Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 1076

Thread: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

  1. #31
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    When corporations pay less taxes, they have more to reinvest back into their companies, which in turn, creates more tax revenue. i.e. more tax dollars for the government.

    Whay is that so hard for people to understand?
    Trickle down economics is a shown failure. Why do you people keep tauting it. IT DOESN"T WORK....because companies that get the corporate welfare tend not to reinvest and employ more.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #32
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You say that, as if doing business in America is already free.
    Not at all. You people who believe in tax cutes for the wealthiest 1% and who never saw a corporate welfare handout that they didn't like are that ones that want companies to be able to profit freely off the resources and opportunities in this great country.

    Operating in the country comes with a price, responsibilities and obligations....it is the price of doing business.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #33
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Well, there is a problem with this. A BIG problem.
    You are obviously very blind to it, and then you folks go on and blame others for it.

    The problem is mobility. Companies are not going to sit around and be punished. They move.
    Wealthy are not going to risk adding folks in a hostile environment, and when the punishment bar is lowered to $250,000 gross... hell... many will cut staff, especially in this environment.

    So, you can say there is a price, and there is... just not the one you class warfare types realize.

    .
    Which was the biggest fault that Ronald Reagan left this country with. It used to be that companies that decided that they didn't want to pay for doing business here....and shipped jobs and/or moved overseas were punished for doing so. Reagan made it so that they could freely move our manufacturing jobs in China/India/etc...and not pay a price.....lets corporations monitor themselves.

    As a result....we are still paying the price today where nothing is made in America anymore...and the corporate interests and 1% lline their pockets while the middle class shrinks.

    Until we return to a policy that punishes companies for shipping out American jobs, we will continue to struggle.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #34
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Trickle down economics is a shown failure. Why do you people keep tauting it. IT DOESN"T WORK....because companies that get the corporate welfare tend not to reinvest and employ more.
    a failure for who? the tapeworm set? the class warfare dem income redistribution,

    america became the greatest nation in the world without a confiscatory death tax and income tax

    socialism is an abject failure. Ask Greece and the millions upon millions murdered in the name of making people equal



  5. #35
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Not at all. You people who believe in tax cutes for the wealthiest 1% and who never saw a corporate welfare handout that they didn't like are that ones that want companies to be able to profit freely off the resources and opportunities in this great country.

    Operating in the country comes with a price, responsibilities and obligations....it is the price of doing business.
    strawman alert. I oppose progressive income taxes and I oppose corporate bailouts. who pushed the most for the GM and Chrysler bailouts? UNIONS



  6. #36
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Which was the biggest fault that Ronald Reagan left this country with. It used to be that companies that decided that they didn't want to pay for doing business here....and shipped jobs and/or moved overseas were punished for doing so. Reagan made it so that they could freely move our manufacturing jobs in China/India/etc...and not pay a price.....lets corporations monitor themselves.

    As a result....we are still paying the price today where nothing is made in America anymore...and the corporate interests and 1% lline their pockets while the middle class shrinks.

    Until we return to a policy that punishes companies for shipping out American jobs, we will continue to struggle.
    like many wealth redistributionists you labor under the delusion that all the top 1% are the same. Did you read the USATODAY letters today-an orthopaedic surgeon noted he's targeted for the obama tax hikes. most surgeons I know make upwards of 400K a year. They are not shipping jobs overseas. How many of the top 1% do you think have that power?



  7. #37
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Trickle down economics is a shown failure. Why do you people keep tauting it. IT DOESN"T WORK....because companies that get the corporate welfare tend not to reinvest and employ more.
    Taking our money from us in the form of taxes, then giving it back to us in the form of economic stimulus is the obvious failure. It took less than a year to prove that recyceling money isn't going to boost the economy.

    While you're on the subject of corporate welfare, who was it that bailed out Chrysler and GM? How did that go for us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #38
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Not at all. You people who believe in tax cutes for the wealthiest 1% and who never saw a corporate welfare handout that they didn't like are that ones that want companies to be able to profit freely off the resources and opportunities in this great country.

    Operating in the country comes with a price, responsibilities and obligations....it is the price of doing business.
    That's right and the government's price for doing business in this country is already high enough. Raising that price will have a negative effect on the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,067

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The facts are if we continue these tax cuts we will be living in the Congo. The Bush tax cuts have been in effect for almost 10 years and look where it has gotten us.

    On Pelosi...

    Pelosi sees no justification for high-end tax cuts | Reuters
    Those tax cuts are the only thing that's saved us; without them, we could be staring down 20 percent unemployment. You can thank Fannie and Freddie (and Frank and Dodd) for where we are, not tax cuts.

    The government has no idea what to do with the taxes we pay; why in the hell do you want to give them more? You honestly believe that they would have used additional tax dollars to pay down debt? No, they would have just used it to expand the government further.

    Every dollar in our hands, rather than the government's, is a small step in the right direction.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,067

    Re: More Democrats break with Obama on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    strawman alert. I oppose progressive income taxes and I oppose corporate bailouts. who pushed the most for the GM and Chrysler bailouts? UNIONS
    Thank you. Liberals and the hypocritical knots they tie themselves into. LOL

    They want higher taxes for big business, but then they support stimulus bailouts for big business?

    It's right up there with being pro-abortion and anti-death penalty.

Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •