Page 75 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #741
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    but that takes away government power and the ability to punish those who do better than Boo Does
    Amazing that people like Boo have so much faith in the Federal Govt. attacking the current debt of close to 14 trillion dollars and believe that raising the taxes on the top 2% will make a dent. This just shows how naive some individuals are and the quality of the Obama supporter.

    Wonder how the 47% of the people that don't pay any Federal Income taxes will vote?

  2. #742
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    corporations don't jail people or shoot them if they refuse to do business with them
    No, they lose their pension, steal your future.

    But, you miss the point. Both serve a purpose. Not the same purpose, but a purpose. And both can be corrupt in what they do. Using this as a reason not to have them serve their purpose is silly. Corruption should always be fought and people held accountable, be it business or government, but both play a role in our lives. There's no way they can't.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #743
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Amazing that people like Boo have so much faith in the Federal Govt. attacking the current debt of close to 14 trillion dollars and believe that raising the taxes on the top 2% will make a dent. This just shows how naive some individuals are and the quality of the Obama supporter.

    Wonder how the 47% of the people that don't pay any Federal Income taxes will vote?
    people like him use soaking the wealthy as an appeal to class envy and to justify buying the votes of the many

    when dems get ripped over socialist spending they whine that if the rich are taxed more it all will be paid for.

    they never understand that in the long run they are only ruining America because one day the "tax the rich" crap no longer can work as the rich leave or stop paying.



  4. #744
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you say so, but I don't think I am. Why do you suppose governments nearly all use a progressive tax?
    I think I'll start a tax thread.

  5. #745
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I think I'll start a tax thread.
    Sound good. I'll look for it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #746
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sound good. I'll look for it.
    Poll section.

  7. #747
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Poll section.
    Found it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #748
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Fact remains people spending money is what drives this economy and creates an environment for creating jobs. There isn't a reputable economist who believes we should raise taxes on anyone during these poor economic times.
    True, but each case is different. You can't automatically assume they'll spend it the the way you want them to.

    ricksfolly

  9. #749
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    True, but each case is different. You can't automatically assume they'll spend it the the way you want them to.

    ricksfolly
    You don't see a problem with your statement,
    You can't automatically assume they'll spend it the the way you want them to
    What gives anyone else the right to tell you how to spend your money as long as you do it legally? That seems to be one of the biggest problems today as more and more believe the govt. rhetoric about people not spending their own money the way the govt. wants them to. It is the people's money first and regardless of how they spend it that creates jobs and benefits the economy.

  10. #750
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Sometimes people slip and admit that they think they're better fit to decide how people spend their money than the people themselves are.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 75 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •