Page 67 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #661
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    have you found any study that suggests tax hikes are going to create jobs?
    Nope. But I don't claimm they will. I argue they have no effect and that is what posted for our friend. But if you're going to say it creates job, I would think some evidence would be proper.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #662
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's why we have studies, but if your going to claim they create jobs, you have to present some evidence. Right now, we have tax cuts in place, and no jobs. Apparently, they aren't magic after all.


    Still, you were given a study.
    Apparently BLS data isn't good enough for you. AFTER tax cuts job creation went up during Reagan and Bush when the unemployment was higher before. Explain.

  3. #663
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Apparently BLS data isn't good enough for you. AFTER tax cuts job creation went up during Reagan and Bush when the unemployment was higher before. Explain.
    No, it wasn't and I told you why. Do we have to go through it again? That information doesn't address the question.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #664
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Uh, no, 47% of those working Americans make 50,000 or less and pay no Federal Income taxes according to the IRS data. Imagine how much would be received if that 47% paid anything in income taxes and the 16 million unemployed Americans were employed and paying taxes? Makes the liberal argument of tax the rich look miniscule.
    Most of those 47% who pay no taxes are because of President Bush. What's the problem with your hero?


  5. #665
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There is no evidence tax breaks create jobs, and at least one study, again posted for you before, that says there is no evidence that tax cuts lead to jobs.
    There is no logic in politics and very little truth or ethics, So if saying tax breaks create jobs gets a politician elected, it's just more sleazy survival politics...

    ricksfolly

  6. #666
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Apparently BLS data isn't good enough for you. AFTER tax cuts job creation went up during Reagan and Bush when the unemployment was higher before. Explain.
    And as I've said before, the U.S. population also went up.


  7. #667
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it wasn't and I told you why. Do we have to go through it again? That information doesn't address the question.
    Look, I don't know where you got your education but I learned logic and common sense. Before the Reagan Tax cuts unemployment was rising and afterwards almost 20 million jobs were created. Before the Bush tax cuts the cry was where are the jobs. After the Bush tax cuts jobs were created. You conclude that tax cuts had nothing to do with it, and I disagree. I understand human behavior as well as basic finance. If you have more take home pay because of tax cuts you spend it, save it, invest it, or pay down debt all good for the economy and job creation. Your argument is flawed and lacks basic logic and common sense.

  8. #668
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Apparently BLS data isn't good enough for you. AFTER tax cuts job creation went up during Reagan and Bush when the unemployment was higher before. Explain.
    Companies have their own reasons for hiring and firing, usually more orders or expansion, and they pick their own time and place. What little support 2 percent gives them could be spent for many different purposes, not just hiring more people.

    ricksfolly

  9. #669
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Companies have their own reasons for hiring and firing, usually more orders or expansion, and they pick their own time and place. What little support 2 percent gives them could be spent for many different purposes, not just hiring more people.

    ricksfolly
    Fact remains people spending money is what drives this economy and creates an environment for creating jobs. There isn't a reputable economist who believes we should raise taxes on anyone during these poor economic times.

  10. #670
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. But I don't claimm they will. I argue they have no effect and that is what posted for our friend. But if you're going to say it creates job, I would think some evidence would be proper.
    so if they aren't going to help and since the dem spending is going to massively increase the deficit whether or not the rich are treated the same as other tax payers, what is your reason-other than envy-for being against tax cuts for everyone?



Page 67 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •