Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 115

Thread: Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan war

  1. #41
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan w

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    on sunday, sept 20, 2009, barack hussein went on FIVE sunday talk shows

    it was in the midst of his dithering days, the msm were all over for him for NOT being able to decide exactly what to do about OBAMA'S WAR

    pressed by gibson and stephy and john king, et al, that long ago sunday, obama offered word for word his same explanation---he was awaiting a "top to bottom review" he'd requested from his commander in the field who was general stanley mcchrystal at the time

    well, the NEXT DAY, monday, sept 21, BOB WOODWARD in wapo LEAKED "stanley mcchrystal's secret assessment"

    McChrystal: More Forces or 'Mission Failure' - washingtonpost.com

    it turns out, woodward waylaid, that for a month obnoxious obama had been SITTING ON the "top to bottom review" he said he was waiting for and needed to be able to make his "rational" decision

    he LIED

    mcchrystal's SECRET ASSESSMENT, woodward revealed, called for obama to send reinforcements FAST else face the certain prospect of LOSING OBAMA'S WAR

    these developments, mcchrystal's report and woodward's leak, more than anything else pushed our perplexed president, precipitated the putz' ultimate decision to surge, ie, ESCALATE

    are these the people not giving the president the plans he asked for?

    or are they the ones giving him plans he didn't ask for?

    embarrassed yet?

    either way, it's clear the doofus does not know what he's doing

    and our soldiers are sacrificing ultimately for it

    ie, for nothing

    what do YOU think of THAT?
    You say that our soldiers are sacrificing for nothing because of the CiC. I say our soldiers are sacrificing for nothing because they are fighting in Afghanistan. If McCain was CiC, it wouldn't change a thing.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan w

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    You say that our soldiers are sacrificing for nothing because of the CiC. I say our soldiers are sacrificing for nothing because they are fighting in Afghanistan. If McCain was CiC, it wouldn't change a thing.
    IF's are for little girls

    afghanistan is a loser no matter who's waging it

    ask gorby, ask disraeli

    IF maverick mccain were running this war, however, i guarantee you it would not look like THIS

    for whatever less-than-two-cents that's worth

    obama's heart is not in this war: bob woodward (based on months of investigating, tens of interviews, countless sources...)

    man up
    Last edited by The Prof; 09-23-10 at 02:30 PM.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan w

    Who are we at war with? Which country?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Last Seen
    10-08-10 @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1

    Re: Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan w

    I wouldn't really consider Afghanistan a country...

  5. #45
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan w

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    You say that our soldiers are sacrificing for nothing because of the CiC. I say our soldiers are sacrificing for nothing because they are fighting in Afghanistan. If McCain was CiC, it wouldn't change a thing.
    What does being in Afghanistan have to do with anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #46
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan w

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You obviously seem to be a connoisseur of how war use to be done.
    Whoa...there!. I'm just some random dude that has some formal training by, the Israelis. Period

    So what is it? Rapes or genocides? Bombing anything that moves or waiting to get on the ground and burning entire villages? Please enlighten me. I'm dying to know. Are you suggesting we go back to how war use to be done or not? Do the means justify the ends for you? Cause if you're willing to have dead kids, destroyed villages, raped women on your conscience - hey - more power to you. But I personally won't support a government who sanctions and covers up atrocities just so a few people can get the satisfaction of saying they liberated some ****hole in the backwoods of the world.
    Quite frankly, I haven't seen much effectiveness in this new way of world thinking. Kicking ass and making it stick still seems awfully effective when you do it with vigor and conviction. Half measures simply don't work at all. We kicked Germany's ass and imposed our rule. We decided that the laws that were legally enacted by the German government were illegal, and anyone who obeyed them was a war criminal and then we hung a bunch of dudes for following their laws. Lest I sound like a defender of Nazi-ism, I am not. I just think we should have been more honest about it and simply said we ****ING won, we don't like what you did so we are going to hang your sorry ass. Tough **** if you don't like it. We won.

    Fast forward - Our Global War on Terror (GWOT) will be the same as our long running war on drugs, war against organized crime, etc. There are tactical victories here and there, but the underlying problem remains. We will never wipe the ideas of radical Islam from the face of the Earth just like Communism didn't disappear at the end of the Cold War.

    We no longer are the economic powerhouse we were after WWII where we could fund massive commitments of deployed military or pay for a military that can do everything well. Tough strategic choices must be made......So, basically what, I'm saying is that we shouldn't be involved in wars of occupation and propping up a regime. Blow the hell out of nations that make themselves into threats and let them rebuild themselves with the warning that they control their people and ambitions or it happens again.

  7. #47
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan w

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    That would be the people who were giving the presidents plans he did not ask for and not giving him the plans he did ask for.
    IOW, he didn't dig what they had to tell him, therefore, they were being insubordinate? You need to learn what, "insubordinate", really means...

    Insubordination doesn't equate to telling the president what he doesn't want to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan w

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Weird, how in getting tfo of Afghanistan it would seem to me PBO knew exactly what he was doing.
    Any dumbass can sound the retreat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #49
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan w

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    IF's are for little girls

    afghanistan is a loser no matter who's waging it

    ask gorby, ask disraeli

    IF maverick mccain were running this war, however, i guarantee you it would not look like THIS

    for whatever less-than-two-cents that's worth

    obama's heart is not in this war: bob woodward (based on months of investigating, tens of interviews, countless sources...)

    man up
    Obama's heart is not in the Afghanistan war. This is true. This is what Woodward is saying. It might be difficult to be briefed daily on the US troop casualties (why is the word fatalities not used? Casualties sounds so casual).

    Anyone remember: "Hey, hey, LBJ. How many kids did you kill today?" That drove Johnson crazy. He was despondently depressed during those years.

    Do you want to be the guy in charge of the casualty lists? Not to mention the seriously maimed.

  10. #50
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan w

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What does being in Afghanistan have to do with anything?
    That just so happens to be where the war is at.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •