Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 117

Thread: Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal'

  1. #11
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Now flicking through their website, it appears they don't just target conservatives as I'm sure that accusation was coming.

    In fact here's a list of who they believe to be congress' most corrupt

    •Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-FL)
    •Sen. Roland Burris (D-IL)
    •Rep. Ken Calvert (R-CA)
    •Rep. Nathan Deal (R-GA)
    •Sen. John Ensign (R-NV)
    •Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL)
    •Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
    •Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
    •Rep. Alan B. Mollohan (D-WV)
    •Rep. John P. Murtha (D-PA)
    •Rep. Charles B. Rangel (D-NY)
    •Rep. Laura Richardson (D-CA)
    •Rep. Pete Visclosky (D-IN)
    •Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA)
    •Rep. Don Young (R-AK)

    So, as I have illustrated.

    Hopefully this isn't about politics, but about actual ethics.

    But nothing has been proven, we shall wait and see.
    Hey - 7/8 count. Almost even.
    The affirmation that corruption is bi-partisan is so comforting.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal'

    Great so newsbusters attacks the messenger

    What about addressing the accusations instead?

  3. #13
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal'

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I don't think anybody or anything is truly non-partisan, so can we dispense with that red herring?

    Jet's point is that they're not all about attacking one side or the other, that both parties have felt the sting of their wrath, such as it is.

    That's a point you can't simply dismiss.
    Watchdog, Donors Share Common Foes - Roll Call

    Here, read this bit eh?

    The ethics watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington has made its mark by issuing dozens of complaints since 2003 alleging that Members of Congress have taken official actions that benefit their families, friends or financial benefactors.

    But a review of entities against which CREW has filed complaints and information about its donors suggests that the organization may be guilty of the same practice — attacking groups and individuals who are the foes of CREW’s donors.
    CREW is not a reliable source for anything other than partisan hackery. I've laid out plenty of evidence in this thread, I'm basically done now. If you wanna keep defending them, that's on you.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #14
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    And I aint' the only one that sees them for what they are.
    So then let's stipulate that, in today's politically charged world, nothing and nobody is non-partisan, and any claim to such a lack of bias is an endorsement rather than an accurate statement.

    That said, they do go after both sides of the isle. You can't deny that no matter how hard you try.



    You know, it's hilarious in its own way -- the same conservatives who call affirmative action "quotas" and who say you can't use numbers to measure fairness in hiring . . . use it to measure fairness in investigating.

    It's not so much having your cake and eating it too as it is Schrödinger's Cake -- since they've eaten it and can no longer see it, it is both eaten and uneaten at the same time.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #15
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    CREW is not a reliable source for anything other than partisan hackery. I've laid out plenty of evidence in this thread, I'm basically done now. If you wanna keep defending them, that's on you.
    I'm not defending them so much as I am laughing at you.

    What I haven't seen (and for all I could know it's because I'm trying to read this **** without my glasses) is a demonstration that they make spurious accusations against "foes."

    All I've seen you say is that they accuse "foes" of doing bad things -- but if those "foes" ARE doing bad things, and your only defense is that it's "partisan hackery," that's pretty damn weak tea.

    Just saying.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal'

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I'm not defending them so much as I am laughing at you.

    What I haven't seen (and for all I could know it's because I'm trying to read this **** without my glasses) is a demonstration that they make spurious accusations against "foes."

    All I've seen you say is that they accuse "foes" of doing bad things -- but if those "foes" ARE doing bad things, and your only defense is that it's "partisan hackery," that's pretty damn weak tea.

    Just saying.
    Mr V just will not address the issue that O donnel may have been using campaign funds illegally
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  7. #17
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal'

    Yeah, I know, because the absolute yes/no truth is the one thing he can't put a spin on.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Mr V just will not address the issue that O donnel may have been using campaign funds illegally
    I'm not addressing it because the source is a hackery site, and many of you here are "OMG these hyper partisan's are accusing her of this, it MUST BE TRUE!!"

    Please, I'm not so stupid as to fall for these media games anymore and that's exactly what this is right now. What's going to happen is there wil be an investigation, because but the results won't come out till well after the election. But the damage will have been done.

    Doesn't matter if they are true or not, that's not the game, the game is to make them.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #19
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm not addressing it because the source is a hackery site, and many of you here are "OMG these hyper partisan's are accusing her of this, it MUST BE TRUE!!"

    Please, I'm not so stupid as to fall for these media games anymore and that's exactly what this is right now. What's going to happen is there wil be an investigation, because but the results won't come out till well after the election. But the damage will have been done.

    Doesn't matter if they are true or not, that's not the game, the game is to make them.

    Dance dance dance around the issue some more Mr V

    You wont address the issue because it may mean she used campaign funds illegally, which would be a bad thing. But instead you try to distract everyone by saying look over hear, stop paying attention to that issue
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  10. #20
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm not addressing it because the source is a hackery site, and many of you here are "OMG these hyper partisan's are accusing her of this, it MUST BE TRUE!!"

    Please, I'm not so stupid as to fall for these media games anymore and that's exactly what this is right now. What's going to happen is there wil be an investigation, because but the results won't come out till well after the election. But the damage will have been done.

    Doesn't matter if they are true or not, that's not the game, the game is to make them.
    So you've got an opinion on the reputation of the source, which is also a matter of opinion, but you have no opinion on the accusation, which is a question of fact that you don't want to address in any way.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •