Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #641
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We are indeed a moment of tax cuts that are offset by the uncertainty as to the cost of the Obama agenda that will be forthcoming. As an expert business person would you hire more people not knowing what your taxes are going to be January 1, 2011? How much are employers going to have to pay for Obamacare for their employees? Apparently you don't have a problem since you are a wage slave instead of an entreprenuer! 16 million people unemployed, how are you going to put them back to work, raising taxes?
    These numbskulls can't get that through their heads. The reason unemployment is so high is because there is so much uncertainty. Nobody in business knows how much taxes will be next year, no one knows how much their employee's health care will cost next year. They are scared to death that the idiots in the senate will pass cap and tax like the idiots in the house did. That will raise the cost of business astronomically.

    Uncertainty is the problem. Boo keeps bleeting that government can't affect unemployment, yet business after business has said they won't hire until they know what they are facing next year and the year after. GOVERNMENT, specifically the Obama administration and the Dem controled congress is the reason this recession is hanging on.
    Last edited by Gill; 10-21-10 at 03:00 PM.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #642
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    While I think you're wrong here is well, you actually support my point, just as you have in the past. Other things effect the economy. Taxes can't override other factors. And there is no evidence that taxes destroy the economy or create jobs and bring about Nirvana.
    This is a consumer driven economy where consumer spending makes up 2/3rds of GDP and taxes affect consumer spending. Lower taxes=more spending, higher taxes=less spending. Right now the American businesses are making money and stock piling cash, cash that they could use to hire people but aren't because they have no idea what that cost will be. No business wants to hire people not knowing the cost of that employment. Fact remains tax cuts would be benefiting the economy right now if those tax cuts weren't being offset by projected costs of the Obama agenda.

  3. #643
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    These numbskulls can't get that through their heads. The reason unemployment is so high is because there is so much uncertainty. No body in business knows how much taxes will be next year, no one knows how much their employee's health care will cost next year. They are scared to death that the idiots in the senate will pass cap and tax like the idiots in the house did. That will raise the cost of business astronomically.

    Uncertainty is the problem. Boo keeps bleeting that government can't affect unemployment, yet business after business has said they won't hire until they know what they are facing next year and the year after. GOVERNMENT, specifically the Obama administration and the Dem controled congress are the reason this recession is hanging on.
    Not taxes.

    But, I don't really buy that either. It's the cycle. People need to spend. And in order for people to spend, people need to work. And in order for there to be jobs, people need to spend, and in order for people to spend, there needs to be jobs . . . . .

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #644
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This is a consumer driven economy where consumer spending makes up 2/3rds of GDP and taxes affect consumer spending. Lower taxes=more spending, higher taxes=less spending. Right now the American businesses are making money and stock piling cash, cash that they could use to hire people but aren't because they have no idea what that cost will be. No business wants to hire people not knowing the cost of that employment. Fact remains tax cuts would be benefiting the economy right now if those tax cuts weren't being offset by projected costs of the Obama agenda.
    No, they really don't. The wealthy don't spend any less when taxed, or more when not taxed (those numbers have been posted before). They save. And the rest of us spend as often as we can.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #645
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not taxes.

    But, I don't really buy that either. It's the cycle. People need to spend. And in order for people to spend, people need to work. And in order for there to be jobs, people need to spend, and in order for people to spend, there needs to be jobs . . . . .
    People don't spend because they fear they won't have a job tomorrow.

    Businesses don't hire because they fear the cost of business will skyrocket under this administration.

    If government would provide some stability, this recession would be over in a heartbeat. Like Conservative said, businesses are awash in cash, but are holding onto it for fear that Obama will go on another "spread the wealth" tantrum.

    Once we get Republicans in control of the House, business will relax knowing they won't let Obama continue with his idiotic agenda. I predict the economy will start picking up right after the elections, providing the lame ducks don't get crazy. If they do, look out.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #646
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    People don't spend because they fear they won't have a job tomorrow.

    Businesses don't hire because they fear the cost of business will skyrocket under this administration.

    If government would provide some stability, this recession would be over in a heartbeat. Like Conservative said, businesses are awash in cash, but are holding onto it for fear that Obama will go on another "spread the wealth" tantrum.

    Once we get Republicans in control of the House, business will relax knowing they won't let Obama continue with his idiotic agenda. I predict the economy will start picking up right after the elections, providing the lame ducks don't get crazy. If they do, look out.
    And the best way to have a job, is to spend.

    And they weren't spending before this adminsitration.

    And we've had recessions regardless of government, regardless of taxes. government does not control the economy. Government is not the answer.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #647
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And the best way to have a job, is to spend.

    And they weren't spending before this adminsitration.

    And we've had recessions regardless of government, regardless of taxes. government does not control the economy. Government is not the answer.
    This country has never seen an Administration like this one and small business which employs 80% of the workers are scared as they should be. This anti business administration is never going to promote the private sector and that is going to keep people unemployed. Imagine those 16 million Americans that are unemployed being gainfully employed and the revenue the govt. would get from those people if they were working?

  8. #648
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, they really don't. The wealthy don't spend any less when taxed, or more when not taxed (those numbers have been posted before). They save. And the rest of us spend as often as we can.
    What the wealthy do with their money seems only of concern to the left. What do you think they do with that extra money and how does that hurt the economy regardless of what they do with it? Liberals seem to be jealous of others being as rich as their leadership is, wonder why?

  9. #649
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What the wealthy do with their money seems only of concern to the left. What do you think they do with that extra money and how does that hurt the economy regardless of what they do with it? Liberals seem to be jealous of others being as rich as their leadership is, wonder why?
    Strawman. I didn't bring it up, you did. you said they spend. They don't. And I have no jealousy. I don't begruge those who pay less or worry about those who pay more. The system is fine.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #650
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Strawman. I didn't bring it up, you did. you said they spend. They don't. And I have no jealousy. I don't begruge those who pay less or worry about those who pay more. The system is fine.
    Do you think they hide it in their pillows ??? Of course not, they invest it so businesses can grow and HIRE people.

    Right now, they are hiding it in their pillows because they don't trust Obama and his minions.
    Last edited by Gill; 10-21-10 at 03:27 PM.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •