Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Well Is Sealed; Tale Isn't Over

  1. #1
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Well Is Sealed; Tale Isn't Over

    Thank God it's plugged for good, now Obama can finely get some rest. He did say he wouldn't rest until it was plugged for good.

    Yes it must have been pure HELL for him on his 7 vacations he has taken while the oil was leaking not to be able to rest. Poor, poor thing.

    Now if he would get off the idiotic idea that he's doing a good thing by throwing all the oil workers out of a job because he banded all drilling.

    It is actually very good news for the animal life and the future of fishing etc, if they can get most of the oil off the bottom.




    Gulf Well Is Sealed - WSJ.com

    BP PLC's rogue Gulf of Mexico well was declared permanently sealed Sunday as a page turned on a disaster that fouled huge swaths of the Gulf Coast, damaged the Obama White House and rocked the U.S. oil industry.

    The U.S. government's point man for the spill-response effort said Sunday that BP had killed the well by pumping in mud and cement from below through a relief well.

    BP's well "is effectively dead," said Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen in a statement after tests verified the strength of a cement plug placed at its bottom.

    "Additional regulatory steps will be undertaken, but we can now state, definitively, that the Macondo well poses no continuing threat to the Gulf of Mexico," he said.
    Last edited by Councilman; 09-20-10 at 02:24 AM.

  2. #2
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Well Is Sealed; Tale Isn't Over

    lets play "what if?"...What if Obama doesn't issue the moratorium on off shore drilling and yet another spill happens, unlikely yes, impossible no, imagine exactly what would happen to him then.. There would be a lynch mob lined up from Louisiana to the White House calling for his head.
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  3. #3
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Well Is Sealed; Tale Isn't Over

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    lets play "what if?"...What if Obama doesn't issue the moratorium on off shore drilling and yet another spill happens, unlikely yes, impossible no, imagine exactly what would happen to him then.. There would be a lynch mob lined up from Louisiana to the White House calling for his head.
    If you have been listening to what Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana is saying they are just about to that point right now. There is no reason to shut down all the drilling. Obama did this because in my opinion it fits his agenda to completely wreck the economy as outlined in the Cloward & Pevin strategy, so he can turn this into a total Socialist/Marxist Nation.

    So far everything he has done points that way, but with a little luck his is about to run out come Nov.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Well Is Sealed; Tale Isn't Over

    Well ignoring the obvious fact that Obama can only do so much personally regarding an oil cap operation, what do you want him to do exactly? Swim down there himself?

    Anyway, I think its a prudent move. There's a reason that when a product goes wrong, all units are recalled, because they are all made the exact same way, so if there's a problem with the equipment on that rig than there could be similar problems on the other. So until an investigation is done, I think its a safe move.

    And I forgot, you're a complete conspiracy nut on par with 9/11 truthers.

  5. #5
    User justonemorevoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    01-11-11 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    115

    Re: Well Is Sealed; Tale Isn't Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Well ignoring the obvious fact that Obama can only do so much personally regarding an oil cap operation, what do you want him to do exactly? Swim down there himself?

    Anyway, I think its a prudent move. There's a reason that when a product goes wrong, all units are recalled, because they are all made the exact same way, so if there's a problem with the equipment on that rig than there could be similar problems on the other. So until an investigation is done, I think its a safe move.

    And I forgot, you're a complete conspiracy nut on par with 9/11 truthers.
    of course. they want him to swim down there and plug it with his ass. :P

  6. #6
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Well Is Sealed; Tale Isn't Over

    washingtonpost.com

    Even aboard the Development Driller III - the ship that drilled the relief well and allowed crews to pump in the cement for the plug - celebrations were muted.

    "It's kind of bittersweet because we lost 11 men out here," said Rich Robson, the offshore installation manager on the vessel. "There isn't going to be any real celebration. To a lot of people, the water out here is a cemetery."
    RIP

  7. #7
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Well Is Sealed; Tale Isn't Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Obama did this because in my opinion it fits his agenda to completely wreck the economy as outlined in the Cloward & Pevin strategy, so he can turn this into a total Socialist/Marxist Nation.
    Yeah, yeah, and George Bush hates black people, we get it...

  8. #8
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Well Is Sealed; Tale Isn't Over

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    lets play "what if?"...What if Obama doesn't issue the moratorium on off shore drilling and yet another spill happens, unlikely yes, impossible no, imagine exactly what would happen to him then.. There would be a lynch mob lined up from Louisiana to the White House calling for his head.
    I think you're being a little too dramatic, but the message he did send the nation, with the moratoirum, is that he's not afraid to kill jobs, if it supports his agenda. And, if he's not afraid to kill ours, then he's not afraid to kill your's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Well Is Sealed; Tale Isn't Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Well ignoring the obvious fact that Obama can only do so much personally regarding an oil cap operation, what do you want him to do exactly? Swim down there himself?

    Anyway, I think its a prudent move. There's a reason that when a product goes wrong, all units are recalled, because they are all made the exact same way, so if there's a problem with the equipment on that rig than there could be similar problems on the other. So until an investigation is done, I think its a safe move.

    And I forgot, you're a complete conspiracy nut on par with 9/11 truthers.
    Fine, recall all the products from this line. Don't shutdown every product like it, regardless of make, model and maufacturer.

    But, since it's Obama, it makes perfect sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Well Is Sealed; Tale Isn't Over

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Fine, recall all the products from this line. Don't shutdown every product like it, regardless of make, model and maufacturer.

    But, since it's Obama, it makes perfect sense.
    Its not even entirely clear what went wrong and what systems and machines failed. The only investigation out so far is BP's own, which is of questionable reliability. Now personally I don't know everything or much about deep sea oil drilling, same as you, however I do know that the technology is very high tech and there's not a lot of room for diversity, as it they all work relatively the same way. Its not like a car where you have a million and one ways to build it, its very specific precision technology.

    Plus its not just about the technology involved there's strong evidence of lack of serious oversight for that technology, so the technology may work perfectly fine but the oversight in the government which makes sure companies like BP aren't cutting corners may not be up to snuff. That has to be reevaluated too. And pending that investigation into those oversight agencies, there may be a lot of head rolling and restructuring.

    Lastly, the "ban" isn't a ban on oil drilling at all. Its a ban on new expansion, current wells in the Gulf will continue without interruption.

    Now I disagree with a permanent ban, I think the US should do all it can to lessen or remove foreign energy dependency. However I don't know enough about the industry or the technology to estimate what would be an acceptable time period for completing these tasks. But yes sooner rather than later I'd like to see the drilling resume in the Gulf and in Alaska. Both for energy and people's jobs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •