Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Jon Stewart tells Oprah he won't run for public office

  1. #21
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Jon Stewart tells Oprah he won't run for public office

    LOL

    Oprah and Jon Stewart trying to convince each other they are relevant.

    Oprah, keep doing home makers, and Jon, just tell the jokes. We'll call you if we need you.

    LOL

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Jon Stewart tells Oprah he won't run for public office

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    LOL

    Oprah and Jon Stewart trying to convince each other they are relevant.

    Oprah, keep doing home makers, and Jon, just tell the jokes. We'll call you if we need you.

    LOL
    He literally said the exact opposite, how do you pull that out of what was said?

    And since when did you turn into the Prof.

  3. #23
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Jon Stewart tells Oprah he won't run for public office

    Anyone who would possibly ever even consider voting for this goof ball needs to have a serious mental evaluation.

    Just in case the supporters of this wholly unqualified imbecile didn't know it Stewart doesn't write his own material he has a staff or writers. He's really no smarter than a dead rock.

    Definition: Dead Rock= a rock from the Pleistocene Epoch that has long since cooled and just lies there motionless for eons.

  4. #24
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Jon Stewart tells Oprah he won't run for public office

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Anyone who would possibly ever even consider voting for this goof ball needs to have a serious mental evaluation.

    Just in case the supporters of this wholly unqualified imbecile didn't know it Stewart doesn't write his own material he has a staff or writers. He's really no smarter than a dead rock.

    Definition: Dead Rock= a rock from the Pleistocene Epoch that has long since cooled and just lies there motionless for eons.
    He says he isn't running for office and you guys still have to make stabs at him and his audience, grow up already. The guy says stuff you don't agree with, that doesn't make him an imbecile that is as smart as a dead rock.

    Intelligent analogy there by the way...as smart as a dead rock, and you are calling people imbeciles?
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  5. #25
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Jon Stewart tells Oprah he won't run for public office

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    He says he isn't running for office and you guys still have to make stabs at him and his audience, grow up already. The guy says stuff you don't agree with, that doesn't make him an imbecile that is as smart as a dead rock.

    Intelligent analogy there by the way...as smart as a dead rock, and you are calling people imbeciles?
    Sying really stupid things and blindly attacking solid Americans who are also not running for office makes him and the rest of the idiots in the 5th column Obamedia like Olberman, that Gay guy with the tingle upp his leg when he looks at Obama and most of the lefies who have attacked with name calling and lies just because they Conservatives.

    Oh that's right your group can call people names make wild unfounded accusations and spread hate through the land give Obama a standing ovation when he's defying the the will of the people but if we have an opinion of some fool we don't have the right.

    Typical tactics of the Obamaniacs who can only follow orders rather than do their own thinking, and it's sad because when the Socialist/Marxist gets his way if we can't stop the Anti-American 8in Nov. those on the left will suffer when the collapse comes, and the gulags are filling.

  6. #26
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Jon Stewart tells Oprah he won't run for public office

    "The more I move away from comedy, the less competent I become. I would lose my mind almost immediately... Also, why the **** would I give up my multi-million dollar paycheck for a chance at a ****ty job with 1/20th the salary? Have you seen the house I bought with this laugh money? Big ballin, bitches."
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #27
    Advisor Binky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the land that is now.
    Last Seen
    07-19-14 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    595
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Jon Stewart tells Oprah he won't run for public office

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    The quote below is from Jon's appearance on Oprah, September 21, 2010.

    "I deny that I am powerful. Power implies an agenda that's being acted on. Every generation has had its people who stand at the back and make fun of those in charge. When the Nazis came to power in the '30s, it created an incredible underground scene of satirical comedy. Peter Cook [a British comedian] once said with a straight face, 'Yes, they really showed Hitler.' That's how I see it. I'm not saying I'm powerless and in a vacuum. But if I really wanted to change things, I'd run for office. I haven't considered that, and I wouldn't — because this is what I do well. The more I move away from comedy, the less competent I become. I would lose my mind almost immediately. My job is I make jokes. I don't solve problems. If my job became solving problems, I would suddenly become a lot less good at what I do, unless the problem being had by the country was a lack of jokes."


    News - Jon Stewart: I Will "Never Run" for Public Office - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com


    Oddly enough, I can certainly relate to that. He's good at what he does. He's successful at it and has made a good living off of silly jokes. Sometimes something is lost in the transition when one leaves his/her chosen field to try another. Often times, it just doesn't work. My guess is if he were to pursue politics he'd fall flat on his face. I can't see him as a politician trying to be serious. They'd prob'ly run him out of town on his ear...

  8. #28
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,795

    Re: Jon Stewart tells Oprah he won't run for public office

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    He literally said the exact opposite, how do you pull that out of what was said?

    And since when did you turn into the Prof.
    Don't.... don't try and make sense out of what these people say.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #29
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Jon Stewart tells Oprah he won't run for public office

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Why not Run we already have one imbecilic Left wing Comic dumb ass in the Senate "Harry Reid" and I almost forgot about Al (the REAL super idiot) Frankin.

    Was he there to get Opra's blessing after all she is calling all the shots for Obama.



    The more the scarier.

    You forgot all the clowns in the Party of No.........
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #30
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Jon Stewart tells Oprah he won't run for public office

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Sying really stupid things and blindly attacking solid Americans who are also not running for office makes him and the rest of the idiots in the 5th column Obamedia like Olberman, that Gay guy with the tingle upp his leg when he looks at Obama and most of the lefies who have attacked with name calling and lies just because they Conservatives.

    Oh that's right your group can call people names make wild unfounded accusations and spread hate through the land give Obama a standing ovation when he's defying the the will of the people but if we have an opinion of some fool we don't have the right.

    Typical tactics of the Obamaniacs who can only follow orders rather than do their own thinking, and it's sad because when the Socialist/Marxist gets his way if we can't stop the Anti-American 8in Nov. those on the left will suffer when the collapse comes, and the gulags are filling.
    It's a political satirist Councilman, his job is to make fun of people. If he doesn't say stuff you like then forget about him..I don't go around stomping my feet because I don't agree with Beck and O'Reilly, I just ignore them and don't watch their show..It's really that simple.
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •