Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 117 of 117

Thread: Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal'

  1. #111
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Watchdog: Christine O'Donnell "Clearly a Criminal"

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Thread with me and Murtha:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-par...-8th-time.html
    Nope, no CREW there...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-par...re-debate.html
    Nope, no CREW....

    Those were the two I can find, I didn't bother to slog through the RIP threads though. I think you owe me an apology for that Dan, your memory appears faultier then mine own. Unless you found some evidence while I was looking at which point I shall respond accordingly.
    You aren't surprised are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    DING DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!

    Of course she could be QUITE guilty. But I'm not gonna get excited considering the source of the "charges".
    Well said. There is not enough information.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #112
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Crew calls for fed crim investigation into christine o’donnell for campaign fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Then you might want to actually pay attention then, since it was there. I personally opposed Geitner's nomination for that very reason, and have no use for tax cheats. The outcry from liberals was there, I can't help it if you choose to ignore it.
    Well since you took issue with me saying it seemed that the vast majority of liberals I saw or knew didn't seem to care all that much comparitvely to Democrat tax issues, lets just look at what's easiest to show tangibly here...DP:

    Story 1

    And the plethora of posts by liberals showing outrage similar to O'Donnell are follows:



    ...oh wait, sorry, there wasn't any. Moving on.

    Post 2

    Here's another. Quotes for the posts in the thread by liberals:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Seriously?

    This is a joke right?
    This was a post by Hatuey having issues with Hugh stating there wasn't this kind of issues with the Bush administration. IE, deflect and attack that stance but say nothing about what's going on now.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    This may sound a bit jaded, but if they can do the job well, does it matter if they are crooked?

    Wow. Batman Begins feeling there. You know, how everyone is bad.
    And here Obvious Child completely shurgs it off, cause hey, they can do the job.

    Next thread

    Here we at least have some on your favor. aps commends Daschle for stepping down, which is the closest thus far of any kind of criticism for tax issues spoken by a liberal yet in my search.

    Kandahar says its fine, not because what Daschle did was necessarily bad, but because he's replacable. Unlike Geitner, who Kand essentially says any holding up of his nomination due to taxes would be "petty" because he's so important. I would say "Its ignorable because he's really important" doesn't really fall into the category of having a huge issue with tax problems.

    ITs scorn was more focused on Obama's failure on vetting then any condemnation of a persons tax issues.

    Willrockwell just immedietely decides to proclaim Daschle must be in the pocket of Big Business and begins Bush deflection techniques.

    Moving on.

    Geitner specific one here

    And what's here? One liberal poster, Kandahar, who again is basically shrugging it off cause Geitners just too important

    Another one

    Where the only two liberal posters are Slippery Slope, who never says a single negative thing about Geitner and instead complains about republicans the entire time, and Willrockwell, who doesn't say a single negative thing about Geitner and immedietely begins talking about Sarah Palin.

    Sorry Redress, I looked through the Daschle and Geitner threads and I'm not even coming up with even a sliver of as much animosity or care about tax issues that is being shown now towards O'Donnell. I'm not even seeing many people, outside of APS, doing what I've done which flat out said if its looked into and legit that action needs to be taken against them and its wrong. Most of the threads liberals didn't even bother going into even say ANYTHING about it, and those that did said nothing negative about the individuals instead trying to switch the topic to Bush or Palin or just finding excuses for them.

    As a note, I did a search for "Geitner and Tax*" by "redress" as well. I could find no post other than this one that you mentioned those words together. Indeed, just searching for Geitner by you I've only found one other post, which does mention you think he shouldn't have gotten the job. Reasons for why, be it the political damage it caused, because you disagreed with the tax issue, etc was not listed. And it was in the ridiculous thread titled "Should Barack Obama be murdered" so wasn't even one detailing the taxes.

    Sorry, my recollection was that there wasn't even a SLIVER of this much outrage about taxes from the left during that entire period where multiple nominees to positions had issues. My recollection was silence for the most part, with excuses and diversions being the next most common thing. This was both here, in the media, and around and about in life. Now do I imagine Democrats to scream just as loud then as they do now? Of course not, I'm not foolish enough to think human nature doesn't exist and people don't react differently subconsiously when its "their side" or not. However it is not a gap in the level of the reactions, its a goddamn chasm.

  3. #113
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Watchdog: Christine O'Donnell "Clearly a Criminal"

    Leaving aside the amusing aspect of using DP as representative of all liberal thought, I will just tackle the easy one. If you do a search, the first thing you have to do to make it work is spell the search terms right. It's "Geithner"

    Let's take a look at just one of my comments, shall we.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Seriously, that was no accident, not "careless, avoidable and unintentional", this was flat out cheating on his taxes. Obama should have quickly pulled his nomination, but instead decided that it was somehow ok to have a tax cheat as Secretary of the Treasury. This was unacceptable, offensive, and started Obama off on the wrong foot.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #114
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Watchdog: Christine O'Donnell "Clearly a Criminal"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Leaving aside the amusing aspect of using DP as representative of all liberal thought, I will just tackle the easy one.
    Yes, lets please leave that aside...you know since:

    1. My original comment didn't specify DP specifically as the only measure
    2. You treated my first post like I stated ALL liberals rather than saying a vast amount
    3. In my follow up post I SPECIFICALLY state:

    "Well since you took issue with me saying it seemed that the vast majority of liberals I saw or knew didn't seem to care all that much comparitvely to Democrat tax issues, lets just look at what's easiest to show tangibly here...DP:"

    Showing once again I was speaking about far more than DP alone. However, I can't exactly go back and pull facebook comments or things told to me by friends and aquaintences and place them in a thread as "proof". Can only work with what I have.

    But THANK YOU redress for such the kind of wonderful bone you're throwing me by "leaving aside" the aspect that I repeatedly already pointed out wasn't the full scope of my comment.

    If you do a search, the first thing you have to do to make it work is spell the search terms right. It's "Geithner"
    Yes, error on my part. I used the correct spelling for my first group of searches but mistyped on the second when I went back specifically for yours. You have successfully shown you were opposed to him due to the tax thing and spoke negatively about him.

    Congrats, its you and aps. Meanwhile just about every other liberal on this board seemingly avoided those threads or entered them either deflecting or excusing without actually condemning.

    Is DP the epitome of everything? Absolutely not, but its ONE source of many and one that's easy to point at. I dare say with the number of liberals here, being able to find only two who clearly and distinctly spoke negatively about Geithners tax issues, its not too much of a stretch to say the vast majority here seemed to have little real care about it and nothing CLOSE to what's been going on with O'Donnell? As to my views from outside DP, well that comes down to trust on whether or not I'm making it up and not much I can do about that. But at least I actually can produce something to validate my notion and feeling, even if its a relatively minor validation. You on the other hand attempted to "disprove" my comment by attacking a strawman, acting as if I stated that EVERY liberal felt or acted a certain way and thus "countering" it by saying you didn't, which didn't counter but actually just went along with exactly what I said.

  5. #115
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Watchdog: Christine O'Donnell "Clearly a Criminal"

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Perspective and context... Your reply lacks that and is therefore intellectually dishonest.

    If these charges turn out to be true, then she's going to jail.
    Your hopes and dreams notwithstanding, nobody goes to jail over allegations of misuse of campaign funds like this. At worst, you end up paying a fine several years later. You know, like happened to Edwards:

    Edwards campaign likely to pay $170,000 over '04 contributions | McClatchy

    WASHINGTON — The Federal Election Commission is expected to order former Sen. John Edwards' campaign to pay more than $170,000 for accepting excessive contributions and other violations involving his 2004 presidential bid.
    Or Sharpton:

    20090430MUR_Sharpton

    The Federal Election Commission announced today that it reached settlement agreements, totaling $285,000 in civil penalties, with Rev. Alfred C. Sharpton; Sharpton 2004 and the committee’s treasurer, Andrew Rivera; and National Action Network, Inc, a non-profit organization Sharpton founded and of which he has served as President since inception.

    During his 2004 presidential campaign, Sharpton traveled extensively and routinely mixed travel for his campaign committee and National Action Network. An FEC audit and investigation revealed that National Action Network and other entities paid $387,192 in campaign expenses. The FEC determined that National Action Network made payments totaling $107,615 for committee expenses and $73,500 in payments to consultants and vendors for campaign-related work, violating the prohibition against corporate contributions. Sharpton’s sole proprietorships, Rev-Als Production and Sharpton Media LLC, also paid $214,577 in campaign travel expenses and an additional $65,000 came from unknown sources. None of these in-kind contributions were disclosed in the committee’s disclosure reports.
    Or Biden:

    Biden to pay $219,000 fine to FEC - The Hill's Ballot Box

    Vice President Joseph Biden’s 2008 presidential campaign owes more than $219,000 to the government, according to the Federal Election Commission (FEC).

    In an audit released Friday, the FEC said Biden’s 2008 White House election bid accepted an illegal in-kind campaign contribution by accepting a ride on a corporate jet and only paying the first-class rate, not the more expensive charter rate. In addition, the then-Delaware senator’s presidential campaign was plagued by some messy record-keeping that led to prohibited excessive campaign contributions from individual donors.
    But yea, keep on imagining that this $20k at issue will get O'Donnell thrown in jail.

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    um......the rangel case is proceeding in the proper fashion. what does that have to do with satan o'donnell?
    Why is it that so many people who would otherwise be fierce defenders of religious liberty suddenly lose all that tolerance when it involves someone that they don't like?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #116
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Watchdog: Christine O'Donnell "Clearly a Criminal"

    Please don't mistake my criticism of Obama's vetting process as thinking Geithner's tax issues were okay by me.

    I also haven't commented on O'Donnell's tax problem either.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #117
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Crew calls for fed crim investigation into christine o’donnell for campaign fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Kandahar says its fine, not because what Daschle did was necessarily bad, but because he's replacable. Unlike Geitner, who Kand essentially says any holding up of his nomination due to taxes would be "petty" because he's so important. I would say "Its ignorable because he's really important" doesn't really fall into the category of having a huge issue with tax problems.
    For the record: It's not so much that Geithner's tax problems were OK...it's just that there weren't any other figures who were as capable of him as guiding us through the recession at the time. If you remember back to January 2009, we were just beginning to emerge from a major financial crisis and the stock market hadn't even bottomed out yet. Under those circumstances, it's important that our nation had the best possible leadership. Having someone less capable than Geithner at the helm of the Treasury Department - which makes decisions that affect the entire country, and really the entire world - simply because he had a few tax problems is not a practical way to govern a nation.

    It had nothing to do with the fact that he was a Democrat (for that matter, I don't even know or care if Geithner IS a Democrat). I would say the same about an irreplaceable, competent Republican who had been appointed under similar circumstances. It's pragmatic, not political. While I'm sure I lapse at times, I try to look at what decisions will result in the best outcome for the nation in the big picture. I don't really do the whole phony outrage toward every hiccup of political figures I don't like.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 09-30-10 at 05:13 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •