Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 514

Thread: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

  1. #351
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,334

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Isnt homosexuality supposed to be 'natural'? How do you practice it?
    It occurs in nature therefore it is natural. If you want to argue a telelogical deifnition of natural, then I suggest you use the word "design".

  2. #352
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    57,330

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The whole point of DADT was that the military was not suppose to go out of its way to investigate whether or not you are gay. That is the whole, "Don't Ask" part. The military has failed to follow up on its end of the deal considering that vindictive soldiers outing people as gay, people seeing a same sex marriage certificate through a window, and searching private e-mails has become the standard by which the military can kick people out.
    And, you know that, how?? Because of your personal military experience, or the reports by Left Wing state media?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Interpreting the constitution is the sole job of the SCOTUS. That is what they are there for.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok...where does Article 3 of The Constitution say interpret?

  3. #353
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    The Obama Presidency. Minute by Minute | POLITICO 44

    OBAMA HECKLED: NEW YORK – President Barack Obama was heckled multiple times during his speech at a Democratic fundraiser in one of the country’s most Democratic cities.

    They held signs and interrupted his speech to protest AIDS funding and the stalled repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell,” the policy banning gays for serving openly in the military that he has promised to repeal.

    Obama showed a flash of irritation after he was forced repeatedly off his prepared remarks. “This is not the time or the place to do what you’re talking about,” he said to the “young lady” shouting at him about AIDS funding.

    He also tried to make the most of the moment by pointing out that Republicans would be further away from the protesters on both of the issues they were complaining about.
    can you blame em for feeling strung along?

    barack hussein obama has NO understanding of american politics, half the contributors to this thread play the game better

    sorry

  4. #354
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The whole point of DADT was that the military was not suppose to go out of its way to investigate whether or not you are gay. That is the whole, "Don't Ask" part. The military has failed to follow up on its end of the deal considering that vindictive soldiers outing people as gay, people seeing a same sex marriage certificate through a window, and searching private e-mails has become the standard by which the military can kick people out.
    Ahh, I take it you saw that video clip of McCain in filliblustering denile when the facts were slapping him the face.....

    John McCain Gets Heated Over Don't Ask Don't Tell - ABC News

  5. #355
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Barack Obama heckled in Manhattan - Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com

    NEW YORK – President Barack Obama was heckled multiple times during his speech at a Democratic fundraiser in one of the country’s most Democratic cities.

    Demonstrators held signs that said “Broken Promises” and interrupted his speech to protest AIDS funding and the stalled repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell,” the policy banning gays from serving openly in the military that Obama has promised to lift.

    Obama showed a flash of irritation after he was forced repeatedly off his prepared remarks. “We listened to you, we heard your point,” he told the “young lady” who continued shouting at him about AIDS funding. “This is not the time or the place to do what you’re talking about.”

    The president pointed out that this week Senate Republicans blocked Democrats’ attempt to begin debating a bill that would have moved toward repealing the policy.

    “And as a consequence some of those signs should be going up at the other folks’ event. Folks should be hollering at the other folks’ event,” he said, “because the choice in November could not be clearer.”

    The heckling inside the ballroom at the Roosevelt Hotel began almost immediately at the start of Obama’s speech, when a woman began shouting, "President Obama, President Obama" and several men held up signs, including “No retreat, fund AIDS.” The woman eventually stopped shouting, but the men continued to hold up their signs, printed out on letter-sized sheets of paper.

    “We need your energy and enthusiasm,” he told the 550 donors who had paid $100 to hear him speak.

    Rep. Charlie Rangel, who has tangled publicly with Obama over Rangel’s ethics woes, was in the audience.

    Obama singled him out by name first as he praised New York’s “unbelievable delegation.”
    still not embarrassed?

    just what will it take?

  6. #356
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,334

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, you know that, how?? Because of your personal military experience, or the reports by Left Wing state media?
    Because of a federal court case.

    Some other interesting things that came to light as a result of the federal judge's ruling...

    1. The military would still deploy personnel that were known to be gay. If or when those troops returned from deployment the military would then begin prosecution. Pretty stupid thing to delay discharge if your logic is that openly gay soldiers hurt unit cohesion.

    2. Most open showers have a solitary shower that a soldier can choose to use.

    3. Most barracks have the same design as your standard college dorm room. Somehow college students manage to room with gay roommates without throwing too much of a hissy fit.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 09-22-10 at 08:58 PM.

  7. #357
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,334

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Ahh, I take it you saw that video clip of McCain in filliblustering denile when the facts were slapping him the face.....

    John McCain Gets Heated Over Don't Ask Don't Tell - ABC News
    That is fun stuff.

  8. #358
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    19,018

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Does this mean that the reactionaries are mounting a rearguard action?
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that comes in a bucket.

  9. #359
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    57,330

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Because of a federal court case.

    Some other interesting things that came to light as a result of the federal judge's ruling...

    1. The military would still deploy personnel that were known to be gay. If or when those troops returned from deployment the military would then begin prosecution. Pretty stupid thing to delay discharge if your logic is that openly gay soldiers hurt unit cohesion.

    2. Most open showers have a solitary shower that a soldier can choose to use.

    3. Most barracks have the same design as your standard college dorm room. Somehow college students manage to room with gay roommates without throwing too much of a hissy fit.
    And, that court case would be? Care to provide a link that supports any of the crap you just posted?? I'm bettin' you don't.

    2. Most open showers have a solitary shower that a soldier can choose to use.
    In 12 years? I never saw that. Care to prove it?
    Last edited by apdst; 09-22-10 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Interpreting the constitution is the sole job of the SCOTUS. That is what they are there for.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok...where does Article 3 of The Constitution say interpret?

  10. #360
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,334

    Re: 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, that court case would be? Care to provide a link that supports any of the crap you just posted?? I'm bettin' you don't.
    Judge rules ban on gays in military unconstitutional | Reuters

    Federal Judge Rules Military Gay Ban is Unconstitutional

    Military discharges sergeant after cops out her - SFGate
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 09-22-10 at 09:40 PM.

Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •