Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 275

Thread: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What exactly did they do the two previous years while in control of the legislative process? Have you ever taken a civics class and learn about the three equal branches of govt?
    You mean the two years in which the GOP minority doubled the number of filibusters?? Those two years?

    Have you ever taken a civics class??

  2. #202
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Show us how the repubs created the recession.
    Glass

    Well technically Clinton bears some responsibility.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #203
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course they don't. They think we're all too stupid to understand how great Obama really is.
    If you bothered to pay any attention, you'd notice that Obama is getting increasing flak from the Left from following Bush. As many have finally realized, they voted for change and got Bush III.

    The funny **** here is that you hate Obama....yet he's literally lockstep with many of Bush's policies not to mention the past two years he's enacted many former Republican platforms. Obama acts like a Republican....and you call him a horrible president all while planning to vote for Republicans. Man, I wish I could sell this level of hypocrisy. I'd be rich.

    I guess the fact he's a Democrat is the only real reason you're against him.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #204
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    As for this pledge, it's theatrics. The GOP has proven itself incapable of fiscal conservatism. They left out the biggest drivers of the deficit. And supply side economics has never fixed a financial recession in history. Americans aren't that dumb, considering the poll showing an overwhelming majority of people who think it doesn't matter who controls Congress, they can't make it better.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #205
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Show us how the repubs created the recession.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, alot of Americans got fooled by a punk, with the gift for gab. Most of them now see that that's really his only talent.
    I'm not a Democrat and I didn't vote for Obama. However, if you two want to pretend that this recession is all his and the Democrats fault, then you are on your own. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. It's truly sad that you have no grasp how Bush and the Republicans had their share in the financial meltdown, the loss of jobs, and the slow growth we are facing now. I've said it many times before, both the Dems and GOP are bad for America. The fact that you are trying to make the downturn of the economy into a partisan issue demonstrates a willful ignorance on your part and a blind obedience to ideology which requires you to ignore current reality and history. That is the kind of attitude that gets dumbasses elected and which creates the kind of problems we face now. If you want to talk about taking responsibility, then shoulder some of your own. You contributed to this mess by not using that damn thing sitting on your necks and insisting on taking a dichotomous perspective of the world. There is no us versus them when we are ****ed by bad policy and leadership.

  6. #206
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx
    You've never heard that before?
    What a maroon! just kidding, I don't really think you're a maroon. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie
    I really DID do that. And it wasn't spelled wrong, ya maroon.
    LOL...No, I've never heard that before, but then again I don't have Bugs Bunny (looked it up...) on my FAV list on the remote...
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  7. #207
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Not that I'm a fan of Red State's Erick Erickson, but at least he recognizes it for what it's worth.

    "Yes, yes, it is full of mom tested, kid approved pablum that will make certain hearts on the right sing in solidarity."
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  8. #208
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    If you bothered to pay any attention, you'd notice that Obama is getting increasing flak from the Left from following Bush. As many have finally realized, they voted for change and got Bush III.

    The funny **** here is that you hate Obama....yet he's literally lockstep with many of Bush's policies not to mention the past two years he's enacted many former Republican platforms. Obama acts like a Republican....and you call him a horrible president all while planning to vote for Republicans. Man, I wish I could sell this level of hypocrisy. I'd be rich.

    I guess the fact he's a Democrat is the only real reason you're against him.
    Obama is in lockstep with Bush? LMAO!!!! Never heard that talking point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #209
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm not a Democrat and I didn't vote for Obama. However, if you two want to pretend that this recession is all his and the Democrats fault, then you are on your own. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. It's truly sad that you have no grasp how Bush and the Republicans had their share in the financial meltdown, the loss of jobs, and the slow growth we are facing now. I've said it many times before, both the Dems and GOP are bad for America. The fact that you are trying to make the downturn of the economy into a partisan issue demonstrates a willful ignorance on your part and a blind obedience to ideology which requires you to ignore current reality and history. That is the kind of attitude that gets dumbasses elected and which creates the kind of problems we face now.
    Show us which policies that came directly from Bush, or Republican congress critters that caused the recession. Thanks in advance.

    If you want to talk about taking responsibility, then shoulder some of your own. You contributed to this mess by not using that damn thing sitting on your necks and insisting on taking a dichotomous perspective of the world. There is no us versus them when we are ****ed by bad policy and leadership.
    I voted against Obama. I did my part to try to help this country.

    You claim that you're not a Democrat and you didn't vote for Obama, yet I've never seen you criticize any of his policies. I've only seen you support his policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    As for this pledge, it's theatrics. The GOP has proven itself incapable of fiscal conservatism. They left out the biggest drivers of the deficit. And supply side economics has never fixed a financial recession in history. Americans aren't that dumb, considering the poll showing an overwhelming majority of people who think it doesn't matter who controls Congress, they can't make it better.
    This is how I feel, but I know the answer is not the extreme Tea Party candidates that will easily be manipulated by GOP power brokers.

    These Tea Folk candidates talk in very broad strokes 'cut spending'.

    How, dummies?

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •