Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #961
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    My point? Are you able to stick with any issues in a debate? You keep making these claims and then I disprove them and then you say "what's your point?" Get your act together. YOU CLAIMED THAT MCAIN DOESN"T SUPPORT EARMARKS, I JUST SHOWED YOU HE DOES, THAT"S MY POINT!!!!! CAN YOU READ THAT!!! IS IT BIG ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!!!
    So your point is that TARP was an earmark? Don't think you know what an earmark is. Getting a little emotional? Sure sign you have lost it.

  2. #962
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So your point is that TARP was an earmark? Don't think you know what an earmark is. Getting a little emotional? Sure sign you have lost it.
    Try reading the news.

    "But on Wednesday -- in his first vote in months -- McCain voted for earmarks.

    In an attempt to woo recalcitrant House Republicans to vote for the $700 billion economic bailout bill, senators loaded it up with earmarks, including $2 million in tax breaks for companies that make wooden arrows for children and millions for U.S. wool producers and auto racetrack owners.

    McCain had warned against such a thing happening. In a speech in Michigan before the vote, he said: "It is completely unacceptable for any kind of earmarks to be included in this bill. It would be outrageous for legislators and lobbyists to pack this rescue plan with
    taxpayer money for favored companies. This simply cannot happen."

    It did. And he voted for it anyway.
    "

  3. #963
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Try reading the news.

    "But on Wednesday -- in his first vote in months -- McCain voted for earmarks.

    In an attempt to woo recalcitrant House Republicans to vote for the $700 billion economic bailout bill, senators loaded it up with earmarks, including $2 million in tax breaks for companies that make wooden arrows for children and millions for U.S. wool producers and auto racetrack owners.

    McCain had warned against such a thing happening. In a speech in Michigan before the vote, he said: "It is completely unacceptable for any kind of earmarks to be included in this bill. It would be outrageous for legislators and lobbyists to pack this rescue plan with
    taxpayer money for favored companies. This simply cannot happen."

    It did. And he voted for it anyway.
    "
    Did McCain take any earmarks for his state? The TARP bill had earmarks in but what would you expect from a democrat Congress. none of those earmarks to my knowledge went to Arizona and that was the point.

  4. #964
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Getting a little emotional? Sure sign you have lost it.
    YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Melt Down

    I react in a similar way when I debate individuals who have memory troubles sticking with the issues.

  5. #965
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Try reading the news.

    "But on Wednesday -- in his first vote in months -- McCain voted for earmarks.

    In an attempt to woo recalcitrant House Republicans to vote for the $700 billion economic bailout bill, senators loaded it up with earmarks, including $2 million in tax breaks for companies that make wooden arrows for children and millions for U.S. wool producers and auto racetrack owners.

    McCain had warned against such a thing happening. In a speech in Michigan before the vote, he said: "It is completely unacceptable for any kind of earmarks to be included in this bill. It would be outrageous for legislators and lobbyists to pack this rescue plan with
    taxpayer money for favored companies. This simply cannot happen."

    It did. And he voted for it anyway.
    "
    common courtesy would dictate that when posting an excerpt from a source, a link is included.

    However, if that's the game you'd like to play...

    McCain officials defend the vote, saying the overall purpose of the bill was worth it despite the earmarks, which they said he still opposes.

    "In a national emergency, John McCain was willing to support a legislative compromise that could help protect hardworking families from losing their homes and savings despite the bill's regrettable inclusion of earmarks," spokesman Tucker Bounds said. "However, their addition serves as a perfect example of why Washington is broken, why we need new leadership and why we need John McCain's record of fighting wasteful spending."

  6. #966
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, a game to you is people keeping more of what they earn and spending it as they see fit. I like that game.
    It's not a game. It's about your claim that tax cuts create jobs. When cornered, you change your claim and then try to sneak in back in later.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #967
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    common courtesy would dictate that when posting an excerpt from a source, a link is included.

    However, if that's the game you'd like to play...
    Of course, Mccain is a hero and Obama is a thief. I think I'm beginning to understand the GOP way of thinking.

  8. #968
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's not a game. It's about your claim that tax cuts create jobs. When cornered, you change your claim and then try to sneak in back in later.
    As stated, after the tax cuts jobs were created. That is a proven fact.

  9. #969
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Of course, Mccain is a hero and Obama is a thief. I think I'm beginning to understand the GOP way of thinking.
    Make sure that you watch all those Republicans that win next week getting on the "back of the bus" as obama stated. Or calling American citizens the enemy in talking to Hispanics. You don't seem to understand your own way of thinking so why would you think you can figure out anyone else?

  10. #970
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As stated, after the tax cuts jobs were created. That is a proven fact.
    As noted, not due to tax cuts. You make a causal relationship error. As noted, we ahve the tax cuts in place and yet have lost jobs. And all of or history shows a mixed bag concerning taxes and the economy. You can't ignore the other facts that rebute your claim.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •