Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 275

Thread: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

  1. #211
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    This is how I feel, but I know the answer is not the extreme Tea Party candidates that will easily be manipulated by GOP power brokers.

    These Tea Folk candidates talk in very broad strokes 'cut spending'.

    How, dummies?

    What's the solution, in your opinion? More government intervention in the private sector?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #212
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    the surest, shortest route to deficit reduction in 2011---repeal and replace

  3. #213
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    This is how I feel, but I know the answer is not the extreme Tea Party candidates that will easily be manipulated by GOP power brokers.

    These Tea Folk candidates talk in very broad strokes 'cut spending'.

    How, dummies?
    Our government always makes things too complicated. Look at our tax code. Look at the HC bill.
    I say "keep it simple, stupid" Stop spending! That's the first simple step.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #214
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    09-25-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    I've heard it said that the definition of crazy is to repeat an action over and over expecting a different result. It was the same old thing that got us into this mess so I'm not advising going back to what worked, but against the interests of the nation as a whole. I'm hoping that America wakes up to the need for change before November.

  5. #215
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    09-25-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    I've always been against the flat tax, but in light of a story on Kieth Olberman the other day which brought to light the fact that big businesses are changing their status to small business to manipulate tax policy, I've changed my mind. Now I say.....Sock it to em'.

  6. #216
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,131

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Show us which policies that came directly from Bush, or Republican congress critters that caused the recession. Thanks in advance.
    Financial crisis of 2007

    I voted against Obama. I did my part to try to help this country.
    Yeah, I don't think voting for McCain was any better a vote than voting for Obama.

    You claim that you're not a Democrat and you didn't vote for Obama, yet I've never seen you criticize any of his policies. I've only seen you support his policies.
    Which policies? Some I don't support and some I do. When it comes to a lot of policies, all you can really say is "let's wait and see" because outside of ideological speculation, you don't know whether they will succeed or not.

  7. #217
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    no one's a liberal, no one's an obama supporter...

    here we go again

    meanwhile, bernanke says he staved off a global meltdown

    which is why he signals a FURTHER fed purchase of treasuries THIS WEEK

    Bernanke Says U.S. Economic Growth Too Slow Even With Fed Bond Purchases - Bloomberg

    wake up

  8. #218
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters


  9. #219
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    today:

    (ap is not making up this stuff, y'know, it's not spin)

    My Way News - Regulators shut banks in Florida, Washington state

    fdic ponies up 30B more, backed by more shaky mortgages (in THIS still plunging housing market)

    127 banks have failed so far in 2010, expected to exceed the 140 in 09

    "the pace is accelerating"

    the fdic went into the red in 09, underwater by 21B

    the "problem list" of banks to worry about leapfrogged to 829 in the second quarter, up from 775 three months prior

    and yet the industry turned a profit of 22B, a full 20B of which was pocketed by the biggies, those with 10B+ of assetts, which make up only 1.3% of our institutions

    the too bigs are getting too bigger

    wake up

  10. #220
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    This doesn't look like a Pledge to America. It looks more like a Pledge to Pfizer, Goldman Sachs, and Chevron-Texaco.
    rhinos aren't pleased

    the most serious of the species are gonna have to support the party of pelosi, it appears

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •