Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 275

Thread: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

  1. #121
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm afraid not. You've excused bush in the apst. I have consistently said no president controls the economy. You argue tax cuts grow the economy with no evidence to support it. Not to mention Bush cut taxes and the economy went south anyway.

    No, your hypocrracy is what we see here.

    You can't cut taxes and increase spending at the same time. The Republicans blew it, they know it, and they have promised to change.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  2. #122
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    You can't cut taxes and increase spending at the same time. The Republicans blew it, they know it, and they have promised to change.
    A promise they've made before. Why would you trust them now?

    And sure, you can cut taxes and increase spending. Bush and republicans did just that. And you cut spending and raise taxes. No one has done that yet. And republicans won't likely. But regardless of which not likely group we elect, they won't do **** as long as we hold to party stupidity over consistent demand for action.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A promise they've made before. Why would you trust them now?

    And sure, you can cut taxes and increase spending. Bush and republicans did just that. And you cut spending and raise taxes. No one has done that yet. And republicans won't likely. But regardless of which not likely group we elect, they won't do **** as long as we hold to party stupidity over consistent demand for action.
    Because what we have in power now hasn't worked. The results of the last two years speak for themselves. still waiting for you to name the economic policies and predictions made by Obama that have been successful or accurate?

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, the numbers apparently don't matter to you nor do the facts, the recession began in December 2007 a year after Democrats won control of Congress. Prior to December the numbers look pretty darn good. Keep running from the Democrat record which shows the economy worse this year than in 2009. That to a Democrat is progress?
    Economic principles are apparently over your head. The policies that lead to the recession were in place way before 2007.

    'looked pretty darn good' ??? Are you ****ing serious. The entire country was living on credit!!! We were fighting two unfunded wars!

    Funds were leveraged 30 to 1!!!???!!!

    Things looked pretty good on the titanic, even after they hit the iceberg, most people thought it was just a delay...

  5. #125
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because what we have in power now hasn't worked. The results of the last two years speak for themselves. still waiting for you to name the economic policies and predictions made by Obama that have been successful or accurate?
    two years in? How long were you willing to give republcians, who clearly lied to you (remember that contract thingie?).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #126
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Forgive me if it's been already said in the thread (I'm pressed for time and can't read every post), but all I see here is history repeating itself. I seem to recall another "contract with American" with sleazeball Gingerich and the repubs. As far as I know it was a flop.

    There needs to be a purge of senators and congressmen and women from BOTH parties. They still don't get it.

  7. #127
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Economic principles are apparently over your head. The policies that lead to the recession were in place way before 2007.

    'looked pretty darn good' ??? Are you ****ing serious. The entire country was living on credit!!! We were fighting two unfunded wars!

    Funds were leveraged 30 to 1!!!???!!!

    Things looked pretty good on the titanic, even after they hit the iceberg, most people thought it was just a delay...
    What did "your" party do to stop those economic policies that you claim led to the problems we have today and what has "your" President done to make things better? Are the results better today than last year?

  8. #128
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    two years in? How long were you willing to give republcians, who clearly lied to you (remember that contract thingie?).
    Show me one economic policy that has made things better since the Democrats took control of Congress in 2007? You do know where legislation begins, right?

    By the way it has been four years since Democrats controlled Congress!
    Last edited by Conservative; 09-24-10 at 01:08 PM.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Show me one economic policy that has made things better since the Democrats took control of Congress in 2007? You do know where legislation begins, right?

    By the way it has been four years since Democrats controlled Congress!
    Having control of congress isn't having complete control. there was a republican president, so they share balem during those two years, if there is blame to be had. But again, you're arguing government is the answer, right?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Having control of congress isn't having complete control. there was a republican president, so they share balem during those two years, if there is blame to be had. But again, you're arguing government is the answer, right?
    I am proving you wrong and totally ignorant of basic civics and economics. What legislation did the Democrats submit that was stopped by Bush?

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •