Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 514

Thread: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

  1. #451
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    First of all Redress is a female..............Secondly I know nothing about lesbians in the Navy....My problem is with gay men serving openly aboard ship in the Navy..
    Hey Navy. Did you know the survey of military personal is now done and the results are now "statistically significant" but not entirely done? Did you know the results will be released Dec 1? Did you know that the survey had exactly nothing to do with whether the military should repeal DADT, but with how to do so?

    Pentagon Reviews Results of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Survey - Yahoo! News

    Not looking good for those opposed to gays serving openly.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #452
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    First of all Redress is a female..............Secondly I know nothing about lesbians in the Navy....My problem is with gay men serving openly aboard ship.......
    Did I miss where Redress stated this or admitted what sex he/she really is or are you just assuming this?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #453
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey Navy. Did you know the survey of military personal is now done and the results are now "statistically significant" but not entirely done? Did you know the results will be released Dec 1? Did you know that the survey had exactly nothing to do with whether the military should repeal DADT, but with how to do so?

    Pentagon Reviews Results of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Survey - Yahoo! News

    Not looking good for those opposed to gays serving openly.
    I don't read it the same way you do Redress...........Did tou read this sentence:


    Mullen said the Pentagon now has enough data to be statistically significant. The information, which Mullen said he hoped would help guide the legislative process, will be used in implementing a new policy.

    Implementing a new policy does not mean DADT is finished............It means there will be a policy change...we chall see what it is..................
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #454
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Did I miss where Redress stated this or admitted what sex he/she really is or are you just assuming this?
    I don't know why this bothers you so much but she has said she is female...............If you don't believe me you so much why don't you send her a PM............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #455
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey Navy. Did you know the survey of military personal is now done and the results are now "statistically significant" but not entirely done? Did you know the results will be released Dec 1? Did you know that the survey had exactly nothing to do with whether the military should repeal DADT, but with how to do so?

    Pentagon Reviews Results of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Survey - Yahoo! News

    Not looking good for those opposed to gays serving openly.
    Another thing, you don't have the votes in the senate and after November you never will...........your liberal friends in the senate are gutless.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #456
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Another thing, you don't have the votes in the senate and after November you never will...........your liberal friends in the senate are gutless.............
    Why are you assuming that every Repulican politician is automatically against this? There are a lot of Republicans that are quite alright with allowing gays to serve openly in the military. And there are at least some Repulican politicians that would vote for it if the military gives it its blessing, which seems to be about to happen. There are a good number of military brass (I know not all of them) who are for this.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #457
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't know why this bothers you so much but she has said she is female...............If you don't believe me you so much why don't you send her a PM............
    It bothers me that you feel that you have to have two different standards on this issue. You are automatically discounting anyone who is or might be female who served just so that you can say "well I only care about how male personnel feel". The reality is NP, that the military will never just tell gay women that they can serve openly but then tell gay men that they can't. That would be discrimination. Besides that, I would love to see research done on why openly serving gay men would harm morale but openly serving gay women won't. Not that there has ever been any real research done that even suggests that openly serving gay servicemembers of either gender have ever harmed morale.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #458
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't read it the same way you do Redress...........Did tou read this sentence:


    Mullen said the Pentagon now has enough data to be statistically significant. The information, which Mullen said he hoped would help guide the legislative process, will be used in implementing a new policy.

    Implementing a new policy does not mean DADT is finished............It means there will be a policy change...we chall see what it is..................
    I did read that, and in fact referred to it directly in my post. The policy change that will come is the end of DADT. That is where this is headed, that was the purpose of the survey and the Pentagon/DoD review.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #459
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Another thing, you don't have the votes in the senate and after November you never will...........your liberal friends in the senate are gutless.............
    Do you know why it failed this time Navy? Did it have something to do with procedures and that ass Reid trying to set things up for a pet program of his? Is there already enough votes in the Senate if the procedural crap is left out of it?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #460
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did read that, and in fact referred to it directly in my post. The policy change that will come is the end of DADT. That is where this is headed, that was the purpose of the survey and the Pentagon/DoD review.
    The way I read it is there will be a policy change but whether it will be DADT is up for debate.....The purpose of the survey was to find out how military personnel felt about the issue..................
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •