Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 514

Thread: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

  1. #1
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    This is great news for the guys the repeal of DADT actually affects and not the bureacrats or liberals in Washington..........

    'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt - Josh Gerstein and Scott Wong - POLITICO.com


    By JOSH GERSTEIN & SCOTT WONG | 9/21/10 12:08 PM EDT
    An effort to repeal the military’s “don’t ask don’t tell” policy was poised to go down to defeat Tuesday afternoon, with Senate Democrats and Republicans squaring off in a party line procedural vote.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #2
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Yes no activist judges. Let the Congress vote.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #3
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    The Senate just voted and the dems only got 56 votes so DADT is still law.............A win for the troops in the field and the sailors on ships who are the ones affected if DADT goes away...........Senator McCain was huge in defeating this bill..............God Bless him.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #4
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The Senate just voted and the dems only got 56 votes so DADT is still law.............A win for the troops in the field and the sailors on ships who are the ones affected if DADT goes away...........Senator McCain was huge in defeating this bill..............God Bless him.............
    and god bless bigots. they need his blessing.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #5
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Navy you talk as if an overwhelming majority of service members are against the repeal of DADT...last I checked the Pentagons study has yet to come out so how exactly is this a "win" for the troops?
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  6. #6
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Navy you talk as if an overwhelming majority of service members are against the repeal of DADT...last I checked the Pentagons study has yet to come out so how exactly is this a "win" for the troops?
    because now they don't have to be scared the geigh might be contagious.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #7
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Wow did not take long for the name calling to start...three posts........And you lefties call us the intolerant ones..............what a joke............

    Seriously though...Why not let the military itself with the survey decide the issue? That is who it affects.....Why does a bunch of fat cats and liberals decide the issue?

    Again the left is playing politics with the military to get the gay vote..............disgusting............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #8
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Wow did not take long for the name calling to start...three posts........And you lefties call us the intolerant ones..............what a joke............

    Seriously though...Why not let the military itself with the survey decide the issue? That is who it affects.....Why does a bunch of fat cats and liberals decide the issue?

    Again the left is playing politics with the military to get the gay vote..............disgusting............
    well....YOU are the one who gay bashes, i'd call that intolerant, wouldn't you? i think the righties are playing politics to get the CLOSETED gay vote, don't you?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #9
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    One executive order will fix this mess. Well until a different president takes away the executive order.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Navy you talk as if an overwhelming majority of service members are against the repeal of DADT...last I checked the Pentagons study has yet to come out so how exactly is this a "win" for the troops?
    I talk to service members all the time and they are dead against the repeal........Its true I don't know how it will come out...Why not wait for the survey of the tropps to be finished to decide.........Its all politics by your side my left wing friend........The left could give a **** less how the military feels..That is the sad part............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •