Page 96 of 108 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #951
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Hence, the tea party emergence among the Republican party. Conservatives need to start acting like conservatives.

    Cut spending drastically, cut taxes (further in my opinion), and let the free market dig us out of this hole.

    The problem is, what power has the government ever released over us once it had obtained it? Obama wants to increase it ten-fold, second term be damned.
    I actually really like a lot of financial policies of the Tea Party. Get rid of the IRS and implement a more simple tax system? Great! Demand a balanced budget each year? All for it! Implement more constitutionality in our law making? Hell yes! My main problem is that the Tea Party/GOP financial policies come in a package that includes ultra-social conservatism, aggressive foreign policy, xenophobia and jingoism. The worst thing the Republican party did was let the southern social conservatives infiltrate the party when they jumped ship from the Democrat party after the Civil Rights Movement didn't go their way. If that wouldn't have happened I'd probably be a Republican. I'd rather have higher taxes than live in country where people are discriminated against, wars are constantly waged and where GOP neo-cons try to ratify the separation of church and state clause to make Christianity the official religion of the country.

  2. #952
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Conservatives need to start acting like conservatives.

    Cut spending drastically, cut taxes (further in my opinion), and let the free market dig us out of this hole.
    THIS. In spades.

  3. #953
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Compared to what we have now almost anyone would be more fiscally responsible even McCain who has never taken an earmark. Bush spent too much money with the help of a receptive Congress but Obama has put Bush spending on steroids as evidenced by the amount of the U.S.Budget fiscal year 2010 vs. 2010. Where is the 2011 budget?

    Didn't Mccain vote for the $700 billion bailout that was loaded up with millions of dollars in earmarks for wool producers and race track owners?

    Also, the tricky thing with these neo-con Republicans like Mccain is that they appear to be financially conservative, which in some ways they are, but if he was in office our role in Iraq would be much more significant than it is now and we'd propably have already invaded Iran and be on our way to North Korea. So the money he'd save us in vetos, he'd make up for with massive defense spending.

  4. #954
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    I actually really like a lot of financial policies of the Tea Party. Get rid of the IRS and implement a more simple tax system? Great! Demand a balanced budget each year? All for it! Implement more constitutionality in our law making? Hell yes! My main problem is that the Tea Party/GOP financial policies come in a package that includes ultra-social conservatism, aggressive foreign policy, xenophobia and jingoism. The worst thing the Republican party did was let the southern social conservatives infiltrate the party when they jumped ship from the Democrat party after the Civil Rights Movement didn't go their way. If that wouldn't have happened I'd probably be a Republican. I'd rather have higher taxes than live in country where people are discriminated against, wars are constantly waged and where GOP neo-cons try to ratify the separation of church and state clause to make Christianity the official religion of the country.
    You want to create your own little country, so be it, go for it. We live in a country where the majority dictate policy. When the majority rule in your favor you are all for it but when you disagree with the majority you take the issue to the courts to overturn the will of the majority.

    You are so afraid of religion and I don't blame you, I would be too if I were in your shoes. One day you will get the opportunity to explain your position to "your" God. Looks like you haven't taken a history course either. This country was built on Judeo Christian values. There is nothing in the Constitution that denies your right to not believe in God or my right to believe. You can turn off the news or media anytime you want. Don't infringe on my right to religion and I will leave you alone as well.

    In case you missed it, it was the GOP that passed civil rights, not the Democrats.

  5. #955
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Didn't Mccain vote for the $700 billion bailout that was loaded up with millions of dollars in earmarks for wool producers and race track owners?

    Also, the tricky thing with these neo-con Republicans like Mccain is that they appear to be financially conservative, which in some ways they are, but if he was in office our role in Iraq would be much more significant than it is now and we'd propably have already invaded Iran and be on our way to North Korea. So the money he'd save us in vetos, he'd make up for with massive defense spending.
    Yes he did and so did Obama. I didn't support it so what is your point. Regarding Iraq Obama adopted the Bush doctrine as evidenced by his selection of Sec. of Defense. You seem to have a problem with defense spending but no problem on personal responsibility spending. Read the Constitution and get back to me. Our elected officials decided that Iraq with Saddam Hussein was a threat. The Senate was under the control of the Democrats and voted 76-23 in support of the Iraq resolution. You didn't like the vote, get over it.

  6. #956
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Also, the tricky thing with these neo-con Republicans like Mccain is that they appear to be financially conservative, which in some ways they are, but if he was in office our role in Iraq would be much more significant than it is now and we'd propably have already invaded Iran and be on our way to North Korea. So the money he'd save us in vetos, he'd make up for with massive defense spending.
    supposition is not your friend when trying to discuss facts.

  7. #957
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You want to create your own little country, so be it, go for it. We live in a country where the majority dictate policy. When the majority rule in your favor you are all for it but when you disagree with the majority you take the issue to the courts to overturn the will of the majority.
    I still don't know what the hell you are talking about. I have a feeling you are trying to lump me with all liberal and all policies overturned by liberal judges. It's so off the wall I'm just going to ignore it.

    "You are so afraid of religion and I don't blame you, I would be too if I were in your shoes. One day you will get the opportunity to explain your position to "your" God."

    Don't pretend to know my religion or my "God". I have done much more for the Christian community than you will ever do in your life and you'd be surprised how similar are spiritual beliefs are. Where we disagree is that those beliefs should be implemented into American government. This country was founded on the principle that religion shouldn't dictate our laws and I agree with that. If a gay person is wrong for marrying another gay person that is for God to judge not me. If a person wants to smoke pot in the privacy of their own home, that's not for me to judge based on my own interpretations of religion and sobriety, nor is it for the government to step in and judge. You say you want small government and more freedom, but you contradict that statement at every turn.

    "In case you missed it, it was the GOP that passed civil rights, not the Democrats."

    Oh lord, here we ago again. Whenever someone says this that's when I know I'm debating someone that is uneducated. Go back and read about how the southern conservative democrats infiltrated the Republican party after the civil rights movement, then get back to me.

  8. #958
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    supposition is not your friend when trying to discuss facts.
    Trying saying that to your neo-con pals on this forum who also assert that if Mccain was in office the economy would be doing much better and he'd be spending less, instead of just going around and trolling on us "liberals" with the same redundant sentence.

  9. #959
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    I still don't know what the hell you are talking about. I have a feeling you are trying to lump me with all liberal and all policies overturned by liberal judges. It's so off the wall I'm just going to ignore it.

    "You are so afraid of religion and I don't blame you, I would be too if I were in your shoes. One day you will get the opportunity to explain your position to "your" God."

    Don't pretend to know my religion or my "God". I have done much more for the Christian community than you will ever do in your life and you'd be surprised how similar are spiritual beliefs are. Where we disagree is that those beliefs should be implemented into American government. This country was founded on the principle that religion shouldn't dictate our laws and I agree with that. If a gay person is wrong for marrying another gay person that is for God to judge not me. If a person wants to smoke pot in the privacy of their own home, that's not for me to judge based on my own interpretations of religion and sobriety, nor is it for the government to step in and judge. You say you want small government and more freedom, but you contradict that statement at every turn.

    "In case you missed it, it was the GOP that passed civil rights, not the Democrats."

    Oh lord, here we ago again. Whenever someone says this that's when I know I'm debating someone that is uneducated. Go back and read about how the southern conservative democrats infiltrated the Republican party after the civil rights movement, then get back to me.
    No, I will just ask AL Gore how he voted.

  10. #960
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes he did and so did Obama. I didn't support it so what is your point.
    My point? Are you able to stick with any issues in a debate? You keep making these claims and then I disprove them and then you say "what's your point?" Get your act together. YOU CLAIMED THAT MCAIN DOESN"T SUPPORT EARMARKS, I JUST SHOWED YOU HE DOES, THAT"S MY POINT!!!!! CAN YOU READ THAT!!! IS IT BIG ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!!!

Page 96 of 108 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •