Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 275

Thread: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

  1. #221
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obama is in lockstep with Bush? LMAO!!!! Never heard that talking point.
    Because you don't pay any attention. Or research. Or educate yourself in any way.

    More then 30% of the stimulus was tax cuts.
    A sizable portion was identical bonus depreciation under Bush.
    Obama is pushing an amped up version of Bush R&D credits.
    While not Bush, the healthcare bill is a watered down version of the bill Republicans tried to pass before.
    Guantanamo Bay anyone?
    We're still in Afghanistan and utilizing the same strategy Bush allowed Petreaus to use in Iraq.
    Obama is further expanding the renewable energy credits under Bush.
    Obama is expanding federal loan guarantees to nuclear plants.
    TARP.
    Obama through Duncan is attempt a revamp of education in similar theme to Bush's No Child Left Behind.
    Obama has stonewalled saying what he's doing to stop domestic spying...mean it's still going on.
    Obama hasn't stopped the Bush secret prisons for terrorists.

    People voted for change....and got Bush III.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 09-25-10 at 05:28 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #222
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Because you don't pay any attention. Or research. Or educate yourself in any way.

    More then 30% of the stimulus was tax cuts.
    A sizable portion was identical bonus depreciation under Bush.
    Obama is pushing an amped up version of Bush R&D credits.
    While not Bush, the healthcare bill is a watered down version of the bill Republicans tried to pass before.
    Guantanamo Bay anyone?
    We're still in Afghanistan and utilizing the same strategy Bush allowed Petreaus to use in Iraq.
    Obama is further expanding the renewable energy credits under Bush.
    Obama is expanding federal loan guarantees to nuclear plants.
    TARP.
    Obama through Duncan is attempt a revamp of education in similar theme to Bush's No Child Left Behind.
    Obama has stonewalled saying what he's doing to stop domestic spying...mean it's still going on.
    Obama hasn't stopped the Bush secret prisons for terrorists.

    People voted for change....and got Bush III.
    Ya know, if I were trying to cover for Obama; the last thing I would do is say that he's too stupid to come up with his own, fresh ideas.

    BTW, what do the not-so-secret prisons have to do with the economy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #223
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    if 30% of the stimulus was tax cuts, then 600B wasn't

  4. #224
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    if 30% of the stimulus was tax cuts, then 600B wasn't
    LOL...tax cuts for who? My taxes sure as hell didn't go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #225
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    LOL...tax cuts for who? My taxes sure as hell didn't go down.
    You should check your return.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #226
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I'm not just singling out the GOP when I say this, but why would anyone believe lofty campaign promises anymore? Haven't people had enough of being lied to by transparently power-grabbing parties and their relentless sycophants?

    I swear... the first party to actually be honest about what they can and cannot do will probably win the next Presidential election.
    Wow I agree with your assessment of Obama, he's all you say and then some.

    And thanks for making sure we knew you weren't talking about the GOP.

    I have been saying this stuff about Obama since early 2008.

    It's refreshing and encouraging to have so many people come around to the truth
    Last edited by Councilman; 09-26-10 at 03:55 PM.

  7. #227
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ya know, if I were trying to cover for Obama; the last thing I would do is say that he's too stupid to come up with his own, fresh ideas.
    He's not.

    BTW, what do the not-so-secret prisons have to do with the economy?
    What does anything in your post have to do with showing I'm wrong?

    So you do agree that Obama is in fact in lock step with Bush in many ways? Or are you going to act like your usual immature partisan self?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #228
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    LOL...tax cuts for who? My taxes sure as hell didn't go down.
    That's because you don't understand taxes as demonstrated time and time again by your posts. Generating more taxable income from prior year results in more taxes. But as marginal effective tax rates, you are pay less as a percent then you did last year.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #229
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Yay for fuzzy math!

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/26/op...partner=rssnyt

    Anyone who can do basic math (sorry, that excludes most people here) can tell this "pledge" is a sham. Without touching medicare, social security and defense, there's no way they can cut down the deficit. And if they get rid of Obamacare (which is little more then an old Republican idea), they have to make up the difference in cost savings from it.

    Without touching the big items, the GOP has to eliminate the rest of the government. No parks. No corporate subsidies. No homeland security. No SBA loans. No Congress. No Executive Branch. No Judicial System.

    Anyone who falls for this pledge is an idiot and should be taken for a ride. The GOP is just as worthless as the Dems and they think you're a bloody idiot. And you are in you think they have any chance of actually getting us anywhere near the black.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #230
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    if 30% of the stimulus was tax cuts, then 600B wasn't
    It was technically 36.6%.

    It's amusing watching people who want tax cuts attack Obama for giving tax cuts. Nothing he does will ever please you, even when it's the things you want. My the hypocrisy has shifted. Even more amusing, you people never gave Bush flak for doing the same things Obama is doing. Democrat doing the same thing we praised Bush for? No way we can praise him. He's a democrat. Ignore the fact the policies are the same.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •