Page 66 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #651
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And the best way to have a job, is to spend.

    And they weren't spending before this adminsitration.

    And we've had recessions regardless of government, regardless of taxes. government does not control the economy. Government is not the answer.
    Spend what ??? The people with jobs aren't going to spend any more than they have to, the rest they are saving in case they lose their job tomorrow.

    The one's with no jobs are spending every penney they can lay their hands on now.

    Yes, there have been recessions in the past, but only one that lasted longer than this one. No modern recession has lasted this long, and the blame can be placed right on Obama's head.
    Last edited by Gill; 10-21-10 at 03:28 PM.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #652
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Spend what ??? The people with jobs aren't going to spend any more than they have to, the rest they are saving in case they lose their job tomorrow.

    The one's with no jobs are spending every penney they can lay their hands on now.
    Exactly. That's what makes the cyckle difficult. Business needs consumers and consumers need jobs. All the rest is background noise. It is taxes or government or health care reform or any other nonsense. It is simple finanace.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #653
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Strawman. I didn't bring it up, you did. you said they spend. They don't. And I have no jealousy. I don't begruge those who pay less or worry about those who pay more. The system is fine.
    They do spend, they also save, they also invest, they also pay off bills, all helps the economy. Right now 16 million Americans are unemployed and raising taxes on those that produce jobs isn't going to put them back to work. Right now 16 million Americans aren't paying much in Federal Income taxes.

  4. #654
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They do spend, they also save, they also invest, they also pay off bills, all helps the economy. Right now 16 million Americans are unemployed and raising taxes on those that produce jobs isn't going to put them back to work. Right now 16 million Americans aren't paying much in Federal Income taxes.
    They don't spend the moeny they get from taxe cuts. Again, this has been posted for you before. And taxes don't effect the jobs they create or don't. There is no evidence tax breaks create jobs, and at least one study, again posted for you before, that says there is no evidenc ethat tax cuts lead to jobs.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #655
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They do spend, they also save, they also invest, they also pay off bills, all helps the economy. Right now 16 million Americans are unemployed and raising taxes on those that produce jobs isn't going to put them back to work. Right now 16 million Americans aren't paying much in Federal Income taxes.
    To keep the record straight, right now 130 million Americans ARE paying their income and SS taxes.

    ricksfolly

  6. #656
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They don't spend the moeny they get from taxe cuts. Again, this has been posted for you before. And taxes don't effect the jobs they create or don't. There is no evidence tax breaks create jobs, and at least one study, again posted for you before, that says there is no evidenc ethat tax cuts lead to jobs.
    How do you know what the rich do with their money? You have no idea what they do with the money and can only speculate. As I pointed out whatever they do with it still helps the economy.

    There is plenty of evidence that jobs have been created after tax cuts but like all liberals that flies in the face of your own opinions and ideology. You simply cannot admit that you are wrong. You obviously don't understand GDP and the four components. You also don't seem to understand basic economics of supply and demand. Doesn't really matter what you think because it has been proven with actual facts that you are wrong.

  7. #657
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    To keep the record straight, right now 130 million Americans ARE paying their income and SS taxes.

    ricksfolly
    Uh, no, 47% of those working Americans make 50,000 or less and pay no Federal Income taxes according to the IRS data. Imagine how much would be received if that 47% paid anything in income taxes and the 16 million unemployed Americans were employed and paying taxes? Makes the liberal argument of tax the rich look miniscule.

  8. #658
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Uh, no, 47% of those working Americans make 50,000 or less and pay no Federal Income taxes according to the IRS data. Imagine how much would be received if that 47% paid anything in income taxes and the 16 million unemployed Americans were employed and paying taxes? Makes the liberal argument of tax the rich look miniscule.
    liberals love representation without taxation so they can represent those and tax others



  9. #659
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How do you know what the rich do with their money? You have no idea what they do with the money and can only speculate. As I pointed out whatever they do with it still helps the economy.

    There is plenty of evidence that jobs have been created after tax cuts but like all liberals that flies in the face of your own opinions and ideology. You simply cannot admit that you are wrong. You obviously don't understand GDP and the four components. You also don't seem to understand basic economics of supply and demand. Doesn't really matter what you think because it has been proven with actual facts that you are wrong.
    That's why we have studies, but if your going to claim they create jobs, you have to present some evidence. Right now, we have tax cuts in place, and no jobs. Apparently, they aren't magic after all.


    Still, you were given a study.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #660
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's why we have studies, but if your going to claim they create jobs, you have to present some evidence. Right now, we have tax cuts in place, and no jobs. Apparently, they aren't magic after all.


    Still, you were given a study.
    have you found any study that suggests tax hikes are going to create jobs?



Page 66 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •