have to buy a bunch of machinery and building materials. Hence, the "cost" of a job is far in excess of just the salary of the employee.

    So to get back to the point I was trying to make, you can't just divide the stimulus spending by $50,000 and expect to come up with a meaningful expectation of the number of jobs to be created, because the stimulus wasn't spent on jobs. It was spent on projects that needed to be completed. If you want to repave a road, you're going to need to buy some concrete.

    The government can't create jobs. That's the reality that you need to understand and learn to live with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #247
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The government can't create jobs. That's the reality that you need to understand and learn to live with.
    I guess everyone in the military doesn't have a job then. Apparently, according to your logic, every member of Congress, the Judicial Branch and the Executive Branch plus all their staff are really unemployed.

    Perhaps not, but experience trumps ALL of those things.
    Not necessarily. Experience trumps intelligence? Really. So the capacity of someone to think on their feet, adapt and change to meet the situation in all kinds of scenarios is less important then experience in some specific field? LOL.

    There's no way that you're familiar with all 44,000 pages of tax code
    No one is. That code is way too big. That doesn't make you right. Or me wrong. Especially given your crackpot argument that one year's tax liability without AGI context proves you didn't get a benefit.

    Maturity and experience would teach you that, hence, you don't know everything about taxes. You sure goddamn hell don't know anything about my taxes
    About your's specifically? No. But I do know it is impossible to say that you got no benefit without a comparison of 2007 taxes and examination of the structure of income. You seem to think you can say you got no benefit without providing any context or benchmarks.

    BTW, global warming is hoax.
    Just like Co2 traps heat. Hoax.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 09-27-10 at 12:42 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #248
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,588

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Does the annoying fact that I explain taxes to you suggest that perhaps you are wrong? Furthermore, age has really no factor upon intelligence. Or wisdom. Or in your case maturity.

    But keep going about being an immature partisan who can never, ever, ever admit he's wrong about anything.

    Uber fail there on trying to argue that 1 year's tax liability with no AGI context proves you got no benefit from the stimulus tax cut. It's kind of like arguing 1 day's temperature proves global warming is a fraud.
    Perhaps not, but experience trumps ALL of those things. There's no way that you're familiar with all 44,000 pages of tax code. Maturity and experience would teach you that, hence, you don't know everything about taxes. You sure goddamn hell don't know anything about my taxes.

    BTW, global warming is hoax. What's next? 9/11 was an inside job??
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #249
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,588

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    I guess everyone in the military doesn't have a job then.
    Where does the money to fund the military come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Love it.. expose their own hypocrisy.. hope the Dems exploit this.
    For the first time ever, I actually agree with you.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •