Page 93 of 108 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #921
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I keep showing you there is no evidence cutting taxes will put people back to work. None. We ahve and it has bene linked for you, evidence that taxes will not effect employment at all. So, you can't argue cut taxes to get jobs, as cutting taxes won't do that.
    And what I showed you was that after tax rate cuts employment grew. Sorry we are at an empass. Guess we have to agree to disagree. I just don't see the value of the govt. of raising taxes and reducing incentive.

  2. #922
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And what I showed you was that after tax rate cuts employment grew. Sorry we are at an empass. Guess we have to agree to disagree. I just don't see the value of the govt. of raising taxes and reducing incentive.
    No, you showed one point and time, and could not show that tax cuts were the reason. And when faced with the reality that the tax cuts are in place today, and those millions are out of work, you admit other factors are involved, just as they were when jobs were created. And if you expand your search, you will find, as I have shown you, that during other times, tax cuts had noticeable effect ont he economy. You continue to focus on one set of numbers that don't actually answer the question, ignoring the rebuttal.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #923
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    @Neo-Con

    You still haven't provided one solution. You complain about Obama's policies to fix health insurance, the mortgage crisis, controversial bank practices but still haven't offered one single solution to the problems. How would states correct these problems? Let me guess, you have no clue.

    As for gay marraige, you fell totally off the issue we were originally debating. I was saying many libs agree with some conservative financial policies but don't vote for conservatives because of the socially conservative policies they back such as gay marraige. You tried to defend the GOP by saying that it wasn't the GOP who voted prop 8 in california, it was californians, as if there aren't any Republicans in California! HAHA! This is where you fell off the deep end. Then I said those Californians who voted for it were GOP, and you say "what does it matter?" You completely lost that debate, horribly. I think you argue numbers much more better than you do political science.

    As for personal responsibility, you call this personal responsibility?



    Just in case you don't know, that is your hero signing the BAILOUT in 2008. What kind of fiscally conservative, personal responsibility is that? Now lets hear you go off the deep end trying to defend that. This should be interesting, I'm going to get some popcorn.

  4. #924
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you showed one point and time, and could not show that tax cuts were the reason. And when faced with the reality that the tax cuts are in place today, and those millions are out of work, you admit other factors are involved, just as they were when jobs were created. And if you expand your search, you will find, as I have shown you, that during other times, tax cuts had noticeable effect ont he economy. You continue to focus on one set of numbers that don't actually answer the question, ignoring the rebuttal.
    Keep up this game, we agree to disagree. I will never accept that people keeping more of their money doesn't stimulate spending and thus demand for goods and services thus jobs. Nor will I ever accept that the Federal govt. will be responsible with getting more revenue and not spend it. Individuals keeping more of what they earn puts the power where it belongs with the American consumer, not the govt. bureaucrats.

  5. #925
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    @Neo-Con

    You still haven't provided one solution. You complain about Obama's policies to fix health insurance, the mortgage crisis, controversial bank practices but still haven't offered one single solution to the problems. How would states correct these problems? Let me guess, you have no clue.

    As for gay marraige, you fell totally off the issue we were originally debating. I was saying many libs agree with some conservative financial policies but don't vote for conservatives because of the socially conservative policies they back such as gay marraige. You tried to defend the GOP by saying that it wasn't the GOP who voted prop 8 in california, it was californians, as if there aren't any Republicans in California! HAHA! This is where you fell off the deep end. Then I said those Californians who voted for it were GOP, and you say "what does it matter?" You completely lost that debate, horribly. I think you argue numbers much more better than you do political science.

    As for personal responsibility, you call this personal responsibility?



    Just in case you don't know, that is your hero signing the BAILOUT in 2008. What kind of fiscally conservative, personal responsibility is that? Now lets hear you go off the deep end trying to defend that. This should be interesting, I'm going to get some popcorn.
    You just destroyed my entire weekend telling me that I lost this debate, wow, the disappointment that you were the one judging the debate and claimed I lost. What am I to do! Wonder how a true debate instructor would judge this debate. There is quite a difference claiming that the GOP defeated Prop 8 rather than individual supporters of the GOP along with other political party supporters voted for Prop 8. Regardless, the people spoke and you didn't like the outcome thus you went to the courts to overturn the will of the majority. That is what liberals do.

    Yes, Bush signed the 2008 bailout, I was against it, but "your" President supported it. Bush and Obama on the same side of the issue yet it was Obama that lied about the inherited deficits. Deficits aren't inherited they are yearly and thus created. What did Obama do with the payback of the TARP money?

  6. #926
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep up this game, we agree to disagree. I will never accept that people keeping more of their money doesn't stimulate spending and thus demand for goods and services thus jobs. Nor will I ever accept that the Federal govt. will be responsible with getting more revenue and not spend it. Individuals keeping more of what they earn puts the power where it belongs with the American consumer, not the govt. bureaucrats.
    It's not a game. It's about your claim that tax cuts create jobs. When cornered, you change your claim and then try to sneak in back in later.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #927
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,280
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Taxes are not the be all and end all.

    If they were, Canada would be in the sink hole right now. And while things aren't exactly dandy up here, they're far better off then you guys, and our taxes are higher.

    There are a billion factors, taxes is a relatively small one.

  8. #928
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Taxes are not the be all and end all.

    If they were, Canada would be in the sink hole right now. And while things aren't exactly dandy up here, they're far better off then you guys, and our taxes are higher.

    There are a billion factors, taxes is a relatively small one.
    Exactly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #929
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's not a game. It's about your claim that tax cuts create jobs. When cornered, you change your claim and then try to sneak in back in later.
    Yep, a game to you is people keeping more of what they earn and spending it as they see fit. I like that game.

  10. #930
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,344

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Tax cuts create demand. Demand creates jobs. Right?

    Let's look at tax rates and unemployment rates in the US and Europe? They, for one, say so. Canada, the exception (and who really knows what the hell those people do anyway ), does not make the rule.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 10-29-10 at 01:08 PM.

Page 93 of 108 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •