Page 63 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #621
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've done that many times. What part are you confused on?
    I am confused as to how a recession can end in June 2009 and have economic growth lower this year than last and unemployment higher EACH month of 2010 vs. 2009? I am confused as to how you and everyone else can still blame Bush today and not accept responsibility for the massive expansion of govt. and the 3 trillion added to the debt?

    No one can defend the Obama results because what he has done is indefensible but is being ignored. Rhetoric in the liberal world trumps actual facts.

  2. #622
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am confused as to how a recession can end in June 2009 and have economic growth lower this year than last and unemployment higher EACH month of 2010 vs. 2009? I am confused as to how you and everyone else can still blame Bush today and not accept responsibility for the massive expansion of govt. and the 3 trillion added to the debt?

    No one can defend the Obama results because what he has done is indefensible but is being ignored. Rhetoric in the liberal world trumps actual facts.
    Well, you may be, but two points:

    1) a technical definition of ending doesn't equal an end to all problems.

    and 2) the president doesn't control the economy. Don't confuse politics with fact.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #623
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Everything that you say, can be immediately dismissed when you say such untrue things as this.

    If you knew what Marxism ACTUALLY was, then you'd know that what you're saying is fundamentally untrue (and the unfortunate thing is, you know it )

    Which makes this all the more tragic. And entertaining.
    What I know are the actual results of the Obama agenda, try sticking to discussing those results. Explain to me how allowing the American people to keep more of what they earn is an expense to the Federal Govt? Explain to me how a recession can end in June 2009 yet economic growth is less today than it was in 2009 and unemployment is higher each month of 2010 than it was monthly in 2009? Explain to me how adding 3 trillion to the debt is moving America forward?

    Everything Obama has done has promoted massive growth in the size of the govt, wealth redistribution, stifling freedom of speech yet that doesn't bother you. Maybe you ought to look up the term Marxist and its definition.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxism
    Last edited by Conservative; 10-21-10 at 12:55 PM.

  4. #624
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, you may be, but two points:

    1) a technical definition of ending doesn't equal an end to all problems.

    and 2) the president doesn't control the economy. Don't confuse politics with fact.
    Interesting how it appears that liberals believe that Bush did thus causing the recession but now that Obama is in office he has nothing to do with the results?

  5. #625
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The same happened with reagan. He appeased terrorist and had welfare hotels underhis watch. How many quote that when talking about him?

    Just saying . . .
    Since you brought it up, could you provide some links to that information?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #626
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Since you brought it up, could you provide some links to that information?
    You don't remember Lebenon? Read up on it. Do the same with welfare motels.

    In Lebanon, the Marines retreated to bunkers and trench fortifications. Casualties continued. During his January 1984 State of the Union address, Reagan asserted that America’s continued military presence in Lebanon was “central to our credibility on a global scale.” Two weeks later he ordered the Marines out.

    It has become axiomatic that the main lesson of the 1983 Beirut debacle was about the danger of appeasing terrorists. This message was underscored by the Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, who pointed to the hasty withdrawal as proof that the Americans were “paper tigers.” “The Marines fled after two explosions,” he boasted.

    AmericanHeritage.com / Death in Beirut: What Were the Lessons, and Did We Learn Them?

    And that is without the entire arms for hostiages stuff.

    Welfare hotels:

    The new social contract: America's ... - Google Books

    Presidential Silences and Symbols: Racial Politics and Welfare Retrenchment during the Reagan Presidency

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #627
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You don't remember Lebenon? Read up on it. Do the same with welfare motels.

    In Lebanon, the Marines retreated to bunkers and trench fortifications. Casualties continued. During his January 1984 State of the Union address, Reagan asserted that America’s continued military presence in Lebanon was “central to our credibility on a global scale.” Two weeks later he ordered the Marines out.

    It has become axiomatic that the main lesson of the 1983 Beirut debacle was about the danger of appeasing terrorists. This message was underscored by the Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, who pointed to the hasty withdrawal as proof that the Americans were “paper tigers.” “The Marines fled after two explosions,” he boasted.

    AmericanHeritage.com / Death in Beirut: What Were the Lessons, and Did We Learn Them?

    And that is without the entire arms for hostiages stuff.

    Welfare hotels:

    The new social contract: America's ... - Google Books

    Presidential Silences and Symbols: Racial Politics and Welfare Retrenchment during the Reagan Presidency
    What does any of this have to do with "More Democrats break with Obama on Tax cuts?"

    I really don't blame you from trying to divert from the disaster that Obama is but try to stay on topic.

  8. #628
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What does any of this have to do with "More Democrats break with Obama on Tax cuts?"

    I really don't blame you from trying to divert from the disaster that Obama is but try to stay on topic.
    I answered a question. perhaps you you ask him.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #629
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I answered a question. perhaps you you ask him.
    Actually I am asking you, what problem do you have with the American people keeping more of what they earn and why are you diverting from the Obama failures?

  10. #630
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Actually I am asking you, what problem do you have with the American people keeping more of what they earn and why are you diverting from the Obama failures?
    It's called fiscal responsibility (I've answered this before). And I haven't divirted from anything jr.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 63 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •